G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

I noticed I have no suscribed threads!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I reviewed the rules and I didn't see anything stating problems with our profiles should be directly forwarded to a Mod/Admin:
https://g35driver.com/forums/announcement.php?f=10&a=6

Since there isn't a section specifcally designated "what happened to my personal settings as I never messed with them" section, I figured FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS would be the most appropiate area to post such a question.

And since I would guess (wrong I gather) that at least one admin would browse the section for feedback/suggestions maybe once a day, I figured it would have been addressed in less than 5 days.

But I appreciate the comment:

Man up, if you lost them..... you lost them bro
That's the kind of indepth investigation that warms my cockles man

If I actually made the mistake(s) required accidently delete them on my own, I would "MAN UP" and accept it. But I don't think I did. So I conclude that some friendly mod/admin thought it was a good idea to dig into my control panel and delete all my suscribed threads. Either by accident or not. Why? Because deleting all suscribed threads falls into the same scroll down window as banning. And it requires only one action (vs two actions by normal member). So I'll say it again, if it was an accident, fine. If it was on purpose, thanks.

Originally Posted by O NO
What kind of reply are you looking for
I'm babysitting too many peeps already.

A PM to an admin would of gotten you a response not a post up in a public forum as most of the mods/admins don't hit all the fourms. I happened to hear some whinning coming out of here so I dropped in.

Sorry for your loss.
Man up, if you lost them..... you lost them bro.

If they pop up in the lost and found I'll get 'em to ya.

..... and the hits keep rollin in.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 12-17-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I reviewed the rules and I didn't see anything stating problems with our profiles should be directly forwarded to a Mod/Admin:
https://g35driver.com/forums/announcement.php?f=10&a=6

Since there isn't a section specifcally designated "what happened to my personal settings as I never messed with them" section, I figured FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS would be the most appropiate area to post such a question.

And since I would guess (wrong I gather) that at least one admin would browse the section for feedback/suggestions maybe once a day, I figured it would have been addressed in less than 5 days.

But I appreciate the comment:

That's the kind of indepth investigation that warms my cockles man

If I actually made the mistake(s) required accidently delete them on my own, I would "MAN UP" and accept it. But I don't think I did. So I conclude that some friendly mod/admin thought it was a good idea to dig into my control panel and delete all my suscribed threads. Either by accident or not. Why? Because deleting all suscribed threads falls into the same scroll down window as banning. And it requires only one action (vs two actions by normal member). So I'll say it again, if it was an accident, fine. If it was on purpose, thanks.
Now that I'm subscribed to this thread and I do have sometime @ the moment I can make a timely response.

Many assumptions on your part Jeff. One needs to learn to not assume what you don't know.

I reviewed the rules and I didn't see anything stating problems with our profiles
Why rules, no rules needed, it's common sense.

Why would you need a forum for a specific problem with your profile
A PM to the staff works all the time and if that particular member of the staff you PM'd can't get a resolution to your querry then it gets passed up the food chain or gets discussed in the mod/admin forum.

The Man Up commment was not directed at you with the possibilty of you deleting anything. It was more direct in that they are not there and fahgetaboutit, no use in crying over spilled milk etc.

Why? Because deleting all suscribed threads falls into the same scroll down window as banning.
An assumption that is not true. The admin cp doesn't work like that at all. The area that you are talking about has no provision for banning, it sits in a totally different area.

Another assumption on your part. We do have a life outside of the driver forum and are responding to other users who are PM'ing us with questions/issues etc.
Sorry if none of the staff was jumping through hoops to get to your personal problem. Come to think of it I'm wondering why too.... ummmm.
Guess they are all out spreading Xmas Cheer.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Why rules, no rules needed, it's common sense.
Actually IMHO, it's not. I really see no diff inbetween asking here vs a PM. Actually if the problem is at all common, it would be best to address it here.

Why would you need a forum for a specific problem with your profile
A PM to the staff works all the time and if that particular member of the staff you PM'd can't get a resolution to your querry then it gets passed up the food chain or gets discussed in the mod/admin forum.
As can a feedback question. I also don't know if this question could be handled by only a mod. Hence the question being posted here

The Man Up commment was not directed at you with the possibilty of you deleting anything. It was more direct in that they are not there and fahgetaboutit, no use in crying over spilled milk etc.
Correct. but it served as my personal "stickies". Since the stickies in the sedan section mainly consisted of posting pictures, I had to go around and suscribe threads on my own to make my own. Not only for my reference but to address repeated sedan related questions when the arise in that section.

