G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.
View Poll Results: Create Picture Share Sub-forums
Yes, create Picture Share sub-forums in car specific sections
65.85%
No, leave it the way it is
34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Picture Share Suggestion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Picture Share Suggestion

I've been reading/watching all the disagreements and things people have about the Picture Share forum and threads being moved so I propose a compromise per se.

How about we create a Picture Share sub-forum in the car specific forums such as a 2007 G35 Sedan > Picture Share subforum, then one for the G35 Coupe etc and have an off-topic/general picture share forum for all the non-car specific images? That way the people who want to look at pics of 07 G35 Sedans or G35 Coupes or GT-R's don't have to sift through all the other stuff of the general Picture Share Forum?

I dunno, I think that would suit everyone and make it less complicated for the Admins and also make it easier to maintain the forum. Less moving threads etc. Wouldn't this please everyone?

Just a thought.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
doesnt seem like anything bad could become of it

Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good suggestion.

I would be more comfortable with having a Sticky for pictures in the G35 Coupe and G35 Sedan forums over creating sub-forums. I know that Shane already made a Sticky thread in the G35 Sedan forum, so that is a start.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
imo, that's too many places for pictures. personally, i like them all in one place: the picture forum. it's easier to keep track of, search, and find pics that i'm looking for.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Lexus IS350
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^+1. One picture share forum is enough.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
shoulda never changed imo =P

Old 03-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Good to see you admins take good consideration upon member suggestions.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just asked on another thread where I should post pics of my new Volk GT-7 wheels when they arrive around the end of April. I was told by the mod they should be put in the Wheels section. I guess I'm not going to bother with posting since not that many people look in the Wheels section for new pics.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
imo, that's too many places for pictures. personally, i like them all in one place: the picture forum. it's easier to keep track of, search, and find pics that i'm looking for.
so then why are the picture subforums in the tech areas? thats pretty much the only gripe I have with the new setup. Also, I think when you click on media share, it should go to the picture share forum as the default rather than just going to a page with no posts since a majority of the posts in that section are pictures, like the way it is setup on my350z. Then the vid section can be a subforum within the picture share forum.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gspotter
I just asked on another thread where I should post pics of my new Volk GT-7 wheels when they arrive around the end of April. I was told by the mod they should be put in the Wheels section. I guess I'm not going to bother with posting since not that many people look in the Wheels section for new pics.
Lots of the veterens look in the wheels sections, maybe not all of the newbs but why does it really matter how many people look at them if there isn't a question to be asked. Some people will look and give you feedback, and eventually more people will actually start looking in those sections

Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
so then why are the picture subforums in the tech areas? thats pretty much the only gripe I have with the new setup. Also, I think when you click on media share, it should go to the picture share forum as the default rather than just going to a page with no posts since a majority of the posts in that section are pictures, like the way it is setup on my350z. Then the vid section can be a subforum within the picture share forum.
+1000

Why have sub-forums for pictures in EVERY forum??? it doesnt make any sense.. all the pics should be in one place, unless it's a DIY or showing an example or something or the like.
-GP-

Old 03-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
it isn't my choice to have those media sub-forums.

Originally Posted by GeoBau
here's my rationale:

The impetus for categorizing the media is that you shouldn't have to search around for everything. That is, assuming you're actually looking for something and now just browsing for shits and giggles. What does one media section accomplish, other than pointing out that it contains randomly-disconnected media?

The idea behind it is that if you are reading about the new exhaust in the exhaust section, then think "Hm, wonder how it sounds", you navigate from the mother forum into media, videos, and your model. There you go-- all of your relevant sounds and vids just three clicks away.

Of course, the most important factor I considered is that... this is the direction in which information-sharing is going, and that' an undeniable force. People want little universes of text and media. They don't even consider videos and pictures as being 'separate' from the info they seek. It's not like we've just discovered these amazing new things called Pictures that deserve their own special land... they're just corollaries to our info, and should coexist with it.

G
while i don't exactly agree with the media share sub-forums, i support the admins (note: yes, those are two different things.)