G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Uncomparmentalizing G35driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uncomparmentalizing G35driver

I honestly don't know where this thread belongs and I'm sure it will be "moved" to another location but I gotta get this off my chest. I've been a member on these forums for about 2.5 years and i've seen it change and for the most part is hasnt bothered me and i really do appreciate all the work put in by the webmasters and the moderators. BUT is it just me or does everythign seem to have its own forum? I personally dont like to have to search 10 different forums just to find out somethings new. Theres a forum for the new 08 coupe,.. but to be honest why cant we just keep it in the regular coupe section? There are 27 forums and then many of those forums have sub forums. I got to counting and i stopped after 50 b/c its kinda ridiculous... I know its a stupid rant and im gonna get flamed but I had to let it out. I dindt even know the 08 coupe was relased today until i saw the poll on the homepage because everything is so subforumed Am i the only one who thinks this? I just think that by moving so many topics to different sections or having so many different sections kinda removes the idea of having a forum in the first place. Its a place where everyone can voice their opinions and half the time things are moved before anyone can see them. Thanks in advance,not trying to start a revolution, esp not wtih just 600 posts but just wanted to see if im the only one.

Last edited by TwiBlue; 03-21-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
the purpose of having separate forums for different topics is to keep things more organized. this way, it will be easier for people to search for a specific threads (i.e. on intakes/exhausts, plenum mods, wheels and offsets, etc.) by limiting their search to only those specific forums.

the idea behind this is that if you are searching for information on the hks exhaust, for example, you can navigate to the exhaust forum and either manually look through recent threads page by page or isolate your advanced search to the exhaust forum only. otherwise, you will be stuck/lost searching through the coupe forum, for example, for an eternity.

i suppose i do see your frustration in that it is difficult to keep up with all the forums'/subforums' latest posts, but isn't there a function on the homepage where you can click to see all the new/recent posts from all forums? i myself have never used this function, as i frequent every forum/subforum on a regular basis, but it sounds like this may be useful to you.

also, the purpose of having two different forums for the g35 and g37 is that they are two different cars. sure, they will share some similarities - but that chances are that the g37 will have its own problems that don't relate to our g35's (and vice versa). the idea behind separating these two into two forums is to not clutter one forum (i.e. the g35 coupe forum) with problems of the g37 coupe that may not concern the g35 coupe.

hopefully that made sense. i'm kind of tired, and my post may be "all over the place," so to speak, and difficult to follow.

but thanks for your feedback. member feedback/suggestions are always welcomed and encouraged.

btw - for future reference, this should be posted in the feedback/suggestion forum:

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35driver-feedback-suggestions-51/

Last edited by Calvin; 03-21-2007 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:42 AM
becasue if we had 1 huge forum then u wouldnt be able to find **** and a thread u just made 2 min ago would be on the 2nd page already

Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
woah youre a mod!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by Alan
woah youre a mod!
wow he is..just realized..hell be a good moderator since hes on the forums more than anyone else lol

Old 03-21-2007, 03:04 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
lol that post *****

Old 03-21-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
the purpose of having separate forums for different topics is to keep things more organized. this way, it will be easier for people to search for a specific threads (i.e. on intakes/exhausts, plenum mods, wheels and offsets, etc.) by limiting their search to only those specific forums.

the idea behind this is that if you are searching for information on the hks exhaust, for example, you can navigate to the exhaust forum and either manually look through recent threads page by page or isolate your advanced search to the exhaust forum only. otherwise, you will be stuck/lost searching through the coupe forum, for example, for an eternity.

i suppose i do see your frustration in that it is difficult to keep up with all the forums'/subforums' latest posts, but isn't there a function on the homepage where you can click to see all the new/recent posts from all forums? i myself have never used this function, as i frequent every forum/subforum on a regular basis, but it sounds like this may be useful to you.

also, the purpose of having two different forums for the g35 and g37 is that they are two different cars. sure, they will share some similarities - but that chances are that the g37 will have its own problems that don't relate to our g35's. the idea behind separating these two into two forums is to not clutter one forum (i.e. the g35 coupe forum) with problems of the g37 coupe that may not concern the g35 coupe.

hopefully that made sense. i'm kind of tired, and my post may be "all over the place," so to speak, and difficult to follow.

but thanks for your feedback. member feedback/suggestions are always welcomed and encouraged.
hey mr new moderator, dont try so hard lol

Old 03-21-2007, 03:09 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity

also, the purpose of having two different forums for the g35 and g37 is that they are two different cars. sure, they will share some similarities - but that chances are that the g37 will have its own problems that don't relate to our g35's. the idea behind separating these two into two forums is to not clutter one forum (i.e. the g35 coupe forum) with problems of the g37 coupe that may not concern the g35 coupe.

WAH WAH! my hero became a mod?!?!

congrats!

Its true, I found it some what confusing too, but its the best way to keep things organized!

Old 03-21-2007, 03:25 AM
haha some ppl dont even know the other forums exist

Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry but I agree.. way too many subtopics. Most of us don't have time like ahero does, browsing every single one. And the search button isn't exactly efficient if it doesn't allow you to search for 3 letter words. (APS, DPE, OIL, GAS, NAV, HKS, BAR, DIY, etc etc etc.......)

Hey we should have a clear corner subtopic under the lighting subtopic or how about a front bumper subtopic under the body forum because you know... there are a lot of front bumper questions

Old 03-21-2007, 05:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh man that 3 letter thing REALLY bugs the crap out of me. any way to change that?

Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
OTOH, if you took all of the posts about wheels and tires and moved them to the wheel & tire forum, there would be hardly anything left! Flame suit on!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:43 PM
I agree that there are way too many subtopics. It's getting a little confusing knowing where to look for something, or even make a post that isn't on a narrow topic.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I guess im not the only one....

Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL. I expect essays for every question aHero, great job!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uncomparmentalizing G35driver