G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Details: 2007 G35 Sedan Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show me the Numbers!

The new G35 Sedan looks great! Nissan didn't screw up a design that was unique to begin with 4 years ago. What would concern me is the "motor" and what have they done to it to make up for the weight gain that is definetely there!
I see the 7500RPM redine on the Tach which means less torque where I want it and that is at lower RPMs! A 6speed automatic would have been nice as the rev matching is a load of crap as far as what I want from a preformance perspective.
Anyway, SHOW ME THE NUMBERS!
My 2003 (dogey door) sedan will be around for a while to come as my wife just went out and bought a 2007 Camry SE V6 with a pretty good 3.5 litre engine. I was surprised when I drove it, not a G35 (front wheel drive) BUT it will beat a TL and my G in a straight line!
Have a great day;
WinterPeg
2003 Sedan AT Premium DP:24,000 miles and almost broken in!

Old 04-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by harley01
Some people in the audio section would disagree with you. Nice attitude by the way, does Mom know you skipped school today?
Um...right. And those people would be wrong. Unless your Best Buy carries Krell or Wilson Audio? Thought not.

Sincere apologies for using the word Gay though. Forgot which board I was on.

And I was out of school while you were still discovering yourself in the tub, son.

Last edited by t0pher; 04-13-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by UofMG35
Doesn't the current G35 sedan AT w/ premium package have the easy entry/exit? I know the seat moves forward and backward, but does the steering wheel tilt up? If the current one has it, I'm sure the new G35 will have it.
Yes the 05 does - but I disabled mine. Don't like the wheel moving all over every time I get in and out...servo motor waiting to blow there!

Old 04-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t0pher
Um...right. And those people would be wrong. Unless your Best Buy carries Krell or Wilson Audio? Thought not.

Sincere apologies for using the word Gay though. Forgot which board I was on.

And I was out of school while you were still discovering yourself in the tub, son.
I certainly think Infinity could design a system a better system than Bose. Of course it would not have the snob appeal you so desire. I'll make sure to erect a statue in your honor.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:29 PM
I certainly think Infinity could design a system a better system than Bose.
Oh don't get me wrong - I agree with that point.

Of course it would not have the snob appeal you so desire.
I do not desire snob appeal. I just hate when people call something like "Bose" Audiophile, or overuse audiophile to apply to anything that has more speakers than the previous version.

I'll make sure to erect a statue in your honor.
Whatever turns you on, man.

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So true. Yeah - too many people confuse how loud it gets with how good it sounds.

Picus - you should seriously audition the Passat with that Dynaudio. That's the one to beat IMO.
I'll check it out. I haven't auditioned a new car stock audio since I moved. For quite some time when I lived in San Francisco the company I worked for tested most new stock car audio systems, so I got to sit in a lot of them with a Fleetwood Mac CD and an SPL meter. The guys that did that have the best job. I do have to admit that of all the cars I did sit in the ML in the Lexus GS was very nice.

Not that I want to get into the mudslinging you guys are doing, but while Infinity probably could design a much better car audio system than Bose (heck, if Monsoon can, Infinity can), I don't know how likely it would be that said system would compare favorably to the IS's ML, or the TL's stock 5.1 system.

And yes, when push comes to shove as much as I am interested in the system, I am more interested in the engine!

Last edited by Picus; 04-13-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:45 PM
If there's one thing common to ALL automobile websites, it's the negative reaction a newer model gets from many of the older model owners.

The front end is ugly
The back end is ugly
I'll stick with my 04
The seats are 1/8 of an inch off center
The BMW 330i is way better

Good grief, it's enough to drive a person insane. The 07 G35 is a HUGE step in the right direction for infiniti. Don't just compare it to the 06, look back a few more years. The interior is literally 1000% better than it was in 2003. The automatic shifter isn't notchy and blends well with the interior, it has bluetooth, the materials are of better quality, Infiniti FINALLY got the gauges right!!! No more ugly orange.

If you think the Lexus and BMW's are better, that's fine. They also will cost you upwards of $6-12K more than the G35. They freaking should be better. If the financials remain the same with the G (and I'm sure they will), I'll be able to get a smoking hot sedan for $35K with financing terms of 2.9% or better. Good luck finding a better VALUE.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by BobbyG123
If there's one thing common to ALL automobile websites, it's the negative reaction a newer model gets from many of the older model owners.

The front end is ugly
The back end is ugly
I'll stick with my 04

Good grief, it's enough to drive a person insane. The 07 G35 is a HUGE step in the right direction for infiniti. Don't just compare it to the 06, look back a few more years. The interior is literally 1000% better than it was in 2003. The automatic shifter isn't notchy and blends well with the interior, it has bluetooth, the materials are of better quality, Infiniti FINALLY got the gauges right!!! No more ugly orange.

If you think the Lexus and BMW's are better, that's fine. They also will cost you upwards of $6-12K more than the G35. They freaking should be better. If the financials remain the same with the G (and I'm sure they will), I'll be able to get a smoking hot sedan for $35K with financing terms of 2.9% or better. Good luck finding a better VALUE.
+1

Old 04-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, overall the design is nice. Interior and exterior. I can see that the interior and exterior quality looks a lot like my '05 coupe. Just updated. I'm going to show the wife and see if she wants one (she's looking for a new vehicle).

But the only way I would ever buy infiniti again is if they fix the design issues surrounding the rattles and creaks. There are just too many of them in all of these nissan products when compared with audi, bmw, and Lexus/toyota. For those who say they have no rattles...great. But we all know our cars have more rattles than the aforementioned.

So upgrade the interior materials, upgrade the motor, blah blah. But I want to be sure Infiniti has upgraded the way they've engineered these components to fit together. I'm thinking with a similar MSRP, etc... that may not have happened.

Love my '05 though. Just got a new job that gave me a 100% raise. So hopefully a GTR?

Old 04-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
but while Infinity probably could design a much better car audio system than Bose (heck, if Monsoon can, Infinity can), I don't know how likely it would be that said system would compare favorably to the IS's ML, or the TL's stock 5.1 system.
Agreed. I think Monsoon makes the TL's don't they?

Yeah - well nothing can compete with the Sparkomatic from my Plymouth!

Last edited by t0pher; 04-13-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by BobbyG123

The front end is ugly
The back end is ugly
I'll stick with my 04

+++11

Old 04-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by WinterPeg
what have they done to it to make up for the weight gain that is definetely there!

bought a 2007 Camry SE V6 with a pretty good 3.5 litre engine. I was surprised when I drove it, not a G35 (front wheel drive) BUT it will beat a TL and my G in a straight line!
What weight gain? Infiniti hasn't released any mass information yet. How do you know there hasn't been a mass reduction?

The 07 Camry V6 is not faster than a G35 or a TL in a straight line... 07 Camry V6 does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, that's about 0.5 seconds slower than a G35 AT, and about 1.0 seconds slower than a G35 MT or TL.

Last edited by UofMG35; 04-13-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:00 PM
J1349 is SAE Certified, not SAE net. SAE net is from 1972.
Geez, didn't mean to imply that. I really meant this (SAE net, Rev 8/04).

Old 04-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by OP240SX
Geez, didn't mean to imply that. I really meant this (SAE net, Rev 8/04).
Actually, J1349 was REVISED from SAE net to SAE Certified. So we're both right.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:10 PM
I wonder if a MP3 CD will show ID3 Tags and Folder Information?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Details: 2007 G35 Sedan Pics Inside