G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Inconsistent? coupe and earlier sedans threads get moved like water vs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I'm not sure I understand how my request for consistency would result in anything being "worse" for everyone?
Your original post doesn't come across to me as a constructive suggestion, but instead it sounds just like every other thread started on the topic of thread movements. The end result will likely be 15 pages of whining from various members who have had a thread moved, and the mods end up feeling targeted and become increasingly frustrated. In this thread you have questioned the moderators on their commitment and loyalty to rules set out by the administrators when a simple pm or 2 would quite likely lead to a response that may satisfy you. I respect the job the mods here are doing in following their instructions even when it may not make them the most popular among the members.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff, I can only speak for myself. I don't browse any particular section. I use the New Posts feature, and scroll through the posts that interest me. When I see something that is obviously out of place, I move the thread. I don't browse the sections that I moderate deliberately looking for threads to move. I usually skip any 07 sedan related threads, as they don't interest me much yet. So that's why I haven't been moving threads from that section.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
In your opinion I assume. I don't know how else to address the issue I see. What I state is exactly what I see. I'm in no way complaining. In fact, you can see I'm implying that MORE threads should be moved. Not less. So, if my intention was to "whine" about getting a thread moved (which I'm not), then this thread would be counter productive to that, yes?

If every suggestion or feedback post must be addressed via PM, then I fail to see the purpose of this section.

Exactly how is asking the moderater team to be more consistent in the rules that were set forth by this site in anyway questioning their "commitment" or "loyalty"?

Originally Posted by ChristianN
Your original post doesn't come across to me as a constructive suggestion, but instead it sounds just like every other thread started on the topic of thread movements. The end result will likely be 15 pages of whining from various members who have had a thread moved, and the mods end up feeling targeted and become increasingly frustrated. In this thread you have questioned the moderators on their commitment and loyalty to rules set out by the administrators when a simple pm or 2 would quite likely lead to a response that may satisfy you. I respect the job the mods here are doing in following their instructions even when it may not make them the most popular among the members.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your comments and I understand the point you are making. Myself and Speeed are pretty much the two main Mods in the 07 Sedan section simply because we both have one.

Speeed and I do move threads from that section all the time, so I don't want anyone to think members in the 07 Sedan section are free to post whatever they like.

I agree that some of the thread examples you listed could be moved to other sections, while some I think should stay where they are at. I think the reason that Speeed and I are a little apprehensive moving some topics is because the 07 is completely new in so many ways from the previous generation.

As an example, while a question on the Compact Flash or Studio on Wheels could be posted in the Audio section, I think it is best left in the 07 Sedan section since it is the only vehicle that it applies to. Anyways, just my .02 cents.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Red Card Crew

I respect your honest reply. Thanks Trey.

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
Jeff, I can only speak for myself. I don't browse any particular section. I use the New Posts feature, and scroll through the posts that interest me. When I see something that is obviously out of place, I move the thread. I don't browse the sections that I moderate deliberately looking for threads to move. I usually skip any 07 sedan related threads, as they don't interest me much yet. So that's why I haven't been moving threads from that section.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Red Card Crew

Garnet, again thanks for the honest explaination.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Traveling Administrator
Garnet, again thanks for the honest explaination.
No problem bro.....like I said, I completely understand where you are coming from.

It's kind of a double-edged sword I think. On one hand, the type of posts I mentioned of above should be left in the 07 Sedan section since it only applies to that vehicle...........however on the other hand, it could prove useful that they be moved to other sections as it will help the future G37 owners. Hmmmm.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
No problem bro.....like I said, I completely understand where you are coming from.

It's kind of a double-edged sword I think. On one hand, the type of posts I mentioned of above should be left in the 07 Sedan section since it only applies to that vehicle...........however on the other hand, it could prove useful that they be moved to other sections as it will help the future G37 owners. Hmmmm.
I'm on your side either way Shane but if you decide to make more moves do us all a favor and don't leave the links behind. This topic is getting old fast, and the links really seem to spark controversy.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Red Card Crew

AFAIK I'm the only one that suggested moving w/o the redirects. Was this particular issue more widespread than I've seen?

I'm on your side either way Shane but if you decide to make more moves do us all a favor and don't leave the links behind. This topic is getting old fast, and the links really seem to spark controversy.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:31 PM
AFAIK I'm the only one that suggested moving w/o the redirects. Was this particular issue more widespread than I've seen?
I'm pretty sure other members have commented on them and it seems they just draw constant attention to the negative side of the moves.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Red Card Crew

I'm just a bit unclear about how much controversy the redirects are actually causing. As my post regarding them (just under this thread) garnered a whooping 1 reply in 1-2 days.

I'm pretty sure other members have commented on them and it seems they just draw constant attention to the negative side of the moves.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Jeff, the complaints are buried within the replies to the numberous whining threads posted previously. I personally think the redirects should be eliminated altogether like alot of other people because they add more clutter

Old 04-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Red Card Crew

Thanks. But I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know if those types of threads are supposed to be in this section but aren't. I saw most of these issues being discussed in OT, so I posted my thread there. I didn't particularly see any redirect complaints specifically though. Just complaints about threads being moved.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:15 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
I understand that's the reality of the situation. But if one is a mod of a particular section, then why couldn't one of at least 7 mods take a patrol of their respective section once in let's say 3 days?

Here is the list of moderators for that section:
Garnet Canuck, SPEEED, trey.hutcheson, Pratik, picus112, Canadian, aHero4Eternity

Seems to me that 3 out of the 7 have or have a 07 in their households?

+1 nothing gets moved in that forum cuz half the mods have an 07...should be no different then any other section if you ask me but that's not the case...
-GP-

Old 04-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
+1 nothing gets moved in that forum cuz half the mods have an 07...should be no different then any other section if you ask me but that's not the case...
-GP-
First of all, your statement of "nothing" gets moved is completely false. Second, I've have already explained why some posts remain. If you have a problem with it, feel free to PM me. Oh, and half the Mods don't have 07 Sedans, only two of us do. Get your facts straight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Inconsistent? coupe and earlier sedans threads get moved like water vs.