G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

questions about catback system

Old 03-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions about catback system

hey all I bought a 07 g35s back in December very clean 1 owner and from what I could tell its all 100% stock I want to upgrade it a little but nothing on the serious level just looking at the max headers exhaust and tune don't think air intakes are going to do any good maybe just upgrade my filter to k&N and then if its worth it tune my question is this I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on big brands I'm more a bang for buck type of person don't care about looks just performance I found this exhaust kit that seems very reasonably priced has anybody installed it and or have at info on it here is the link thanks in advanced for any info I have no prior experience with infinitis thanks!

Amazon Amazon

I also saw that in the similar price range there is a spec d exhaust but I do not know what brand are good or bad on infiniti and I am also looking to keep it quiet just better flow as it is a highway/grocery getter

Old 03-25-2017, 12:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Soak everything in penatrating oil the day before

Old 03-25-2017, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Justindiz
Soak everything in penatrating oil the day before
yeah I assume that on any exhaust job or anything with some miles on it do you have any experience with this specific exhaust that I'm asking about ?do you have it or know anybdy that has installed it?

Old 03-26-2017, 04:29 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliBayG35
yeah I assume that on any exhaust job or anything with some miles on it do you have any experience with this specific exhaust that I'm asking about ?do you have it or know anybdy that has installed it?
I have not seen they exhaust before. On my car I am running a custom car back with a magnaflow x pipe with two magnapacks it gets loud and deep. I'm not really sure if you should trust it. Honestly custom work is about the same price also so maybe consider that?

Old 03-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Justindiz
I have not seen they exhaust before. On my car I am running a custom car back with a magnaflow x pipe with two magnapacks it gets loud and deep. I'm not really sure if you should trust it. Honestly custom work is about the same price also so maybe consider that?
yeah but it wont be stainless and where I'm at for custom I'm looking at about 650+ and I don't want loud or raspy just better flow.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliBayG35
yeah but it wont be stainless and where I'm at for custom I'm looking at about 650+ and I don't want loud or raspy just better flow.
Try using our Search using the words "Best Exhaust!" A few of our members love the Exotic Speed RI-T exhaust system, sounds like what might work for you...
Gary

Old 04-07-2017, 06:00 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Gary thanks for your advice but you might want to read posts before you comment. First of all the RI-T is for coupes and OP has a sedan. Second he said he doesn't want to spend a lot of money he's "more of a bang for the buck guy" and the Exotic Speed RII-T that fits the second gen sedans is $1700 or more. Yes Google works well but only if you use the parameters you set for yourself.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Try using our Search using the words "Best Exhaust!" A few of our members love the Exotic Speed RI-T exhaust system, sounds like what might work for you...
Gary
I looked that one up but its definitely not my liking, also I just read the post underneath if its anything over $900 its way too much, the most I would do on cat back exhaust would be $600 I am going for most quietest best flowing exhaust, I already have a free flowing straight pipe v8 that's the main reason of keeping the g as quiet as possible its my highway driver and grocery getter but like anything I own I'm still going to modify it. So far from research the only mods I'm doing is intake and plenum spacer along with headers cat back and a good tune.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
On a tight budget for your grocery get'er, a Magnaflow muffler for your sedan. That will give you a little more sound without being too obvious...Gary

Old 04-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Magnaflow muffler or STOCK AF.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.