G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Premier Membership Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
even if you don't care about AG section you should still be supportive of the site
I do. But not monetarily anymore... did for a few years until the site got fubar'd and the response I got from mods and admins was far less than acceptable for me.

I think contributing to the forums and spending $$$$ with the vendors that are here is enough "support" IMO.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:08 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
some people might be thinking differently and unfortunately Driver has no tools to utilize those people to their advantage.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Joker,

We will be discussing this more thoroughly with the rest of the staff. You have some good ideas.

Originally Posted by MixturePinoy
premier membership is over-rated. I can't believe i paid for 2 years
When I wasn't staff, I didn't pay premier membership to get anything in return. I payed to support the site. Getting something in return, though it wasn't much, was just a "bonus" for me.

I agree that premier members should be getting a little more for their contributions, but at least for me, I wasn't doing it for getting something in return.

I do hope we can get some more benefits toward premier members for their extra contributions (money-wise) because it is only fair...

Old 01-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Joker,

We will be discussing this more thoroughly with the rest of the staff. You have some good ideas.

When I wasn't staff, I didn't pay premier membership to get anything in return. I payed to support the site. Getting something in return, though it wasn't much, was just a "bonus" for me.

I agree that premier members should be getting a little more for their contributions, but at least for me, I wasn't doing it for getting something in return.

I do hope we can get some more benefits toward premier members for their extra contributions (money-wise) because it is only fair...
That's what I meant, I felt like we support it well, but they ended up screwing over a lot of people (meaning IB to St@**). I support g35driver.com... IB is a different story. my 2 centavos

Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MixturePinoy
That's what I meant, I felt like we support it well, but they ended up screwing over a lot of people (meaning IB to St@**). I support g35driver.com... IB is a different story. my 2 centavos
"Screwing over" in what way? It really explicitly states the [few] benefits of premier membership when you're about to purchase it.

Anyhow, in general I agree that premier membership should get a little more benefits. But as you know, now, its not only up to staff anymore.

We will update you guys as soon as theres a decision made (if any) as soon as possible.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Banned
There were countless threads about it already during the "buy out" No sense in turning this one into another, I apologize for feeding fuel to the flames. . .

Back on topic:

I also agree that as premier members you should receive a bit more. A bit more recognition that is. Recognition for donating funds to make the forum a lot better. But everyone should be equal. This tiered premier status is too union-like. and again, this is only my opinion. take it with a grain of salt. unions suck

Old 01-27-2009, 03:33 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Joker,

I keep telling you guys that you need me on the blue team

glad I could contribute.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
good ideas Joker
glad you're postin' up for us

if anything, at least start the giveaways again, i never got a taste of that

Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
^I did win once

OP EDITED!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Good ideas...I like the premier members car idea the most...hate looking at those old azz pics when I get to this site...

Old 01-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by HomieG35
I see no issue with a tiered membership. I just want to refute Pinoy because they have this over on the Ferrari forums (donator level, Silver, and Rossa)... and only range from about <$20(dntr), $20(slvr), $60(rssa) a year, with option of subscribing up to 5 years (and the rates get better the more years you buy). Not saying these are the prices we should use at all, just throwing their stats out there for an example.

Even on their level, its not like $60 a year is anything "elite" no member is better then the other. Anyone could afford that, it just shows how much you are committed. We all have mixed veiws about G35Driver- as you can see here, and someone being "higher up" on the teir just means that they may enjoy and want to support the forum more than you... practically the same thing we already have going on... just with one lvl.

And like I said before, if anything does get revised and I pay, or donate to a certain level I atleast want to have the CHANCE to receive something in return (ie., the monthly giveaways would HAVE to be brought back). Technically all I did was pay the money for a picture by my name... I could care less about the AG section or the PM increase... this could possibly be the "donator" level for anyone who just wants to give $5, $10, or $15 bucks and also have a "donator" tag put where the "prem member" tag is now. Once they donate over $20 they become the next level up and get the picture, the PM's, a new tag, ability to edit whats by their name. The next level... etc...etc...etc...etc...
Exactly. the money should go to maintaining and improving the site. I'd actually get a bigger reward by just having fun on the site with the people on it, and the interface.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:49 PM
^I did win once

OP EDITED!
I won three times - clear corners once, $50 gift card once and $100 once... I asked Kyle to keep the $100 (donated to the site)... I wish I had kept the damn money because the site went to **** after that - and so did the explanation (or lack of) and the attitude of those responding.

But the bitterness has past - although I won’t give any money.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:07 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
I understand your frustration but it's not like you were promised anything!

You made a choice of donating $100 to the forum and you should be proud of it.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:51 PM
I understand your frustration but it's not like you were promised anything!

You made a choice of donating $100 to the forum and you should be proud of it.
I didn’t think a functional website and a staff of reasonable personnel is something that would have required a "promise"... but I suppose since I wasn’t "promised" anything, I should have accepted the debacle

You can stop now Joker - as much as I know you love to squabble. There isn’t anything you are going to say in this case that will make sense as it pertains to my view of Premier Membership... walk your way and I'll walk mine… word of advice, let people have their opinion and stop trying to discredit them. No one is debating your choice to pay for nothing – so don’t debate our choice not to.

BTW, it’s not a complaint genius - it’s an observation, and experienced opinion of the thread topic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Premier Membership Upgrade