G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

2008 Infiniti G Coupe Sketch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pure sex just like the 1st gen G. I have a feeling the 1st gens won't look that old school to the lay person. To us who car about it we will know. I guess i am glad i did not wait for teh 08's however i have a feeling the interior will be superior in everyway. When i get in the G i just lok and realize how much i need the z1 in my dash.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Why would they put on Brembo's if the 4-piston Caliper non-Brembo will be almost as good as the OEM Brembos? Really, for every day driving you don't really need to have Brembos. Plus, if you had a choice when buying the 08 coupe, would you want to pay $3K+ extra for Brembos? I'm sure adding it will make it more expensive the then the price comparison between cars (BMW, Honda coupe, etc.) will narrow. So, I doubt it too, unless it is an option, and an expensive one at that.
You've answered your own question in the first line. Almost as good. Many people looking buying this car will be looking for something better that sets the car apart from the competition and raises the bar some. Perhaps not you but some people. It's certainly the part of my car I get the most questions and comments on and they may have assisted my efforts and safety on the track.

Even if they are almost as good, the OE aren't 4 piston BTW. As far as not being needed in everyday driving it's the same as other aspects of the car. You may not need or use the car and all its features to full potential everyday but doing it occasionally or knowing you can is good enough reason for some to have them.

I don't know where you are coming up with the $3K cost of optional Brembos for the '08. If you were right on that the price of an '05 6mt Coupe should have dropped significantly relative to an '04 since Infinit changed to cheaper brakes. As well the extra cost for an MT was about 2K and you received Brembos, a VLSD, aero package and in Canada upgraded shocks and springs.

Potential additional brake upgrade cost isn't relevant in comparing the G to a Honda Coupe. They aren't in the same class. That comparison would be made with the Altima Coupe. It would not likely have higher grade brakes due to it being more of an entry level sport coupe, with the beauty being pretty much just skin deep.

Let's hope there are enough options to keep all of us happy.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 AM
G SQUAD
I like the concept coupe a lot. IMO its better looking than that sketch.

-Vin

Old 01-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Locksmith
I like the concept, the drawing looks a little crazy, concept looks so sick tho.
I concur. The sketch has m45 front lights and is not that impressive.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 AM
flashes hazards

Old 01-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I read somewhere that they got rid of the brembo's because they were wearing down too quickly and there was a tons of complaints.

So I imagine, if this is indeed true, then we will not be seeing brembo's.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
You've answered your own question in the first line. Almost as good. Many people looking buying this car will be looking for something better that sets the car apart from the competition and raises the bar some. Perhaps not you but some people. It's certainly the part of my car I get the most questions and comments on and they may have assisted my efforts and safety on the track.

Even if they are almost as good, the OE aren't 4 piston BTW. As far as not being needed in everyday driving it's the same as other aspects of the car. You may not need or use the car and all its features to full potential everyday but doing it occasionally or knowing you can is good enough reason for some to have them.

I don't know where you are coming up with the $3K cost of optional Brembos for the '08. If you were right on that the price of an '05 6mt Coupe should have dropped significantly relative to an '04 since Infinit changed to cheaper brakes. As well the extra cost for an MT was about 2K and you received Brembos, a VLSD, aero package and in Canada upgraded shocks and springs.

Potential additional brake upgrade cost isn't relevant in comparing the G to a Honda Coupe. They aren't in the same class. That comparison would be made with the Altima Coupe. It would not likely have higher grade brakes due to it being more of an entry level sport coupe, with the beauty being pretty much just skin deep.

Let's hope there are enough options to keep all of us happy.
I would say the increase in cost is attributed to the better inards in the 05 and larger rims/tires. I would say the rims/tire alone (according to Nissan) will more then make up the price difference from them not offering the Brembos.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the Brembos, keep the larger rims (vs. not sport models), and all the other goodies for the 08 6MT and NOT increase the base price vs. the 06/07 models. I may think about it once it comes out and whether to get the newer model or just to wait another year afterwards. However, I think it is wishful thinking that they wouldn't increase the price significantly if they did all that (including the Brembos).

I also heard through the grapevine that they got rid of the Brembos was also due to costs, it had problems (don't know what it was, but I would assume premature wear and tear and replacement parts), and Nissan trying to keep the cost down on the 6MT.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
LOL Yeah most of us know!

I'm still wondering how the "Altima Coupe" subject snuck in here!

PS. Love your ride & color Strtsk8r321

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 06BLACKMT
and before you go off trying to start an argument (such as the G is faster/as fast as the M3... ) below is a picture of the similarities I was referencing:
Attachment 61130

Hey! Chill Out!!!

Dont take my opinions as insults. I was just expressing my own personal views.

All im stating is that, although they do share some similarities in the top half of the side profiles as you just proved, they, overall, look nothing alike in my opinion.

----------

When have I ever stated that a G35 is as fast as an M3? Maybe before I became a "car-enthusiast"; But I know by fact that an M3 is superior to the G35 in every perfomance category. Try to stick to the subject and not get offended by any of my comments; the last thing I wanna start is a flame-thread.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice nice

Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Never mind the G Coupe sketch, I'm watching dreamweaver's breasts bounce. Their mesmerizing!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Gidyup
Never mind the G Coupe sketch, I'm watching dreamweaver's breasts bounce. Their mesmerizing!
+1,2,3,4,5,6,and fing 7. them things are sweet mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM
wassupMyNinjas! (^_^)

Received 102 Likes on 45 Posts
Old 01-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by shatooi
We just released a sketch of the new G coupe and i thought i'd share it with you guys....

Enjoy.

Just curious, who is we???

Old 01-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by speedraver

I....Can't...Think...I'm...Under....Your....Contro l.... *drolls*

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G Coupe Sketch