G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

stalls on warm start up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2017 | 12:32 AM
|
stalls on warm start up

Yesterday I changed my battery and ever since I changed the battery on a warm start the car will start then stall. I have cleaned the throttle bodies and changed the air filters about 1k miles ago, and today I changed both mass air flow sensors and did the relearn procedure. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

Old 01-22-2017 | 05:51 AM
Super Moderator
Veteran: Army
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by taso22
Yesterday I changed my battery and ever since I changed the battery on a warm start the car will start then stall. I have cleaned the throttle bodies and changed the air filters about 1k miles ago, and today I changed both mass air flow sensors and did the relearn procedure. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?
Yes!

Take it to your local Infiniti dealer for a proper diagnosis.
Just replacing various parts without actually knowing the root cause just complicates finding the solution.
If you still have the OEM parts put them back. If you used non OEM parts they may very well be the cause?
Or perhaps you have poor fuel pump pressure and a failing fuel pump?
Who knows?
When it was time to replace my battery last November the dealer charged $114 for the battery and a half hour labor to install it.
Everything worked as I drove out and all my radio presets remained. I may have paid a little more than you did for the battery but

I left happy and am still happy.

I just hate vehicle aggravation!

Telcoman

Old 01-22-2017 | 12:19 PM
|
Originally Posted by telcoman
Yes!

Take it to your local Infiniti dealer for a proper diagnosis.
Just replacing various parts without actually knowing the root cause just complicates finding the solution.
If you still have the OEM parts put them back. If you used non OEM parts they may very well be the cause?
Or perhaps you have poor fuel pump pressure and a failing fuel pump?
Who knows?
When it was time to replace my battery last November the dealer charged $114 for the battery and a half hour labor to install it.
Everything worked as I drove out and all my radio presets remained. I may have paid a little more than you did for the battery but

I left happy and am still happy.

I just hate vehicle aggravation!

Telcoman
I put the factory Mass Air flow sensors back in, but I still have the problem. I notice it only stalls on start up when its a warm start.

Old 01-22-2017 | 08:03 PM
Maybe you have a large vacuum leak? Try giving it gas as you start it after it's warm to see if the problem exists.

You can also unplug the MAF's and see if the car still stalls out. You'll get an engine code, but it should set it to a rich setting.

Old 01-22-2017 | 08:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by coffeysm
Maybe you have a large vacuum leak? Try giving it gas as you start it after it's warm to see if the problem exists.

You can also unplug the MAF's and see if the car still stalls out. You'll get an engine code, but it should set it to a rich setting.
Between the MAF's that came with the car 8 years ago and the new ones I bought yesterday it made no difference when trying to fix the problem. If it were to be a vacuum leak, what vacuum lines should I be looking for?

Old 01-23-2017 | 12:22 AM
I meant to unplug the MAF sensors while the car is still warm, turn it on, and see if stalls out again. If it doesn't stall because of the extra fuel added to the system then I'd start looking into a vacuum leak.

Start from the brake booster and check all those lines. Check the plenum spacer, throttle body spacer, and anywhere else you touched. Odds are something is letting extra air in the system.

If you give it gas does it stall out also? You can use spray bottle with water, unlit propane, and you're looking for the RPM to jump.
​​​​​
Sounds like a vacuum leak when it stalls out after the car is in closed loop mode.
​​​​

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.