G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

2008 Infiniti G Coupe Sketch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
I would say the increase in cost is attributed to the better inards in the 05 and larger rims/tires. I would say the rims/tire alone (according to Nissan) will more then make up the price difference from them not offering the Brembos.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the Brembos, keep the larger rims (vs. not sport models), and all the other goodies for the 08 6MT and NOT increase the base price vs. the 06/07 models. I may think about it once it comes out and whether to get the newer model or just to wait another year afterwards. However, I think it is wishful thinking that they wouldn't increase the price significantly if they did all that (including the Brembos).

I also heard through the grapevine that they got rid of the Brembos was also due to costs, it had problems (don't know what it was, but I would assume premature wear and tear and replacement parts), and Nissan trying to keep the cost down on the 6MT.

Fair point that the interior cosmetic changes and different wheels and tires would add some cost to the '05+. Those costs would have been largely covered by the increase in list price 2%+ and doesn't explain the $3000 cost you're suggesting for the Brembos. In total you're suggesting the new tires and interior changes are costing/worth aobut 4K$ That's doubtful. I also haven't seen any Nissan statements explaining the new wheels are offsetting the cost of the previous year Brembo brakes. That sounds like another one of those "grapevine" rumours.

Cost was likely a reason for eliminating the Brembo brakes. Infiniti would realize higher profits by taking them out. The grapevine talk about problems or premature wear and tear and replacement parts on the Brembos is nonsense. In fact the OE non Brembo brakes experienced premature wear/problems and that is why Infiniti extended the warranty on them to 3 year /36k. This is a case of "grapevine" misinformation.

Yes, the new Coupe will have an increased price due to the complete redesign. That's a given.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hummmm... i have to honestly say that i was impressed by the concept
but not this sketch. this sketch is rather boring.

the front is too thin, kinda reminded me of the issue Gen5 preludes had
with the small front bumper. never looked that great without a lip.

and as others have mentioned earlier, it looks too similar to our current
G35C, especially the side mirrors.

this sketch is quite a few steps backwards for me as ive been seriously
thinking about getting the next G. will have to see how the real car looks
in April. guess im not going to the chicago autoshow next month then.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ewe that Acura is SOOOOO Ugly

Old 01-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Don't be to quick to judge from a sketch, "artists rendition" of any car you never seen in person, they are close, but always will look different IMO from the car. Wait unitl you see a photo of the actual coupe before you make any real opinion of it! Just my $.02

Old 01-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti's braking system works just fine, I'm not sure what the whole issue is concerning the Brembos. Unless you track your car, there is absolutely no advantage to having them. And even if you do, you might want even more aggressive brakes.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Don't be to quick to judge from a sketch, "artists rendition" of any car you never seen in person, they are close, but always will look different IMO from the car. Wait unitl you see a photo of the actual coupe before you make any real opinion of it! Just my $.02
Is this a scetch? If it is it doesnt look like it. If it isn't ....... it is ugly as sin.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Fair point that the interior cosmetic changes and different wheels and tires would add some cost to the '05+. Those costs would have been largely covered by the increase in list price 2%+ and doesn't explain the $3000 cost you're suggesting for the Brembos. In total you're suggesting the new tires and interior changes are costing/worth aobut 4K$ That's doubtful. I also haven't seen any Nissan statements explaining the new wheels are offsetting the cost of the previous year Brembo brakes. That sounds like another one of those "grapevine" rumours.

Cost was likely a reason for eliminating the Brembo brakes. Infiniti would realize higher profits by taking them out. The grapevine talk about problems or premature wear and tear and replacement parts on the Brembos is nonsense. In fact the OE non Brembo brakes experienced premature wear/problems and that is why Infiniti extended the warranty on them to 3 year /36k. This is a case of "grapevine" misinformation.

