Nah, that's a nice upgrade.

The following users liked this post:
2k8Xs (04-23-2021)
Old 04-23-2021, 10:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Silver Xs, exhaust, 09 sport brakes.
Originally Posted by MikeG35Coupe
Nah, that's a nice upgrade.
Thanks. I also did the steering wheel trim and door handle paint repair while I was in there. Just noticed I now have a fog light indicator lol perhaps I'll address the lighting in the future. I found an OEM fog projector that I suspect will fit the sports bumper cut-outs.
Next project is rear diff bushing fix and think about fixing or replacing the rear stay bar (not sway). Is anyone interested me posting my progress on any of those?

Old 04-23-2021, 12:50 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Wouldn't hurt to throw up pictures for the rear stay brace replacement, don't think I've seen any specific threads pertaining to them on the V36 chassis and it's a component that commonly rots away.

A thread on the fog light upgrade if it does fit using oem components would definitely be handy for folks looking to add them to their vehicles.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670
Wouldn't hurt to throw up pictures for the rear stay brace replacement, don't think I've seen any specific threads pertaining to them on the V36 chassis and it's a component that commonly rots away.

A thread on the fog light upgrade if it does fit using oem components would definitely be handy for folks looking to add them to their vehicles.
I just got under the car to take a look at the fog light situation and I wasn't excited. There are is only 1" at best of clearance for the washer reservoir on the sport model. The lights I was looking to use were the thinnest profile OEM I could find. Dodge dart/avenger. Not to mention the black "cut outs" in the bumper are solid molded in the bumper.

Maybe I can swap a washer res from another model. Maybe a 2011 to make my car a 2008 with 2009 brakes and 2010 cluster lol

Old 05-21-2021, 09:48 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Washer fluid reservoirs are something that you can look up pictures of various ones for different Nissan vehicles and they should all have the same sort of electronics, motor using the correct voltage, level/float switch using the correct ohms. If you can find anything that would fit into that space then it might only require making a bracket adapter from sheet metal and possible modifying the fill neck to come out at the correct location.

You could even fab up a custom one from aluminum then swap the sensors over if you are really struggling to find one that would fit.

Possibly also buy another reservoir and chop/plasti-weld it for clearance. You'll lose some capacity but these things hold an entire gallon of wiper fluid so losing a little would be fine.

Old 05-21-2021, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670
Washer fluid reservoirs are something that you can look up pictures of various ones for different Nissan vehicles and they should all have the same sort of electronics, motor using the correct voltage, level/float switch using the correct ohms. If you can find anything that would fit into that space then it might only require making a bracket adapter from sheet metal and possible modifying the fill neck to come out at the correct location.

You could even fab up a custom one from aluminum then swap the sensors over if you are really struggling to find one that would fit.

Possibly also buy another reservoir and chop/plasti-weld it for clearance. You'll lose some capacity but these things hold an entire gallon of wiper fluid so losing a little would be fine.
good point. I think once I can get my hands on a bulk pack of retaining clip to put it all back together, I'm going to remove the bumper and see what I think is possible. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Old 08-08-2024, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37
does cluster have same mileage

Originally Posted by 2k8Xs
That's some good advice. Because I ordered the part used and can't be sure as to how the part was taken off compared to the steering wheel angle, my process is going to be as follows.

I'm going to park the car with the wheels and steering wheel completely straight. Install the new clock spring with angle sensor. Put the car in reverse and see where the angle sensor matches up. Once I get that lined up straight, I'm going to turn the clock spring by hand to make sure I can go in either direction the same amount. Return everything to the straight position and install the steering wheel.

Thoughts?

Update: Everything works! All calibrated, lights out and controls restored.
About 200 miles on the new cluster. Looks great and I'm very happy. So yes, it is possible to drop in a 2010 G37 instrument cluster to an 08 G35.
was wondering does your new cluster have your car mileage or did mileage carry over from donor car i am currently needing a cluster for g37

Old 08-08-2024, 02:31 AM
Received 403 Likes on 364 Posts
Not sure how the G37s work. But on the G35 the mileage is only stored in the cluster. So if you get a new cluster, its gonna show a different mileage.