G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Errr...why does my post get moved?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Errr...why does my post get moved?

https://g35driver.com/forums/other-cars/83343-why-there-such-huge-difference-shifter-clutch-between-s2000-g35-coupe.html

I brought up a discussion which relates to the G35 COUPE. It's a technical related post and why does it get removed to "other cars" forum?

I did mention S2000 in the post, but does it really not deserve to be in the primary G35 coupe forum?

I'm a regular at several car forums, and it seems to me that the moderators at g35driver.com are the worst in that they don't always seem to have common sense when "moving posts". It always seems like 1/3 of the page's posts are moved somewhere else, and am I the only one who finds this annoying?

It's almost like an NBA basketball game. Sometimes the officials just need to let the players play and allow a little body contact and don't call every single foul that doesn't change the flow of the game.

Last edited by GP20; 01-26-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I feel the same way.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Dont know why that one was moved, is directly related to the G coupe..

Old 01-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JaxGman
Dont know why that one was moved, is directly related to the G coupe..
I personally didn't move it, but I probably would have. Anything under the G-spot is for G35 related information ONLY. Anything discussing other cars will be moved to the "Other Cars" forum. However, there are a lot of G35 vs 3 series vs IS350 threads. That is why the "Other Cars (comparison)" forum was created months ago.

Are you not directly comparing the G35 to another car? I see that a lot of you guys are "new" here. Give it time and you will understand this is the best setup. This is the biggest G35 enthusiast site for a reason.

Old 01-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You are comparing the G35 vs the S2000 and there is a forum for those threads. It's call "OTHER CARS (COMPARSION). I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was moved to the off-topic lounge.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Alumni****
Originally Posted by afr0puff
I personally didn't move it, but I probably would have. Anything under the G-spot is for G35 related information ONLY. Anything discussing other cars will be moved to the "Other Cars" forum. However, there are a lot of G35 vs 3 series vs IS350 threads. That is why the "Other Cars (comparison)" forum was created months ago.

Are you not directly comparing the G35 to another car? I see that a lot of you guys are "new" here. Give it time and you will understand this is the best setup. This is the biggest G35 enthusiast site for a reason.
That's exactly why your original thread was moved. We have subforums for a reason. Everybody loves posting in the "G35 Coupe" forum. That's a fact. If every single post that was posted in this forum was left here, you wouldn't believe how much clutter you would see.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:54 PM
To each his own..

Old 01-26-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm not directly comparing the G35 and S2000. My point of the thread was asking why Nissan/Infinti are not able to develop a transmission that's on par with other car-makers, and hoping that perhaps someone is able to provide some intelligent inputs. It could've turned into a good discussion IMO and people might learn about the G35 more, but then we all know very well that once a post gets moved, it dies quickly. Would the post have been moved if I never mentioned "S2000" or any other specific car-model? Was the mere mention of another car model put the post/thread in the category of "other cars (comparison)"?

I'm a coupe owner, and I only read the coupe forum. I don't bother reading the "off-topic" or "other cars" or the "sedan" forums, simply because I don't have time to read them and I'm not all that interested anyhow. I want to read stuff about my coupe and related to my coupe. And I'm sure there are other coupe owners here like me. But it "almost" seems that these days all that we read in the dedicated forum are "how bad is your gas mileage?", "here's a picture of my coupe", "my coupe got into an accident", and whatnot. Sure they stick to the topic. But they make the dedicated coupe forum boring to read.

Last edited by GP20; 01-26-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Originally Posted by GP20
I'm a coupe owner, and I only read the coupe forum. I don't bother reading the "off-topic" or "other cars" or the "sedan" forums, simply because I don't have time to read them and I'm not all that interested anyhow.
Your loss. I don't know how else to put it.

What if Sedan owners took the approach you do? The transmissions in the coupe and the sedan are the same. And there are plenty of sedan owners that will wipe the floor with coupe owners when it comes to technical information. Why would they be inclined to reply in the coupe forum when users are selectively excluding them from the discussion?

Old 01-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by afr0puff
Your loss. I don't know how else to put it.

What if Sedan owners took the approach you do? The transmissions in the coupe and the sedan are the same. And there are plenty of sedan owners that will wipe the floor with coupe owners when it comes to technical information. Why would they be inclined to reply in the coupe forum when users are selectively excluding them from the discussion?

Your logic is flawed. In that regard, why separate the coupe and sedan forums? Since they're essentially 90% the same car.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Originally Posted by GP20
Your logic is flawed. In that regard, why separate the coupe and sedan forums? Since they're essentially 90% the same car.
For that 10% difference, simple as that.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:52 PM
this is annoying too. i hate it when my threads get moved. I had a thread about my g35 coupe poster in the coupe forum. Now its been there for a long time. I just revived that thread and now its in off-topic? if it was in the coupe forums before why does it now belong in the off-topic section?

this happens wiith my other threads as well. They get moved and because of that they die.

I say if it has anything to do with the g35 coupe then let it be. If it has nothing to do with that section at all then move it. people post there because thats the section that gets the most visitors. by moving it your sending it to the grave.

i feel like the mods here get bored and just feel like doing stuff.

end rant