G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Fellow G35 Buyers Beware!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I just invited zero to join us in this thread to put in his .02. We'll see what he has to say hopefully.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
I've done business with Zero , I have his lower plenum , he never misrepresented it in any way , he told me that it was similar to the mrev2 but different .
He was very trust worthy and honest , An enthusiast just like us !

OP was given a full refund , sounds like people r still trying to run him over!

Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts
^^^+1...marcus do u want my pms as well? he told me the same thing.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Zero sounds like a Lynch mob is a commin

Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
....i meant the pms defending him, he told me the same thing as u dummy lol

The following users liked this post:
zeroscythe (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
ooooooooooooo you cool u cool

Old 10-14-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Thanks for posting the link Tim.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...hed-stock.html

^^^This is NOT an MREV2.
Originally Posted by butkiss1
I've done business with Zero , I have his lower plenum , he never misrepresented it in any way , he told me that it was similar to the mrev2 but different .

Originally Posted by Invictus_Caelumfunis
^^^+1...marcus do u want my pms as well? he told me the same thing.
Zero sounds like a Lynch mob is a commin
Originally Posted by Invictus_Caelumfunis
....i meant the pms defending him, he told me the same thing as u dummy lol

Guys I normally respect your opinions, but how do you explain a thread that clearly states he's selling a MREV2 and it's not one, verified by Tony? And if this is a different piece than the OP purchased that's twice he lied.

IMO there's no defending that it's fvcking shady. I don't give a **** how honest he's been with you guys, this forum doesn't need to wonder every time he posts something for sale if it's authentic or is what he says it is.

Sorry but you 2 are way off base here.

The following 2 users liked this post by Blue Dream:
Invalid_User (10-14-2011), serges (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:41 PM
i agree with you in that aspect Tim as I usually would, I'm clearly just stating what he has done for me. It sucks to see it go down like that, but he has never wronged me. I'm hoping he will come in and explain himself, but trust me I do see where you're coming from.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:00 PM
^+1
Tim I understand your frustration over this matter , I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion about zeroscythe , All I'm saying is i have been dealing with him on a daily basis regarding the Mod that the OP is talking about , I'm just sharing my experiences with zeroscythe, consider my comments
honest and unbiased

zeroscythe (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
in ALL honesty, i spoke to zero about his lower plenums too. he made it VERY clear(to me) that it wasn't an MREV2, even going as far as saying his was better. just sayin'

The following 2 users liked this post by SDGenius:
Invictus_Caelumfunis (10-14-2011), zeroscythe (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

I aggree^^
Bikinilust was telling me about these modified plenums that Zerocythe and him were coming out with. I think there is also a thread up here about it. They do have one on my350z. They state that they have found a better way to get better gains with these plenums. And these were not an mrev2. I think somewhere along the lines there was a confusion. I dont know what was said between the 2 of you, but this is the info i know. Ive had some transactions with Zero and hes totally down to earth. I hope it works out between the 2 of you.

zeroscythe (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay first because i sell something DOES NOT mean strafe is behind it. Lawrence and Dustin have been great people with me and have helped me tremendously withmy build.

Second of all i R&D'd a new product and yes i bought a mrev2 from a seller on my350z for $400. After taking measurements and seeing exactly what was done we began thinking of how to improve on the design. ALL I DID WAS TAKE A HIGH SPEED SCOTCHBRITE DISK TO THE FRONT RUNNERS. it took it down some more and left it smooth compared to the machined surface on tony's mrev2. We then went another route and ended up redesigning all the runners ON A DIFFERENT PLENUM and had everything dyno tested.

Where im at fault: I should've told the customer i took a scotchbrite disk to the top of the runners. Any person with common sense in cars and who can do a little research on the subject can pretty much figure out that it doesnt change the product very much and i didnt think he'd care cuz i sold it to him for dirt cheap. If i modify my Borla and add an x pipe to it does it make it not a Borla anymore? If you guys would like i can PM the person on my350z and have him vouche he sold me the product.

