G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Post your questions about the new format...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post your questions about the new format...

Moderators,

I'm requesting that this thread become a sticky for a few weeks so that the "locals" can have an opportunity to post questions, (and hopefully get answers from moderators in the know) about the new board format.

FYI, a lot of people ONLY check out the main forum and I've noticed a few of the same questions being asked in various posts and various places.

I'll start with a few questions...

1. I like the way the old forum was set up, where it seemed to "remember me" and would tell me how many new posts have been made in each thread since my last visit. Is there a way for this new format to do this as well?

2. When will a decision be made as to what the new fee will be and what will be involved in the premium membership?

3. Where did my old sig picture go? My old posts are still referencing my "cool sig" made by another member of the forum, but my new posts are not referencing the link.

4. Why would you allow anyone to "Filter out" my very useful posts? I'm insulted...

5. Why is the format SO DARN wide? I'm on an old Sony Trinitron 17" monitor (at home) and have to scroll left and right just to read the threads. This is very much a PITA. Is there anything I can do to correct this issue?

6. After I enter a new post or a reply to a post, why does the background "shift" to the far right and the left side of the screen goes behind my "favorites" in MS Internet Explorer"?

TIA for any help!

-Neffster

Old 12-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
There is a section on the board to ask questions about the change (Site Feedback- front page, hard to miss), but I'll make you happy and leave this here for a day

As for your questions:

1) Working on it.

2) When we're able to get a read on the interest of users and sponsors, then find a breakeven for the site. I personally don't think it's acceptable to run the site at a net loss, which all comes out of Kyle's pocket.

3) Image tags are turned off in signatures for now. A lot of people had ridiculously large sigs, and we had countless complaints about them. This is the current quick-fix, but we're going to see if we can constrain the dimensions, and if so, they will most likely return. Until then, just understand we're working on it.

4) For reasons like this post

5) The site was designed in a different resolution than what you're using, so this was not an immediate concern, however it is one now, you whiner. The site is also image-based when it comes to width, so those are concrete. The old site depended on text-wrapping.

6) I've not experienced this. Perhaps if you turned off your favorites while browsing, it'd add a little for your width

G

Old 12-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Wink

Thank you for keeping this thread alive.

AND, I love this website! I'm just waiting to paypal my premium membership to the address provided (and no, don't post your paypal address everyone. I wasn't born yesterday)!!!

question #10256. And lastly, why is the closest time that I can set the clock about 23 minutes from EST?

Old 12-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Honestly?

Because we're messing with you.

...and Kyle has to fix the server time.

We'll have some stuff up re: premium membeships soon-- any by soon, I mean in like two weeks

G

Old 12-03-2004, 05:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have another suggestion.

For the DIY section, how about editing all the posts so that the images displayed in them are hosted by g35driver.com

I tried looking at them, and the pictures dont come out. People dont host images forever and DYI's work forever so... why not host pictures that will come in handy to others?

Old 12-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Neff said -
1. I like the way the old forum was set up, where it seemed to "remember me" and would tell me how many new posts have been made in each thread since my last visit. Is there a way for this new format to do this as well?

I want to second this request. This feature is REALLY nice and something I really enjoyed at the old site. It is really frustrating when I go to FA and I have to guess which threads have new posts in them since the last time I visited.

Thanks,
Prolix

Old 12-03-2004, 03:39 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
-I don't like the fact that I HAVE to subscribe to an entire thread to receive reponses back from people in a thread. I'd rather people REPLY to ME about things I say than receive a darn email every time someone adds a new post to a thread I replied in.

The rest of my gripes will be resolved as soon as the site of fully complete.

-Randy

Old 12-03-2004, 06:56 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The site Geo mentioned to register any complaints/observations is :

https://g35driver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Old 12-06-2004, 02:51 AM
i'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but what happened to the All feature. it's the button that was next to the numbers under the thread title if there were more than one page long. i really liked that feature because i could quickly look through the whole thread without having to click the next page. it would be nice to have that again.

looks like this:
Thread Title
(1 2 3 ... All )

instead of:
Thread Title
(1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Old 12-06-2004, 01:15 PM
what i want to know is when do we have the socal forum back???

Old 12-07-2004, 07:54 PM
I have a couple of more questions...

1) Is there a way to edit the Title of a new post that you make?

2) After you reply to a thread, Is there a way to choose whether you'd like to go back to the forum you were in or simply view your post like before?

3) I also miss the ALL feature

4) But most of all I really miss the feature that seemed to remember me. I loved knowing that there were 181 replies since my last visit to the Ducatiguy saga thread... I know Kyle is working on this, but is this feature DEFINITELY coming back?

5) Why is there a 1000 character limit on Private Messages? And if this has to be the case, why does the initial quote come up as a default? Is there a way to change this so that whenever I click the REPLY button it simply lets me reply?

Old 12-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Whew! My first post after my password was forgotten during the shutdown. I have several of the previously mentioned issues but will not re-hash. I just would like to say this is a great website and source for all G35 lovers. It is preposterous to think this wonderful place would operate at a net financial loss. I'll be the first to admit my naivete concerning the business of webhosting. I assumed much of the website ran itself. Someone supplies a computer with a 200 GB HD dedicated server, pay the $10 a month unlimited internet usage fee, and reboot it when it crashes. I'm sure I'm not the only user who sees hosting in this simplistic light. It would be informative to let the premium subscribers know what they are paying for. Everyone here already knows what they will be getting by subscribing, but those sitting on the fence may be more easily convinced to subscribe by hearing of some of the costs that are incurred, IMHO. Another thing, when people pay for a service they are no longer appreciative, but expectant of a service, a return on investment if you will. But as of today, I thank you for all your hard work, and I appreciate this great website. I sure have missed it the last month.....

Cheers.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:30 PM
I'll figure out everything in time, but I'm still looking for the "Rides." I know there were over 4 thousand "rides" to sift through and to reorganize, but patience is a virtue I guess. "Good things happen to those that wait."

2003-G35C-5AT Laser Red/Black/Prem/XM/Tint/Chrome 17's/Black Badged

Old 12-15-2004, 03:11 PM
they're here https://g35driver.com/gallery/showme.../500/password/
what i want to know is how to upload my pics there???
HEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOO

Old 12-15-2004, 03:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TINMAN
they're here https://g35driver.com/gallery/showme.../500/password/
what i want to know is how to upload my pics there???
HEEEEEELLLOOOOOOOO
Hiiiiiiiiii, The Rides Section isn't complete, bro. That's why there's no way to upload yet.

Soon tho, along with many changes.
In the meantime, let's work with what we have, and enjoy the new features as they come.

Kyle is still working day and night to get these features up and running
C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your questions about the new format...