G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

The new G35Driver.com- Are you charging?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

it feels like home now.. much better layout..

what i don't like is the idea of paying to be a premium member to post classifieds. I don't think other boards have that.. they're free..

if you're worried about fraud posters on the classfieds i think maybe you could make newbies as a trial user so that they can only do the basics not post classfieds. once they have a certain amount of posts they can post classifieds.

IMO i think that would be best instead of paying to post classifieds.

Old 12-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=GeoBau]Those who contributed will be receiving an upgrade. Whether it was a dollar or twenty, you answered the call and helped make this upgrade possible.

Now see....that seems fair!
I tried to help out last time the site needed it by contributing to the PayPal account.
The knowledge and help I have received here was worth thousands of times more!
Thanks Admin.

Old 12-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by accordfreak
it feels like home now.. much better layout..

what i don't like is the idea of paying to be a premium member to post classifieds. I don't think other boards have that.. they're free..

if you're worried about fraud posters on the classfieds i think maybe you could make newbies as a trial user so that they can only do the basics not post classfieds. once they have a certain amount of posts they can post classifieds.

IMO i think that would be best instead of paying to post classifieds.
On Fresh Alloy you CANNOT post GROUP BUYS so it's give and take. Each forum has it's plus' and minus'. Also, Roadfly's E46-M3 forum has both pay and free memberships. That message board is THRIVING. The thing this board should do is make the users names who pay for premium memberships show up differently. Roadfly uses a copyright symbol and the number of months the person has been a premium member "raised to the power" above the copyright symbol. It's kind of cool and lets others know who is "here to stay".

I am SUPER HAPPY that the moderators of this forum are looking to "break even" and not rip people off. On Fresh Alloy, the Grubbs people recently said that if they didn't make a profit off of their website, that they would shut it down. I will never buy a product Grubbs sells for making comments like that. However, I'm now trying to find a product that Strictly Z sells just to support them.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:15 PM
have larger upload capacities, etc
I don't think it's a good idea to move large attachment capacities for premium users only. I think the people who need large attachments the most are those who are posting helpful DIYs with diagrams and pictures, and such users should not need to pay a premium to be able to do their fine work!

The site looks fantastic, great job!

Old 02-19-2005, 02:50 PM
I see that the non-paying members also get their threads deleted when questioning the new pay structure.

Since I cannot post a new thread about without it being deleted, I will post my feelings on the matter here, or is that against the free-member policy?

Having to pay for classifieds is total b.s. There are plenty of ways around fraud that you could do besides extorting your members for a $30 fee. There are forum feedback rating sites, take a look at those.

Like I said in my origional thread, you have 3 rotating banner ads + 4 Google ads. That advertising alone should pay for the site. If it isnt, you need to charge more, simple as that.

It is rediculous to have to charge members to use the classifieds. I have never been to ANY forum where they charged for that.

Like I said before, you have lost me as a member, and also any recruits that I may have brought to the site.

Old 02-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mysubaruimp
I see that the non-paying members also get their threads deleted when questioning the new pay structure.

Since I cannot post a new thread about without it being deleted, I will post my feelings on the matter here, or is that against the free-member policy?

Having to pay for classifieds is total b.s. There are plenty of ways around fraud that you could do besides extorting your members for a $30 fee. There are forum feedback rating sites, take a look at those.

Like I said in my origional thread, you have 3 rotating banner ads + 4 Google ads. That advertising alone should pay for the site. If it isnt, you need to charge more, simple as that.

It is rediculous to have to charge members to use the classifieds. I have never been to ANY forum where they charged for that.

Like I said before, you have lost me as a member, and also any recruits that I may have brought to the site.

Dont you have your G for sale in the classifieds?
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44660

Give me a break for someone that seems to be getting out of the G your pissed because now you may have to pay something in order to help you sell your car or whatever parts.

"That advertising alone should pay for the site. If it isnt, you need to charge more, simple as that."
Yes I could charge a higher price for advertising but guess what if I did that we probably wouldnt get any sponsors.

Last edited by GodZilla; 02-19-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:28 PM
I do have my G for sale in the classifieds. What is not to say once I get out to Cali that I wont pick up another one. I love my G, but not enough to have it shipped out, the $$$ isnt worth it, plus I really want a black one.
I have no faith that my car will sell here. Forums arent really the place to put them for sale, most of the people here already have one or are in the process of getting one, but I can get feedback on pricing if I am way to high or way too low.

I do know what goes into making a forum work, trust me. I know it is a ton of work, but making members pay to get into the classifieds is wrong. You can have a premier membership, thats cool, I understand that. The premier member can have a little title under his/her name and get certain benefits, like larger upload or an avatar or other cool stuff. Limiting access to classifieds is not the way to go.

You mentioned that you wanted the classifieds under premier members so you could combat fraud. I believe that the comment was just a mask over your true intentions. You know as well as I do that there are plenty of other ways to go about it.

Old 02-19-2005, 04:53 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I do have my G for sale in the classifieds. What is not to say once I get out to Cali that I wont pick up another one. I love my G, but not enough to have it shipped out, the $$$ isnt worth it, plus I really want a black one.
I have no faith that my car will sell here. Forums arent really the place to put them for sale, most of the people here already have one or are in the process of getting one, but I can get feedback on pricing if I am way to high or way too low.

