G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G35 Won't blow any air from the vents after being turned on in the morning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalia Fuentes
thanks for replying! No air blows out what so ever. I just ordered a blower fan and I’ll swap it out this weekend hopefully that’s it! I tried replacing the relay but that don’t work out. Hopefully replacing the blower motor works. It’s freezing on the east coast!
Goood luck Dalia Fuentes.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35x
Originally Posted by Nyy8
Hi all,
I have a 2007 G35, and I have just recently started to have this issue where the vents won't blow any type of air when I first start the car in the morning.

Whether it's 65 degree AC or 80 degree heat, I get no air at all. After about 15 mins into my drive or so, the air will randomly come on when it pleases, and work great the rest of my drive. If I have it set to AC, it will blow cold, and heat will blow hot.

It's also very temperamental... some mornings the air will come on, most of the days, it won't.

Now, I noticed when I turn the AC on and no air is blowing out of the vents, I can hear the compressor turn on.

So far, I have replaced the blower motor relay, as suggested by forum members. But this has not solved the issue, instead of just throwing parts at it, I thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

EDIT;

Little detail I left out, that may help you out.

So, Let's say I turn the car off with the climate control at full blast, and then I turn the car back on.

You can hear the climate control start to ramp up, back to where it was, then it cuts itself out. Just something odd I noticed.

Hello, I just joined this forum and came across this. What exactly did you do to resolve your issue then? I am having the exact same problem! thanks -mike

Old 01-17-2020, 09:36 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Usually it's the relay on the BACK of the cabin fuse panel, Fuse Block - J/B.

Your vehicle will have between 2 and 4 of those relays depending on chassis, options, and year. Unblock the fuse block so you can gently pull it forward to see the BLUE NISSAN RELAYS. To test if the relay is bad you can swap them around (with the battery disconnected obviously so you don't screw anything up) and see if the fan starts working and another system stops working. All of those back relays are the exact same, write on them with a sharpie to keep track of which was which.

Autozone carries those OEM Nissan relays for some reason so it's quick and cheap to get replacements.

If you want to look up the diagram of Fuse Block - J/B it's in section PG - Power and Grounding of the FSM at the very bottom right above relay pinout diagram.

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/in...e-manuals.html

The following users liked this post:
chillstatus (06-01-2022)
Old 12-08-2020, 01:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 Infiniti G35X AWD
Resolution to this problem

So I had this problem in my 07 g35x sedan all summer long and finally fixed it this weekend. It only took 15 minutes and a $43 relay.

The relay for the blower motor is the one on the very bottom of the fuse block with a red wire running in just above it.

I forgot to take a picture of mine when I had it apart but this is identical to it.

This is the Napa part number

The following users liked this post:
chillstatus (06-01-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.