G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G35 Won't blow any air from the vents after being turned on in the morning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 G35 Won't blow any air from the vents after being turned on in the morning

Hi all,
I have a 2007 G35, and I have just recently started to have this issue where the vents won't blow any type of air when I first start the car in the morning.

Whether it's 65 degree AC or 80 degree heat, I get no air at all. After about 15 mins into my drive or so, the air will randomly come on when it pleases, and work great the rest of my drive. If I have it set to AC, it will blow cold, and heat will blow hot.

It's also very temperamental... some mornings the air will come on, most of the days, it won't.

Now, I noticed when I turn the AC on and no air is blowing out of the vents, I can hear the compressor turn on.

So far, I have replaced the blower motor relay, as suggested by forum members. But this has not solved the issue, instead of just throwing parts at it, I thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

EDIT;

Little detail I left out, that may help you out.

So, Let's say I turn the car off with the climate control at full blast, and then I turn the car back on.

You can hear the climate control start to ramp up, back to where it was, then it cuts itself out. Just something odd I noticed.

Last edited by Nyy8; 09-13-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:12 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Edit: well scrap everything I said, apparently you already changed the relay... did you verify it was the correct relay? There are 2 or 3 depending on options and they are all the same relay and next to one another.

On​​​ the back side of the fuse panel next to your left foot there are a couple of blue relays, you have to remove the two bolts holding the fuse panel in place to access it. One of them is the AC fan blower relay, check the FSM to find out which one is for that fan and replace it.

Takes about 10 minutes, remove the left foot rest, remove the trim plastic over the fuse holder (all of it, the entire kick panel), unbolt the fuse holder, swap the relay.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:16 PM
I bought the part straight from Nissan, it was 25230-79942 Blower Motor Relay.

It was under the foot pedal, like you said, I removed the bottom relay, when the car was on to test, it controlled the dashboard gauge cluster light and the blower motor. This was the relay I replaced.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:19 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I would focus troubleshooting on the blower motor itself then. If you have the factory stereo you can do the self diagnosis for the AC controller, not an option if you have an aftermarket stereo.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:21 PM
How would I do this? I have the factory setup with Navigation/Tech Package.

A quick google search leaves me with some older threads where the instructions aren't as clear

Old 09-13-2017, 09:50 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Page 83 covers the motor

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu..._G35_Sedan/hac

Page 93 just to confirm that yes THIS was the relay you replaced.

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu...7_G35_Sedan/pg

Apparently they did away with the self diagnostic for 2007? I don't see any mention of it in the FSM anymore? The troubleshooting steps are basically, turn on fan, if it's not working unplug the 3-wire motor harness and test for 12v battery voltage, check for ground, check for continuity on the to the unified meter/ac amp...

Old 09-13-2017, 10:02 PM
Let me ask you this, I am 99% confident I pulled the relay from the bottom.

When I pulled the blower relay, the blower (which was working at the time) turned off and so did the lights on the gauge cluster.

If I had pulled the accessory relay, would the blower have turned off from the accessory relay being pulled?

Old 09-13-2017, 11:10 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It should not affect ANYTHING on the instrument cluster I believe. I did the same thing on my vehicle and literally there was no change except for the blower motor not running.

Mine is an '06 coupe though, but I think you replaced the wrong relay. The diagram is looking from the back side.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Same issue

Hi Guys

i am am having the same issue where the fan won’t blow are till the car worms up after 20 mins. I replace the relay which was the top on my 07 G35X sedan. I noticed when I kick the fuse panel a few times it comes on but then shuts off then I do it a second time and it seems to stay on. Any ideas on what this issue is ?. Thanks

Old 03-16-2018, 03:31 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Definitely sounds like a relay, are you sure you replaced the right one? Check the FSM and under the section for Fuse Block - J/B it will have the relay diagram for the back of that panel.

edit: section PG of the FSM, Power and Grounding.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:39 PM

Pretty sure I did but I’ll check again. Do you have a link ?

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Definitely sounds

like a relay, are you sure you replaced the right one? Check the FSM and under the section for Fuse Block - J/B it will have the relay diagram for the back of that panel.

edit: section PG of the FSM, Power and Grounding.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:29 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2007_G35_Sedan/

Section PG, page 93. You can see the "blower relay" is the one on the far end opposite of the ignition relay.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:23 PM
n/a
Hi did you resolve this issue? About 3 months ago my a/c heater stopped working. (Doesn’t blow out any air no matter what) the defroster in the back still works. It’s starting to get cold so I’ve been trying to work on it. I changed the 2 15A fuses by the drivers side fuse box and they seem to keep blowing out. I bought a new blower motor relay, I replaced it by removing the two screws on the fuse box on the drivers side and replacing the relay closest to the floor. I think I replaced the right one. I replaced it and replaced the two 15A fuses again but still no luck. I’m stuck now pleaseeeee help! Thank you!

Old 12-04-2018, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalia Fuentes
Hi did you resolve this issue? About 3 months ago my a/c heater stopped working. (Doesn’t blow out any air no matter what) the defroster in the back still works. It’s starting to get cold so I’ve been trying to work on it. I changed the 2 15A fuses by the drivers side fuse box and they seem to keep blowing out. I bought a new blower motor relay, I replaced it by removing the two screws on the fuse box on the drivers side and replacing the relay closest to the floor. I think I replaced the right one. I replaced it and replaced the two 15A fuses again but still no luck. I’m stuck now pleaseeeee help! Thank you!
Does it blow cold either? If not, test everything related to the fan. Sadly it seems like it could be your blower motor (ac fan).

Old 12-05-2018, 11:39 PM
n/a
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Does it blow cold either? If not, test everything related to the fan. Sadly it seems like it could be your blower motor (ac fan).
thanks for replying! No air blows out what so ever. I just ordered a blower fan and I’ll swap it out this weekend hopefully that’s it! I tried replacing the relay but that don’t work out. Hopefully replacing the blower motor works. It’s freezing on the east coast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.