Yes, the new Coupe will have an increased price due to the complete redesign. That's a given.
Nice point, but you're wrong though. The OE Brembo do wear out faster then non-oem, that is a given. Ask anyone and they will tell you that the Brembos will wear out faster then non-Brembos. However, the non Brembos during the 03-04 did wear out very quickly. I have plenty of friends who have the Brembos and so, no grapevine for me I would say the increase in list (2%) is attributed to inflation, currency exchange, etc. The new tires/rims and interior changes is very expensive (at least what Nissan charges). Have you seen how much the rim/tire combo costs? I think someone said $800 each. You can do that math on that one. So, a simple math would suggest:

Brembo's $2000 (maybe more or less)
Tires/Rims: $2400 (maybe more or less)
2% increase $600

You can add back the costs of the Non-OEM Brembos and the Smaller rims but I can say those cost off-set each other. There you have it. I'm sure this is very simplistic, but you can see where/why the took away the Brembos and offered the new tires/rims and kept the price leveled. I'm sure they made some little extra too

Old 01-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the Ponies?????

OK, OK: Rims, Brembos, and *****, all important things (not in that order). Lets talk Ponies, has anyone herd what they will squeez out of that new
V6? I herd 330 from a dealer last week. That is great if true, at least they recoginize the fact they need to give it a bump from the sedan. Anyone herd anything else??????????????????????????????????????????????

Old 01-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Rated M

Nice point, but you're wrong though. The OE Brembo do wear out faster then non-oem, that is a given. Ask anyone and they will tell you that the Brembos will wear out faster then non-Brembos. However, the non Brembos during the 03-04 did wear out very quickly. I have plenty of friends who have the Brembos and so, no grapevine for me I would say the increase in list (2%) is attributed to inflation, currency exchange, etc. The new tires/rims and interior changes is very expensive (at least what Nissan charges). Have you seen how much the rim/tire combo costs? I think someone said $800 each. You can do that math on that one. So, a simple math would suggest:

Brembo's $2000 (maybe more or less)
Tires/Rims: $2400 (maybe more or less)
2% increase $600

You can add back the costs of the Non-OEM Brembos and the Smaller rims but I can say those cost off-set each other. There you have it. I'm sure this is very simplistic, but you can see where/why the took away the Brembos and offered the new tires/rims and kept the price leveled. I'm sure they made some little extra too
RE read my post....you've said I'm wrong on something that I didn't say, and failed to prove what I said as wrong.

Rather than get into a long debate over this and keeping the thread off track let's just say we'll agree to disagree. I'll send you a PM reply. Feel free to PM respond.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
RE read my post....you've said I'm wrong on something that I didn't say, and failed to prove what I said as wrong.

Rather than get into a long debate over this and keeping the thread off track let's just say we'll agree to disagree. I'll send you a PM reply. Feel free to PM respond.
Replied...but I think we're both off the subject...

Hell, at this point, I can't even remember what it was we were trying debate...I think whether or not Infiniti will offer the Brembos, but I don't think they will.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Rated M

Replied...but I think we're both off the subject...

Hell, at this point, I can't even remember what it was we were trying debate...I think whether or not Infiniti will offer the Brembos, but I don't think they will.
Fair statement. I don't know either.

I hope they do offer the Brembos but it won't by any means be a deal breaker for anyone if they don't.

When the H*** are we going to see a real pic of this car?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:41 AM
N50
When the H*** are we going to see a real pic of this car?
No joke! I'm getting a little impatient and we still have a little more than 3 months to go.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by dan61177
Is this a scetch? If it is it doesnt look like it. If it isn't ....... it is ugly as sin.
Sorry, I was referring to the G sketch, I agree, the Acura looks like a photo.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:40 PM
from BestCar magazines, im seeing around 340bp for G37C.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:39 PM
N50
Originally Posted by kenchan
from BestCar magazines, im seeing around 340bp for G37C.
If you could post an article stating that, I'd be a happy man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Infiniti G Coupe Sketch