G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

do you think to get the upgraded BOSE youll have to get the most expensive pkg?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you think to get the upgraded BOSE youll have to get the most expensive pkg?

like the M?

that sucks. but who knows. id get the base with the stereo if it was good enough

Old 04-16-2006, 10:07 PM
It better be a HUGE improvement for me to pay extra for it. Being Bose, it has a lot to prove.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Has anyone heard the Bose system in the M?

Old 04-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JGFox
Has anyone heard the Bose system in the M?
I have, and it's not bad - way better than the BOSE system in my G, but so are most other systems compared to my G. I have a Mark Levinson System in my RX 330 and the BOSE system even in the M does not compete at all. Any BOSE system that I've ever listen to, no matter how much $$$ it was, it was all based on paper-coned drivers and cheep crap tweeters and components. The Mark Levinson System has all metal cone drivers, Ferro-Fluid cooled tweeters and word class components.

I don't care if there are 20" drivers in the doors. Anyone that knows about true Home Theater Systems [not found in stores] are about acoustics, timber-matching, and sound stage - not speaker sizes.

This system has a lot to prove, and I would have really liked if Infiniti went w/another manufacturer [M&K, RBH, Ect...], for BOSE and Home Theater are rarly used in the same sentence among people that know true Home Theater Sound reproducton.

...we'll see how they did soon enough.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by RLampke
I have, and it's not bad - way better than the BOSE system in my G, but so are most other systems compared to my G. I have a Mark Levinson System in my RX 330 and the BOSE system even in the M does not compete at all. Any BOSE system that I've ever listen to, no matter how much $$$ it was, it was all based on paper-coned drivers and cheep crap tweeters and components. The Mark Levinson System has all metal cone drivers, Ferro-Fluid cooled tweeters and word class components.

I don't care if there are 20" drivers in the doors. Anyone that knows about true Home Theater Systems [not found in stores] are about acoustics, timber-matching, and sound stage - not speaker sizes.

This system has a lot to prove, and I would have really liked if Infiniti went w/another manufacturer [M&K, RBH, Ect...], for BOSE and Home Theater are rarly used in the same sentence among people that know true Home Theater Sound reproducton.

...we'll see how they did soon enough.

I agree, sounds like ur into HT and high end audio, same here

I doubt we would ever see factory automotive applications using M&K or RBH, currently the big players are Bose, Infinity, Harman Kardon & JBL (mostly Harman companies coincidently). My bro has an '01 330 w/ an HK that kills my Bose. The current Bose system though not great could be much better if our acoustics were better. I've heard that some minor sound deadening in the doors helps a lot. Hopefully they payed more close attention to making the car quieter for this new 3-way system.

I was about to put in a 3-way Morel setup maybe I'll wait to see how good this new system and car is.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 04NismoV35
I agree, sounds like ur into HT and high end audio, same here

I doubt we would ever see factory automotive applications using M&K or RBH, currently the big players are Bose, Infinity, Harman Kardon & JBL (mostly Harman companies coincidently). My bro has an '01 330 w/ an HK that kills my Bose. The current Bose system though not great could be much better if our acoustics were better. I've heard that some minor sound deadening in the doors helps a lot. Hopefully they payed more close attention to making the car quieter for this new 3-way system.

I was about to put in a 3-way Morel setup maybe I'll wait to see how good this new system and car is.
I am - I have about $75K into my home theater and I also own my own HT business [Intelligent Integrations LLC]. The best Factory system that I've heard to date is the Bangoff & Olfson system in the new Audi S line. Even though it may be a $6K option, once you here it it's worth every penny. This system even takes into consideration rattles and adds what is essentially dynamat in strategic locations to prevent rattles at any volume.

…and does this system have volume

Old 04-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I am - I have about $75K into my home theater and I also own my own HT business [Intelligent Integrations LLC]. The best Factory system that I've heard to date is the Bangoff & Olfson system in the new Audi S line. Even though it may be a $6K option, once you here it it's worth every penny. This system even takes into consideration rattles and adds what is essentially dynamat in strategic locations to prevent rattles at any volume.

…and does this system have volume
Well that makes sense, same here as well, I just started an A/V & HT business, although I don't have quite as much invested in my system yet.

You have to wonder though, @ $6K does pay to spend the money in an option that you could probably out-do spending the same or less on aftermarket upgrades. As I mentioned before I almost invested in a Morel setup that would have been less $$$ and still performed incredibly well.

The idea that they are addressing the acoustics in that option is refreshing rather than trying to overpower the problems. Now, hopefully Infiniti has also addressed the acoustics of the new G.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 04NismoV35
Well that makes sense, same here as well, I just started an A/V & HT business, although I don't have quite as much invested in my system yet.

You have to wonder though, @ $6K does pay to spend the money in an option that you could probably out-do spending the same or less on aftermarket upgrades. As I mentioned before I almost invested in a Morel setup that would have been less $$$ and still performed incredibly well.

The idea that they are addressing the acoustics in that option is refreshing rather than trying to overpower the problems. Now, hopefully Infiniti has also addressed the acoustics of the new G.
Agreed...

Also, for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...rticle_id=1385

Last edited by RLampke; 04-18-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Agreed...

Also, for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...rticle_id=1385
Wow, thanks. Very impressive, seems like the first serious and real attempt at a high fidelity system in along time.....if ever.