G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Won't start, single click noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Won't start, single click noise

Hey everyone, long time lurker here. Ive enjoyed reading posts but never actually activated an account. Anyways, heres the issue.

07g35s sedan

About a month ago I changed my battery. The old one (Group 35) to the recommended one(24F). Ever since then I've had issues with it starting. All my accessories, and power work fine, except for when i push to start all I get is a single click. Sometimes it starts right up, sometimes it takes a few tries, but unfortunately last night after a meeting it wouldn't start.

I've replaced the stoplight switch and that wasn't it. The only thing I can think of is that i got the wrong battery or the connections aren't good. I took it to Infiniti and they gave me about 500 different things it could be, racking up a whopping 2,700$ quote.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 06-22-2017, 01:05 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the G35 Driver forums! Gotta love the Stealership!

Answer seems obvious, starting issues after battery was replaced? Not all new batteries work as intended, have it tested...could be a dead sell! Also have them check how many volts your charging system is putting out, s/b around 13.5 to 14 volts!
Good Luck & Enjoy the ride!
Gary

The following users liked this post:
telcoman (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Answer seems obvious, starting issues after battery was replaced? Not all new batteries work as intended, have it tested...could be a dead sell! Also have them check how many volts your charging system is putting out, s/b around 13.5 to 14 volts!
Good Luck & Enjoy the ride!
Gary
Much appreciation Gary!

Old 06-23-2017, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Ian Clark
Hey everyone, long time lurker here. Ive enjoyed reading posts but never actually activated an account. Anyways, heres the issue.

07g35s sedan

About a month ago I changed my battery. The old one (Group 35) to the recommended one(24F). Ever since then I've had issues with it starting. All my accessories, and power work fine, except for when i push to start all I get is a single click. Sometimes it starts right up, sometimes it takes a few tries, but unfortunately last night after a meeting it wouldn't start.

I've replaced the stoplight switch and that wasn't it. The only thing I can think of is that i got the wrong battery or the connections aren't good. I took it to Infiniti and they gave me about 500 different things it could be, racking up a whopping 2,700$ quote.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Why would you replace a stoplight switch prior to testing the battery?

Telcoman

Old 06-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
If I had to take a wild swing from the information you provided... 1) get the battery tested or 2) remove the starter (2 17mm or 14mm fasteners [it escapes me at the moment] from the transmission bell housing) and get that checked.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:39 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by cmaster
If I had to take a wild swing from the information you provided... 1) get the battery tested or 2) remove the starter (2 17mm or 14mm fasteners [it escapes me at the moment] from the transmission bell housing) and get that checked.
I believe you can get the same results by crossing the terminals on the starter without removing it! Like I posted, start with the battery first since everything worked prior to replacing the last one!
Gary

Old 06-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
I believe you can get the same results by crossing the terminals on the starter without removing it! Like I posted, start with the battery first since everything worked prior to replacing the last one!
Gary
Ah, I mean to say then not or lol

Learned something new about crossing the cables... also if the battery is fine and it just clicks, tap the starter motor with a long stick and see if it will start.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:54 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I'd actually start with cleaning and applying de-ox to the battery terminals and cable lugs. It's amazing how oxidized a battery terminal will get when it's sitting on the shelf in the store and sometimes people forget you need to clean it and the terminal on the wire down to SHINY METAL and apply an anti oxidation grease to them.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:32 PM
^ Truth right there.. we forget sometimes since our batteries have the cover on them.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
I would take it to my local O'reilly and have them test the battery for free. If it's intermittent probably just a loose battery terminal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.