G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

general section for g35 related threads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
general section for g35 related threads

there should be a general section for g35 related threads. i know there is a coupe or sedan specific general section, but some things apply to both. for example, questions on window tinting or stereo upgrades, etc.

Old 12-20-2004, 01:34 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DaBenz7898
there should be a general section for g35 related threads. i know there is a coupe or sedan specific general section, but some things apply to both. for example, questions on window tinting or stereo upgrades, etc.
We're trying to keep the number of forums down to a minimum to make navigation, maintenance, and moderating easier.
To make your search a little easier, try the search function. It really works well and will yield posts/threads in both those forums, as well as the detailing forum.
G/L
C.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by gsedanman
We're trying to keep the number of forums down to a minimum to make navigation, maintenance, and moderating easier.
To make your search a little easier, try the search function. It really works well and will yield posts/threads in both those forums, as well as the detailing forum.
G/L
C.
i don't mean to sound annoying, and i appreciate what the moderators are doing, so please don't take this the wrong way. if we were to follow your suggestion to search rather than organize, then why not just eliminate all of the different sections/folders and have one "general" section/folder. all we have to do is use the search funciton to find whatever we're looking for.....lol.....please don't do that.....i wasn't being serious but my reasoning for a general g35 related section is because i have a question that relates to g35's in general. its not coupe or sedan specific. but with the current setup i am forced to either put it in a coupe-specific folder, sedan-specific folder, or the "other" folder. i know many of us use the "new posts" function to see the latest posts since our last visit, but many of us also go through specific folders looking for specific information. the search feature is good, but it isn't the greatest. for example, right now if i click on the "g35 coupe general" section, the first few posts (after the stickies) are posts about oil changes, fastest g35 times, vibration noises, warranty question, etc. i'm sure the sedans would benefit from these posts also, but some sedan owners/enthusiasts wont think about going to the coupe section. i fee this way cause i, myself, haven't checked out the sedan section (i'm a coupe enthusiast ).

anyways, its my just opinion/suggestion. i hope it leads to something positive for this forum. thanks to all the mods who keep the site running

Last edited by DaBenz7898; 12-20-2004 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:05 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by DaBenz7898
i don't mean to sound annoying, and i appreciate what the moderators are doing, so please don't take this the wrong way. if we were to follow your suggestion to search rather than organize, then why not just eliminate all of the different sections/folders and have one "general" section/folder. all we have to do is use the search funciton to find whatever we're looking for.....lol.....please don't do that.....i wasn't being serious but my reasoning for a general g35 related section is because i have a question that relates to g35's in general. its not coupe or sedan specific. but with the current setup i am forced to either put it in a coupe-specific folder, sedan-specific folder, or the "other" folder. i know many of us use the "new posts" function to see the latest posts since our last visit, but many of us also go through specific folders looking for specific information. the search feature is good, but it isn't the greatest. for example, right now if i click on the "g35 coupe general" section, the first few posts (after the stickies) are posts about oil changes, fastest g35 times, vibration noises, warranty question, etc. i'm sure the sedans would benefit from these posts also, but some sedan owners/enthusiasts wont think about going to the coupe section. i fee this way cause i, myself, haven't checked out the sedan section (i'm a coupe enthusiast ).

anyways, its my just opinion/suggestion. i hope it leads to something positive for this forum. thanks to all the mods who keep the site running
-----------
I see that you are fairly new to our site,-- welcome btw-- and I appreciate that you have intended not to be annoying, I too intend not to belabour the point by saying that we used to have one forum for both cars, and upon a vote by the members have chosen to separate the 2. This seems to satisfy the general membership's needs.
Your questions will be answered in the appropriate forum that you post in, by members who have the same car as you.

Make yourself at home and continue to look around. I'm sure that once you become more familiar with out site, that you'll find exactly what you need either by using the Search function, or by posting a querry.
G.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:10 PM
I was thinking about this same topic just now.

It would be a good idea to have a General G35 fourm.

Then we could have the coupe and sedan as sub fourms.

Old 12-24-2004, 01:53 PM
O.F. Administrator
We'll go over it and consider something in the new year.

I can see some merrits with having a general G35 Forum, but I don't know if it'll fly or not.

Stay tuned.
G.