G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Should I get all new tires and brakes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I get all new tires and brakes?

I have a 2008 g35x and I've been having issues with the handling.

I had to get two different tires replaced, one in Summer 2014 on the rear passenger side and another in Spring 2015 on the front driver's side. The remaining two tires are starting to run low on tread and need replacing soon and the other two have different tread on them.

I also got the brakes done in Summer '14 at a mom & pop auto mechanic, which was probably a mistake. I should have had them done at the dealership.

Basically while driving the car never drives in a straight line. It either wants to go left or right and the steering wheel requires correcting at least once every 5 seconds on a perfectly straight road. The car also swerves to the left under braking. The VDC system is also quick to cut power and jerk the car around while turning.

The brakes shake the cabin and make noise. It also feels like the response out of the brakes isn't very solid and the response decreases after about 3 uses.

It is also difficult to keep a constant speed and the car slows down dramatically when I slightly let off the accelerator. I ordered four Bridgestone Turanza tires and I'm going to get all new brakes and an alignment at the dealership. Will this solve the issues? Any other V36 drivers have these issues?

Old 07-16-2016, 06:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look on yelp and go to any auto repair/tire center with high number of 5 star reviews. Dealers are a rip off and sometimes the mechanics there are unexperienced or lazy as any other shop.

As for brakes shaking, go to a shop to have your rotors shaved and pads leveled. When you drive really aggressively and hold the brakes and red lights on these cars, they leave deposits and cause the shaking. Its not from an installation error. These cars brakes just heat up alot of melts pad residue easily....

DEFINITELY get an alignment from a shop that will do the brakes as well! Negotiate the price if you get all the work done there also.

The Turanza is great tires, got them on my car from costco. A car is supposed to slow down when you let off the gas. If you think its more than normal maybe change your rear differential oil. Might need some need wheel bearings soon as well.

I would also recommend replacing all the shocks, will make the car handle amazingly.

Last edited by esotericrider; 07-16-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:42 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Buying new tires is a good idea, to get wholesale prices check out www.thetirerack.com. They will deliver to your home or shop which ever your choose, you just need to have them installed. Brakes/Alignment, easy solution...find an independent brake/alignment shop in your area! That's all they do 6 days a week and the cost will be considerably less than the Stealership along with better results!
Gary