I do know what goes into making a forum work, trust me. I know it is a ton of work, but making members pay to get into the classifieds is wrong. You can have a premier membership, thats cool, I understand that. The premier member can have a little title under his/her name and get certain benefits, like larger upload or an avatar or other cool stuff. Limiting access to classifieds is not the way to go.

You mentioned that you wanted the classifieds under premier members so you could combat fraud. I believe that the comment was just a mask over your true intentions. You know as well as I do that there are plenty of other ways to go about it.
Mysubaruimp,
You say you're not happy here for whatever reason, but you still keep coming back. hmmm. That tells me something.

If you can do better elsewhere, then go for it. No-one is holding a gun to your head here, and we wish you luck -- sincerely.

If you'd like to stay, then be a willing, happy participant in whatever capacity you choose.
We've explained our thinking to you and that's the deal, so take it and stay, or leave it and go, but please, your bickering is getting tiresome, and time-consuming.

If you stay, welcome aboard. but be happy.
If you go, best wishes.
In any case, thanks for the feedback.

GSM

Last edited by Msedanman; 02-19-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Mysubaruimp,
You say you're not happy here for whatever reason, but you still keep coming back. hmmm. That tells me something.
I have not posted in any threads beside this one. I am just trying to get answers and to respond to peoples questions about my reasoning. A one sided discussion is a little useless, no? This thread is here for discussion of the changes, no?

Originally Posted by gsedanman
We've explained our thinking to you and that's the deal...
No, you havent. No one has explained why the changes have been set like this. Even in the first post on this thread, it is all about "this is what weve done, it isnt set in stone yet, maybe we will change it, what do you think". There is no definitive, this is what we did and why. There is no explanation of anything.

Whatever, if you dont want to explain it, and cant justify your reasoning, feel free to delete my posts like before and I'm gone. If a little critiscm is all it takes, whatever. I wish you luck in your endeavors and hope your forum thrives.

Last edited by mysubaruimp; 02-19-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:27 PM
O.F. Administrator
I have not posted in any threads beside this one. I am just trying to get answers and to respond to peoples questions about my reasoning. A one sided discussion is a little useless, no? This thread is here for discussion of the changes, no?

No, you havent. No one has explained why the changes have been set like this. Even in the first post on this thread, it is all about "this is what weve done, it isnt set in stone yet, maybe we will change it, what do you think". There is no definitive, this is what we did and why. There is no explanation of anything.

Whatever, if you dont want to explain it, and cant justify your reasoning, feel free to delete my posts like before and I'm gone. If a little critiscm is all it takes, whatever. I wish you luck in your endeavors and hope your forum thrives.
Mysubaruimp,
As has been said, and is well known, if you'd stay and look around more, GodZilla has set it up this way and welcomes feedback.
You've contributed your feedback......We get your message.......
Now can we go on from here please......There are 16,406 other members who have something to say and need help.

Oh, and posts here get deleted or quarrantined if they contravene the Guidelines and Rules or if they are otherwise offensive, accusatory, or just plain nasty.
Have a look. The rules are not hard to find, and you may find the reason for your thread or post being deleted......
If you don't find the reason for it being moved or deleted, then perhaps it just 'evaporated'.......Those things happen on forums don't they?.........

Thanks for your time, but I must go on to the next issue.

Sorry we can't please you.

GSM

Last edited by Msedanman; 02-19-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:50 PM
I guess it just evaporated then. Good luck with your forum and I wish you luck.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:05 PM
O.F. Administrator
I guess it just evaporated then. Good luck with your forum and I wish you luck.
Thank you, and we wish you equal good luck. Sorry we couldn't see eye to eye.

From the Mods, Admins and members of G35Driver.com .

Old 02-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Premier Member

I dont know you so how can I trust you..

Anyone can view the classifieds.
To post yes they need to become a premier member.
If you think our goal is only to make money by requiring people to become premier members so they can post in the classifieds your WRONG!!!

The biggest problem on any major forum based site are the classified. Most people out to scam dont want any trace of them being found. They'll take your money and run. Yet if any money has to come from them they are more hesitant to run a scam. I'm not saying it will stop them but it does leave a good paper trail so to speak.

I know numerous amounts of people that have been scammed by people on forum sites that offer free classifieds and I'm not talking little amounts.

I do know what goes into making a forum work, trust me. I know it is a ton of work,
If you do know, then you know how frequently people get scammed on sites such as this. By making it one step harder makes a world of difference.

Obviously it sounds as if you dont care if members get scammed or you just dont know as much as you think you do.

Last edited by GodZilla; 02-19-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Premier Member

I guess it just evaporated then
Hmmm.would you like a little cheese? I mean with your whine? Good God man, you wish the site luck, yet you complain about coughing up a poxy $30?
I've posted it before, this site offers a wealth, a veritable goldmine of info. If you don't like it then please leave. You don't have to post, you don't have to do anything..go and find a similar site and make that your home.
Know about that cheese?.Vermont Cheddar or Gorgonzolla?

Adios Amigo.

BTW, I can post this because I'm not an admin or the owner of this site. What I would say is the admins/mods and especially the owner put all this info in your palm for zero cost, that's right zero cost and all their exhaustive hard work....and you want a free classified? Go & spend thirty bucks on one add in your local paper to sell your car.

Last edited by Britishbloke; 02-19-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Want to become premier member

Don't have paypal. Don't take plastic? I don't see that option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.