G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Ban for all illegal product sales

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kuneff
I don't give a Fvck where my projectors came from. I work hard to make that $200 to buy them off ebay. I will miss the post from the banned member. I liked his avatar.

If I am in anyway immoral or unethical because I bought my projectors off ebay then shot me. I work hard for what I have, and I would have had to have my head examined to go to a dealership and pay $2k for new lights when I could buy them off ebay for $200. Its not a rare exotic car or collector car, whats it matter if the lights are a lil too bright...
It's the principle of the matter. If you don't know or even think they're stolen, then "ethically," you're scott-free. However, if you buy them knowing that they're stolen goods, that's a whole different story.

To make it a little closer to home, think about all the whackos and crackheads out there stealing every new GSXR they can get their hands on... why, you ask? So they can go sell them on ebay to all the people who work hard for there money, and they cut a tidy profit. They make money, the buyer pays less, cool yea? Except for the dude who's out a nice new gix.

Note: This situation is a little different, in that the parts are being disposed of anyway, rather than stealing them from someone who would actually make use of them. However, there is still the contractual obligation of the dealerships to destroy the headlights, not sell them for personal gain.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UnluckyCharms
It's the principle of the matter. If you don't know or even think they're stolen, then "ethically," you're scott-free. However, if you buy them knowing that they're stolen goods, that's a whole different story.

To make it a little closer to home, think about all the whackos and crackheads out there stealing every new GSXR they can get their hands on... why, you ask? So they can go sell them on ebay to all the people who work hard for there money, and they cut a tidy profit. They make money, the buyer pays less, cool yea? Except for the dude who's out a nice new gix.

Note: This situation is a little different, in that the parts are being disposed of anyway, rather than stealing them from someone who would actually make use of them. However, there is still the contractual obligation of the dealerships to destroy the headlights, not sell them for personal gain.
You hit it exactly on the head. Do you guys turn your head and buy anything even if the price seems to good to be true? I really hope not, or else this place would become a feeding ground for scammers and thieves. Just because there is no "victim" doesn't make it right by any means

Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
You hit it exactly on the head. Do you guys turn your head and buy anything even if the price seems to good to be true? I really hope not, or else this place would become a feeding ground for scammers and thieves. Just because there is no "victim" doesn't make it right by any means

And its NOT already??????

Look at the posts... NY guy scammin with stolen CC's, This member scammed me, That member lied and sold me 4 wheels bent into squares... People are scammin others left and right. Does that make it right??? HE!L NO, but its the way our society is headed.

I actually had my pics from an ebay auction coppied and some scum listed it and sold it like 3 more times off my pics... How do you stop someone like that. These people were buying this $14k Yamaha Rhino for $4k - $5k... obviously thats too good to be true.. That is a bull$hit scam...

As far as the lights go.... seriously.... It falls back on the dealers... They were ordered to drill them so they could not be used... If they dont then they should be fined... If people are stealing them out of the dumpster... MORE power to them. If its in the trash its trash..... Can I have the guy arrested that drives thru my neighborhood every trash night and takes what he can salvage and resale??????? Heck no... I could care less. At least he is working on something....

Old 11-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this mean I can sell my 06 headlight on here? The headlight is from my 06 coupe. I'm want to sell it because I bought a mooded set from old_s13.

BTW, I did the recall, and the headlight was brighter than before.

Last edited by G35IP; 11-14-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Sure would be nice to have a buyer feedback section. Right?

Old 11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
And its NOT already??????

Look at the posts... NY guy scammin with stolen CC's, This member scammed me, That member lied and sold me 4 wheels bent into squares... People are scammin others left and right. Does that make it right??? HE!L NO, but its the way our society is headed.
Should we let those members stick around then? Why have itrader at all then, if you get scammed and don't recieve any products for your money, then too bad, the other guy just made some easy money, and we should all turn our heads.

I actually had my pics from an ebay auction coppied and some scum listed it and sold it like 3 more times off my pics... How do you stop someone like that. These people were buying this $14k Yamaha Rhino for $4k - $5k... obviously thats too good to be true.. That is a bull$hit scam...
Why bull$hit according to your logic? According to you, its a free society, and people should be able to go as low as they want to get $. I would like to think otherwise, but I guess not so for you.

As far as the lights go.... seriously.... It falls back on the dealers... They were ordered to drill them so they could not be used... If they dont then they should be fined... If people are stealing them out of the dumpster... MORE power to them. If its in the trash its trash..... Can I have the guy arrested that drives thru my neighborhood every trash night and takes what he can salvage and resale??????? Heck no... I could care less. At least he is working on something....
Dumpster diving is illegal in many states, and this isn't even the way the majority of the headlights are obtained. Techs/workers are stealing them from the dealership without drilling them first with/without the management's approval and selling them for pure profit. At no time do they belong to the dealerships however, and are the property of Infiniti.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
This thread isn't getting ANYWHERE.

The purpose of the ban of projector headlights sales is due to legality issues. As members here, you would not feel the full effects of the repercussions of sellings illegal headlights. Kyle, on the other hand, could potentially be in a lot of trouble for allowing the traffic of illegal sales on his forum. As a result, all projector sales are banned.

Fact - The headlights were not recalled because they are/were "too bright."

Fact - The light bulbs are exactly the same. Neither is brighter than the other.

Judging from experience and the amount of negative feedback on this forum, most dealers have no credibility and just spit at you whatever come to their minds first.

As Hai has already mentioned, no one is going to purchase these headlights as MSRP and sell them for as low as $150. Logically, it makes no sense. And don't try to tell me that people aren't logical.

The issue here does not regard ethics/morality, so let's not get into that. The issue here is that the traffic of illegal products is not legally safe for the owner of this site.

Whether you know it or not, there are members on this forum from Infiniti Corporate.

Just as we do no promote illegal street racing, we will not promote the sale of illegal headlights. We will not even take the slightest chance. Things are a little different when you look at them from a business owner's perspective.

As far as the lights go.... seriously.... It falls back on the dealers... They were ordered to drill them so they could not be used... If they dont then they should be fined... If its in the trash its trash..... Can I have the guy arrested that drives thru my neighborhood every trash night and takes what he can salvage and resale??????? Heck no... I could care less. At least he is working on something....
So regardless of if something is unethical, immoral, or illegal, we should let it happen, anyway? Just because we can't stop everyone doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to stop as many people as possible.

If people are stealing them out of the dumpster... MORE power to them.
Exactly, they are stealing them from dumpsters. I don't think people seem to understand that these headlights are still property of Infiniti. So if someone were to steal your car, then you'd say more power to him/her? In both situations, the item in question still belongs to someone. Headlights --> Infiniti; Your car --> You.

Last edited by Calvin; 11-14-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
fact- Joker was told his headlights were recalled
fact- they lied, he doesnt have projectors
fact- pretty funny...
fact- in before the lock!

Old 11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
I get the last word!