G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Still waiting...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Still waiting...

I had not had a bit of trouble out of the site for the last 4-5 days, so I was just about to pull the trigger on re-upping my Premier membership for the third time.

Then today, the site won't even load.....

Old 05-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The site tends to not load at least a couple hours every day or two for me, it really is horribly annoying.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I've noticed I'm not the only one that has decided not to renew... it’s a shame they can’t get this fixed -

Old 06-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
The site has had its issues the last 24 hours. Believe it or not (for the skeptics), there will be an upgrade to the server within the next two weeks. It will happen... I definately understand how you guys feel about it. Just be a little more patient, IB is working on it.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yay!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
The site has had its issues the last 24 hours. Believe it or not (for the skeptics), there will be an upgrade to the server within the next two weeks. It will happen... I definately understand how you guys feel about it. Just be a little more patient, IB is working on it.

Henry, the site has had issues for 8 months - not just the last 24 hours... we've been hearing/reading the "fix soon" thing for many months... The funny thing is multiple "staff" has made it clear its not a server issue... however the supposed save all is a new server.

I think it's best just to let us vent in these threads... if/when it ever gets fixed these posts will go away.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Mike, im pretty aware its been going on for about 8 months. We are all frustrated.

I have hope IB will take care of all of this soon, as they have stated to the staff.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:23 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
Henry, the site has had issues for 8 months - not just the last 24 hours... we've been hearing/reading the "fix soon" thing for many months... The funny thing is multiple "staff" has made it clear its not a server issue... however the supposed save all is a new server.

I think it's best just to let us vent in these threads... if/when it ever gets fixed these posts will go away.
I'm guessing it really isn't a hardware issue, honestly from my experience hardware issues are the easiest to fix. You know what works and what doesn't. Software issues can be a PITA, cuz you gotta track it down, find the fix, etc. etc. etc. Another thing I've experienced is that if you're not on the latest version (or a fairly current version of their software) they're not much help in fixing the problems.

I'm still going to be here, will still be a PM for at least another year (renew l8r this month) and will enjoy the various members, posts, and knowledge here.

My .02

Old 06-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Mike, im pretty aware its been going on for about 8 months. We are all frustrated.

I have hope IB will take care of all of this soon, as they have stated to the staff.

shoulda said 8 months instead of 24 hours... your post made it seem like its a recent issue.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I've noticed I'm not the only one that has decided not to renew... it’s a shame they can’t get this fixed -
you're not the only one Mike. My membership expired a couple days ago and i'm pretty reluctant to renew it... its a damn shame.
-GP-

Old 06-03-2008, 11:50 PM
There will not be any server hardware upgrades, nor changes to increase bandwidth. The server the site is on is brand new, but they are migrating it off of GodZilla's servers to the IB network. The issues are software related. After IB has moved the site onto their servers, their support team will address the software/database issues and probably upgrade the site to the latest version of vBulletin.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
So this site has diff software than the other sites GodZilla sold to IB? Because those sites haven't had the problems this one has.
Hell, I browse my350z forums while I wait for my replies to load on this one. hehe

Old 06-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
So this site has diff software than the other sites GodZilla sold to IB? Because those sites haven't had the problems this one has.
Hell, I browse my350z forums while I wait for my replies to load on this one. hehe
lol me too

Old 06-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
They're both running vBulletin, but they have separate databases, their styles are implemented differently, and none of the OS files are linked.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by kernel843
I'm guessing it really isn't a hardware issue, honestly from my experience hardware issues are the easiest to fix. You know what works and what doesn't. Software issues can be a PITA, cuz you gotta track it down, find the fix, etc. etc. etc.......
Thank you, I've been posting that for the longest time.
Atleast ONE person reads my posts regarding this.

Originally Posted by kernel843
.... Another thing I've experienced is that if you're not on the latest version (or a fairly current version of their software) they're not much help in fixing the problems.
My .02
Orly, interesting. j/k

Just between u and me kernel and no one else please.
Everyone else don't read the next sentence.

IB owns VB, we'll be just fine. They have assured me they have the personel to fix the ills.

To kernel and all the others ..... the move IS taking place this week and the VB upgrade will follow shortly. Alot of things had to be in place to start this and they all have been done. We probably wont' see anything different because this is all backend stuff. I have seen some stuff that has been done on the backend so it is getting close. As I was told just hang in there, it is coming.

Thanks for your support kernel.

FYI, there is forum support for older versions of VB. Very helpfull too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Still waiting...