AS SOON AS THE CUSTOMER ASKED FOR A REFUND I AGREED. i never gave him a run around and even offered him different solutions which would've cost me more money in the end. I have never wronged anyone and if i were to, i'd do everything i could to make it right. He got his refund as soon asthe product was shipped back and now opening a thread like this is pretty much an insult and feel its completely out of place. I could've been a d*ck and posted pictures on the original readings on my caliper to prove my point but like i told marcus in a PM i dont feel comfortable disclosing the specifications of another vendors product, since any machine shop can crank one out in about an hour.

i've already spoken with IB about becoming a vendor as of Nov. 1st so we wont have issues like the ones we're having anymore. This thread is completely pointless and respectfully ask that it be closed as this issue has already been resolved.

The following 3 users liked this post by zeroscythe:
bikinilust (10-14-2011), Invictus_Caelumfunis (10-14-2011), Strafe Automotive (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 10:24 PM

^^Then how do explain this? https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...hed-stock.html

Sorry bro but in my book that's shady and is an example of fraud plain and simple. If the OP has PMs where you referred to the plenum you sold him as an MREV2, and it wasn't, which has been confirmed by the mods that's shady deal #2. You can't justify either of those examples as anything else, and I hope this thread isn't closed. It will give others a chance to try to understand for themselves what is happening/has happened.

I don't know you but based on these 2 incidents I probably wouldn't buy anything from you, you've broken my trust nomsayin??

serges (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroscythe
Okay first because i sell something DOES NOT mean strafe is behind it. Lawrence and Dustin have been great people with me and have helped me tremendously withmy build.

Second of all i R&D'd a new product and yes i bought a mrev2 from a seller on my350z for $400. After taking measurements and seeing exactly what was done we began thinking of how to improve on the design. ALL I DID WAS TAKE A HIGH SPEED SCOTCHBRITE DISK TO THE FRONT RUNNERS. it took it down some more and left it smooth compared to the machined surface on tony's mrev2. We then went another route and ended up redesigning all the runners ON A DIFFERENT PLENUM and had everything dyno tested.

Where im at fault: I should've told the customer i took a scotchbrite disk to the top of the runners. Any person with common sense in cars and who can do a little research on the subject can pretty much figure out that it doesnt change the product very much and i didnt think he'd care cuz i sold it to him for dirt cheap. If i modify my Borla and add an x pipe to it does it make it not a Borla anymore? If you guys would like i can PM the person on my350z and have him vouche he sold me the product.

AS SOON AS THE CUSTOMER ASKED FOR A REFUND I AGREED. i never gave him a run around and even offered him different solutions which would've cost me more money in the end. I have never wronged anyone and if i were to, i'd do everything i could to make it right. He got his refund as soon asthe product was shipped back and now opening a thread like this is pretty much an insult and feel its completely out of place. I could've been a d*ck and posted pictures on the original readings on my caliper to prove my point but like i told marcus in a PM i dont feel comfortable disclosing the specifications of another vendors product, since any machine shop can crank one out in about an hour.

i've already spoken with IB about becoming a vendor as of Nov. 1st so we wont have issues like the ones we're having anymore. This thread is completely pointless and respectfully ask that it be closed as this issue has already been resolved.
False. That was not a MREV2 in the pictures serges sent to me via email. We do not make them that way. Nor did it have any of the Motordyne signature marks.

The same applies to your FOR SALE thread here: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...hed-stock.html

These aren't MREV2's modified by you. They aren't MREV2's at all.

It is fraudulent to sell them as MREV2's.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hydrazine:
Blue Dream (10-15-2011), threatcon07 (10-15-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Received 143 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleHBK
If he worked with you and sent you a full refund I'm not sure I see what the problem is. Whether you like his products or not, it sounds to me like he stood behind his service and should be commended for not just taking your money and running, Honestly anyone could make the exact same claim about most body kits sold on this site as just about everything is a reproduction of something else. If you want 100% assurance that your getting the real deal, then buy directly from an official vendor and expect to pay a hefty premium, and also don't be surprised if certain items are no longer available considering our cars (G35's) have officially been out of production for a few years now. I fail to see the need for such a temper tantrum when he provided a full refund. There is a reason this site uses iTrader.
problem was i was to expect on getting a mrev2 and in fact i did not get one but a story with 3 weeks of waiting im not throwing a tantrum tony told me to put an awareness out there and i did no harm no foul right? if u called tony at motordyne pm'd u on a great offer for a product and u got something different wouldnt u be concerned!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fellow G35 Buyers Beware!!