G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Torque Pro with wireless OBD2 scanner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 12:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Torque Pro with wireless OBD2 scanner

After about 6 weeks my el-cheapo OBD2 reader finally came in. After trying Torque lite, I decided to download the pro version as it was only $4.95.

I don't really have any issues with mycar, but it certainly is a very cool and powerful tool. Almost too much information, you really need to be careful when using it, and it's best to have a friend monitoring/operating the app while you drive.

Some things I found.

My RPM and speedometer gauges are both reading slightly high.

The car needs only 5-7% throttle to cruise at 80km/h and idles at 3.5%

Timing advance jumps to 40+ degrees under light acceleration, and hits 25-30 under harder acceleration.

Vacuum is around 23 at idle.

Intake air temp can spike to 65C+ if your car has been sitting and then you restart and idle, however it very quickly cools to roughly 10 degrees above ambient while moving.

The HP and Torque "gauges" are somewhat useless and tend to jump around a lot during and dips or bumps in the road. I got 306.7HP at 5500rpm as a peak, This app also claims to measure at the wheels. Could be my phones accelerometer is not the best, for some reason if i put throttle position on the same screen as HP and torque, the refresh rate becomes VERY slow.

That's about all for now, I've only tried it a couple times and there are tons more sensors/metrics that it supports and can monitor, not to mention of course scanning for and clearing any CEL codes. For under $20 for both the reader and the app, I would suggest anyone interested try this out.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:01 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
All sounds normal, the timing part I figure is the anti-knock pulls back timing when accelerating quickly, not so much an issue at less throttle.

As for the data while driving, check out the LOGGING feature of the app, you pick which sensors you want to monitor and it starts a graph and logs all the data until you manually turn the logging feature off. All data can be exported to .CSV then used with something like Google Charts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.