G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Why Was My Thread Moved - General Discussion G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Why Was My Thread Moved - General Discussion G35

I don't understand why general discussion topics are moved to somewhere that they will not be seen. I am not annoyed in the slightest when I read the variety of topics in the general discussion area. In fact, the variety is the sole reason that I read the general discussion topics. I asked for pictures a few minutes ago in another post, and it got moved to Media Share? What in the world? I'm not sharing media. I'm asking others to share media with me, but they won't look in the share media section to do that. Been a member for almost 1 1/2 years. That was my first post in a about a year, and stuff like this is the reason. I'm a member of many car sites, and this one gives me the most trouble. I am an educated professional adult, so I am not lost or stupid. What's the deal? Does someone need to see my "grown-up card" before they leave my posts alone, and trust that I know what the hell I'm doing?

Wait.....

"puts flame suit on"

ok, go

Old 04-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
I moved your thread. I move & delete threads all the time. Just like I moved this one to the appropriate Driver subforum.

Pic request threads go into media share sections because people are asking for/sharing media.....these specific subsections of the subforums were created back before you became a member (depending on the subforum as early as 2005 IIRC) to cut down on those media threads littering the normal discussion sections. You may have a different viewpoint on this or other sites may as well but Driver does it this way.

Your age or profession has nothing to do with moving threads around to where they normally belong - I don't know or care about any of that when moving things around. And no one is calling you or thinking you are stupid when doing such.

Not sure why you are taking it so personally - the thread was moved not deleted. You didn't get a warning or infraction or god forbid a ban for something so inconsequential.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
When people hit the 'New Posts' button they see the 500 most recently updated threads (regardless of the subforum) so its not like your thread will go unnoticed.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by S 854
I moved your thread. I move & delete threads all the time. Just like I moved this one to the appropriate Driver sub forum.

Not sure why you are taking it so personally - the thread was moved not deleted. You didn't get a warning or infraction or god forbid a ban for something so inconsequential.
It's personal because the move is detrimental to the purpose of my post. I will now get ZERO replies because of the location of the post. Whereas I would get at least a few replies if the post was left in the general discussion forum where it belongs. I put it there purposely because of the high traffic of that forum.

THEN, I'm sure it is extremely hilarious to the moderator to move this post appropriately named "General Discussion G35" out of the G35 General Discussion forum. This is EXACTLY the kind of post that I would have wanted to read in the discussion forum so I wouldn't be in this irritating mess in the first place.

BUT,power is grand, therefore, I digress.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
The thread you posted in the original sub-forum is not going to go completely unnoticed even after it gets moved. The thread does get moved into the correct sub-forum, but the thread in the original forum instead just acts as a redirect link to the thread in the new, correct sub-forum. It's still visible where you posted it originally.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by kevvsworld
It's personal because the move is detrimental to the purpose of my post. I will now get ZERO replies because of the location of the post. Whereas I would get at least a few replies if the post was left in the general discussion forum where it belongs. I put it there purposely because of the high traffic of that forum.

THEN, I'm sure it is extremely hilarious to the moderator to move this post appropriately named "General Discussion G35" out of the G35 General Discussion forum. This is EXACTLY the kind of post that I would have wanted to read in the discussion forum so I wouldn't be in this irritating mess in the first place.

BUT,power is grand, therefore, I digress.
While you make a point in the beginning of your response, you lose total credibility by acting like a child with the rest. Time to grow up, no one respects a passive-aggressive brat. And the poster above me made a great point I bet you never even considered, smh.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Youve already gotten a reply from wrathernaut!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
So mods I guess we will see if I ever get a reply to my thread. Which was moved to the audio tech forum as I predicated. I highly doubt it. The forum gets next to no posts in the main forums and you (yes, I know you have a plan) then move them to the sub tech forum (the kiss of death). If no one is on the main forums why would you think that anyone would get replies on the sub (tech) forums. I was the webmaster for a major government website for 8 yrs. No...not Obamacare. I pulled in about 2.5 million hits a month...yes, every month. (I had to run a statistics program and report it to management) Why you might ask? Because I understood what users were looking for...and I gave it to them.

I guess you could consider this a sub-thread of my post is this forum dying. Go ahead and read that thread and see how quickly we get away from anything G35 related and start bashing.
You're all good...
Originally Posted by bigc
When people hit the 'New Posts' button they see the 500 most recently updated threads (regardless of the subforum) so its not like your thread will go unnoticed.