G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

When will it end????!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
When will it end????!!!!

GEEEEEZZZZZUUUSSSSSSS

When is this slug @ss crap gonna end??? I did an internet speed test and I’m running at 9668 kbs

What in the hell is the reason for the loooonnnngggg load time here? I thought we were past this…

Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
I've been running fine the whole day

Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trey was saying it was dragging *** about 2 hours ago It was fine for me all day on the same internet connection and computer. A few minutes of slow is not uncommon though - we are just here more often than other sites LOL

Old 08-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
GEEEEEZZZZZUUUSSSSSSS

When is this slug @ss crap gonna end??? I did an internet speed test and I’m running at 9668 kbs

What in the hell is the reason for the loooonnnngggg load time here? I thought we were past this…
Dude, there was some maintenance going on in the back end that slowed the server down for a few minutes this afternoon......get over it. Why is it that you are always the first member to cry wolf when the server slows down for a few minutes? And don't tell me it was slow for any more than a minute or two because I've been on continuously all day.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seem to notice that at 0200 EST it always slows down for a few minutes... Not complaining just observing. Pretty soon I'll be back in school and never have the opportunity to use Driver at these hours.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:28 AM
My horns hold up my halo
The report from Trey was about 30 minutes but still nothing major in the grand scheme of things.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Dude, there was some maintenance going on in the back end that slowed the server down for a few minutes this afternoon......get over it. Why is it that you are always the first member to cry wolf when the server slows down for a few minutes? And don't tell me it was slow for any more than a minute or two because I've been on continuously all day.
"Cry Wolf" what a joke! I AM telling you it was FAR more than a minute or two!

There have been many times that it has been slow and I havent mentioned it at all... I get frustrated as hell when it continues and chose to use this area to say so.

So how about you get over it.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by trey's wife
The report from Trey was about 30 minutes but still nothing major in the grand scheme of things.
funny how I'm not the only one that noticed - but since 'm the only one that mentions it I get discredited.

The only thing more frustrating than the slowness is the responses I get from some of the ppl here.

The reason I was so miffed was because I had drafted an info post (the one that Trey responded to) for no other reason than to benefit users here... I had business to tend to but had to bang my head against the wall while this site crept along...

I've heard for nearly a year about how this will be fixed. It happens so damn often I cant fathom how a handful of people act like its normal - it absolutely is not.

*this isnt a rant at you Cheryl, just my frustration in general...

Old 08-02-2008, 11:09 AM
My horns hold up my halo
It's OK, you can rant at me - I'm used to it. LOL

The thing is that I was on the site for quite a while yesterday afternoon and never even had a hiccup. There was a moment earlier this morning that was a little slow and it was literally a moment. All sites have these times everyday. The length of the hiccup varies of course so it's not as likely that you will hit them during those times. Most "regulars" here browse the site quite a bit during the day so it stands to reason you are more likely to hit it when there is a hiccup.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have notcied a slow down as well. the last few weeks have been flawless but the past few days it seems to be acting up again.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by trey's wife
It's OK, you can rant at me - I'm used to it. LOL

The thing is that I was on the site for quite a while yesterday afternoon and never even had a hiccup. There was a moment earlier this morning that was a little slow and it was literally a moment. All sites have these times everyday. The length of the hiccup varies of course so it's not as likely that you will hit them during those times. Most "regulars" here browse the site quite a bit during the day so it stands to reason you are more likely to hit it when there is a hiccup.
Understood... however, I browse many sites... I used several daily for business... and I'm on many G sites... none has this sites problems. Not to mentioned that for yrs there weren’t these kinds of problems here. You would think after being down for a week or 2 straight - we could get at least several months of quality - I guess my expectations are higher than some of the G35Driver personnel... I guess I need to learn that mediocrity (and sometimes less) is status quo for some and I need to lower my standards to fit in.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
I have notcied a slow down as well. the last few weeks have been flawless but the past few days it seems to be acting up again.
careful, you might be on the KGB hit list for mentioning it... they like ppl to zip it and pretend like nothing is happening (if you get my drift)...

Old 08-02-2008, 02:55 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by OCG35
Understood... however, I browse many sites... I used several daily for business... and I'm on many G sites... none has this sites problems. Not to mentioned that for yrs there weren’t these kinds of problems here. You would think after being down for a week or 2 straight - we could get at least several months of quality - I guess my expectations are higher than some of the G35Driver personnel... I guess I need to learn that mediocrity (and sometimes less) is status quo for some and I need to lower my standards to fit in.
No, my standards aren't lower. I have just lived with Trey long enough to know that computers do weird **** for no apparent reason ALL THE TIME and that is just the way it is. Add in the internet and multiple connections, etc and it gets even worse.

It's not a lower standard - it's an understanding that some things are just going to happen at times. Plus, it's just the internet and I really try very hard not to take it that seriously.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
When Driver's slow....?

When I realize that Driver is in it's SLOW mode, I just do something else....delete....delete! NBFD