G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New to me! 08 g35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to me! 08 g35x

Picked her up a few weeks ago after I totaled my 09 legacy gt. After researching I'm aware I paid to much. Picked the car up for 10k with 98k miles car looks absolutely beautiful tho. The dealership gave me a full day to run around and make sure I wanted the car.

I figured I would pop on here and introduce myself as I have been lurking and really appreciate all of the help this forum has provided. I'm 28 two kids deep. I have always been a huge fan of Subarus. Almost picked up another one until I drove this thing. I love owning cars that have a faithful following of great people. So far I'm at 103k in the past month. Just to much fun to drive!

Anyways I do have a couple of quick questions I did not find using search.
When stationary in MM I hear a whine or whistle sound. Move back to drive and its gone. Also when switching to MM from drive it seems to load the engine a little maybe 100-200rpms.

I've also noticed when its pretty cold (under 40) the car will not shift to 5th until its warm. I did a search and found another post but everyone basically said not to worry. So I won't.
The timing chain makes a slight noise. I figure at the mileage this is normal from the chain stretching a small amount over the time..

The next thing on my list is a little usb/3.5mm jack/switch that is wired into the center console. USB works great when charging my phone. 3.5mm jack I can't figure out how it works. I use the video input in the middle console anyways. But the switch has me completely baffled. Turn it on turn it off. Nothing seems to change.

Other than that. The car runs great. Shifts smooth sometimes 3rd will jerk occasionally. Other than the body roll when corning at a decent speed. I love it. My leggy felt more rigid but I'm sure its just the difference in weight. I don't care to mod it. She is fine the way she is for now(Until I pay her off). At some point I would love to dig deeper but I think this will be suspension mods. The 300hp the vq throws around has been plenty enough for anything I do.

Shes dirty in the pic. But she still looks great. I've gotten a ton of attention with her. Either by the police (Cop said he tagged me at 85 in a 70 even tho my cc was set to 74 this was on a crowded highway and I figured he just seen the sporty looking car oh well). Other cars trying to race every time I turn around can be annoying. I don't mind when I'm alone but it seems like they're more attracted to me when my kids are in the back and that's a no go.

Thanks in advance if anyone has an answer to my questions. Other than that thanks for the great material to read at work and I hope everyone is having a great night!

Old 03-26-2017, 04:07 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Congrats on the ride

FYI that USB/Input thing you posted as your second pic is not a factory part, it was installed by the previous owner. If you have no need for it, feel free to pull it off. As you said there is no need for it since there are factory inputs already under the armrest.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by willdogs
Congrats on the ride

FYI that USB/Input thing you posted as your second pic is not a factory part, it was installed by the previous owner. If you have no need for it, feel free to pull it off. As you said there is no need for it since there are factory inputs already under the armrest.

Thanks! Any idea what the switch is for? It doesn't disable the usb. I thought about taking it out but its nice to have another usb for charging my phone. I think I might mount it somewhere else out of the way.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by MpssChris
Thanks! Any idea what the switch is for? It doesn't disable the usb. I thought about taking it out but its nice to have another usb for charging my phone. I think I might mount it somewhere else out of the way.
No idea what the switch is for, can be anything the previous owner wanted to use it for, Pull it off and tace the wires.

Otherwise I suggest removing it all for a cleaner look and installing a USB charger in your cigarette lighter for a cleaner look

Amazon Amazon

Old 04-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Nice color, I have the same. I don't want to make you feel bad but mine is an 08 also.. Bought for 8k. Dealer had it on the lot for 72 days! I couldn't pass that deal up.

As for the occasional jerk into 3rd, mine does the same, especially in MM. Change the oil, spark plugs, and PCV (often over looked but can rob MPG and performance). She'll take care of you for many more miles

Enjoy!