An assumption that is not true. The admin cp doesn't work like that at all. The area that you are talking about has no provision for banning, it sits in a totally different area.
I wrote "I assume" because of course I can't know 100% for THIS forum board. But because this is Vbulletin and because maxima.org is Vbulletin, I ASSUMED them to be similar. Reason for assumption? Well for one your own moderator Christian states "well since you're as familar with Vbulletin as any of us..........".

I know what you are talkng about. The ban user is on the far left hand side and you normally have to scroll down, click ban user and insert the name.

But if you go into a thread, click on a user's profile, click "user options", log in as admin, you will be shown the user's profile.

Right above that user's profile is a "Quick user Links" box. Hitting the arrow down, will show you a list of specific user actions including banning, deleting user PMs and deleting subscriptions.

Another assumption on your part. We do have a life outside of the driver forum and are responding to other users who are PM'ing us with questions/issues etc.
Again, if that was the standard way, I haven't really seen it stated.

Sorry if none of the staff was jumping through hoops to get to your personal problem. Come to think of it I'm wondering why too.... ummmm.
Never DEMANDED any hoop jumping but if 5 days is considered hoop jumping, so be it. I thought that's more than enough time.

The other thing is your busy schedule. I saw you digging around in the CP to check to see if what I posted was true or not. Fair enough. But if your schedule is that tight, wouldn't it be better just to answer the original question?

I conclude.
1) They are gone and cannot be retreived. At least that's what the vBulliten says if you choose that.
2)No one knows what happened or why it happened.

I'll live, maybe.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of reply are you looking for
I'm babysitting too many peeps already.

A PM to an admin would of gotten you a response not a post up in a public forum as most of the mods/admins don't hit all the fourms. I happened to hear some whinning coming out of here so I dropped in.Sorry for your loss.
Man up, if you lost them..... you lost them bro.

If they pop up in the lost and found I'll get 'em to ya.

..... and the hits keep rollin in.
Guess they are all out spreading Xmas Cheer.
LMAo
Oh great one, your too funny.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Red Card Crew

If you ride his sack any higher, you might dissapear into the great taint

Originally Posted by NonAme
LMAo
Oh great one, your too funny.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I "know" someone who was banned on maxima.org. When they were banned, they lost 5+ years of subscribed threads due to a glitch in the vbulletin ware.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:11 PM
^^ Who was it? Did Jeff ban them?

Old 01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
^^ Who was it? Did Jeff ban them?
That's what I was thinking.
Who was it Phil, and were you the person that got the axe?

Old 01-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Red Card Crew

There are probably 10-15 mods on .org. Exactly why would this one ban be assigned to me?

Unless I can control the matrix

But tell you what, consider someone just DID wander into my control panel and screwed with my sig, my theory just got alot better. As explained but probably went right past ya

Originally Posted by GEE35X
That's what I was thinking.
Who was it Phil?

Last edited by Jeff92se; 01-16-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:41 PM
There are probably 10-15 mods on .org. Exactly why would this one ban be assigned to me?

Unless I can control the matrix

But tell you what, consider someone just DID wander into my control panel and screwed with my sig, my theory just got alot better. As explained but probably went right past ya
Why are you stealing my avatar pic? I'm just a super mod.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Red Card Crew

Tell the powers at be to restore my sig.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
LOL, Jeff, at least your new sig is not irritating like your bug sig.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
That's not going to happen, read the signature/avatar rules announcement.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by GEE35X
LOL, Jeff, at least your new sig is not irritating like your bug sig.
I didn't know irraitating was a reason to edit someone's profile w/o notice.

Ie... in this thread, I was asked why a mod/admin wasn't notified. Well no one 'notified' me of this latest change.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by ChristianN
That's not going to happen, read the signature/avatar rules announcement.
Then they should make it so it cannot be done. Yes?

And since my profile has been dinged at least twice now, I can see how my suscribed threads could have accidently been "deleted" also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I noticed I have no suscribed threads!