G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

To those convinced and ready to buy MY08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are so many getting 5AT (w/Sport) instead of 6MT. I don't want to open any old wounds, but I am kind of debating whether it is now time for me to get an automatic (even tho there really aren't more than 5 or 6 traffic situations a year when I wish I had an automatic), or if I'll always be a stick guy and I should stay with a 6MT because shifting is second nature to me and I actually kind of enjoy it.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm getting an AT because my current car is a MT. After 5 years, I'm getting a little tired of it and want something different. For the little amount of time I actually pushed my car, the AT paddle shift will be more then sufficient.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 AM
dmkozak - 6MT FTW!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Techuinang
I'm getting an AT because my current car is a MT. After 5 years, I'm getting a little tired of it and want something different. For the little amount of time I actually pushed my car, the AT paddle shift will be more then sufficient.
Same with me, I have had MT since I started driving. However, I am tired of it and want the AT in the G37!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
I am tired of it and want the AT in the G37!
At least you'll still have the paddles. I find them quite a bit of fun actually.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I know, I am like a little kid waiting for it. The paddle shifters and manual shift mode will be more than enough for me!!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Yeah, I know, I am like a little kid waiting for it. The paddle shifters and manual shift mode will be more than enough for me!!
The 5AT in my 07 Sedan also has DS (Drive Sport) Mode, which pushes the RPMs to the redline before shifting. I would assume the 5AT in the G37 will have this as well.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
At least you'll still have the paddles. I find them quite a bit of fun actually.
That's actually one of the many reason I opted not to buy the first gen, I wanted paddles shifter .

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
The 5AT in my 07 Sedan also has DS (Drive Sport) Mode, which pushes the RPMs to the redline before shifting. I would assume the 5AT in the G37 will have this as well.

Just imagine if you didn't know about this feature and see the engine reving to red line for no apparent reason. It would scare the pants out of me .

Last edited by Techuinang; 04-11-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Simple answer as has been said: Paddle Shifters!!!!
I had the "SPEEDSHIFT" Auto in my AMG and that thing shifted wicked fast and I am expecting no-less in this new Coupe.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:30 PM
my sales guy just called to check in. said they would be ordering new g37's within the next few weeks. the mgr who orders new vehicles would contact me and step through the order process. he would provide to me a website we could step through to order all the options together over the phone.

others have mentioned dropping a deposit.. but no chance to order the exact car they want... have to choose from whatever infiniti is sent from overseas.. in this case it looks like some dealers (if not all) can order specific options for pre-sale customers.
bm

Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Awesome BostonMerlin! The salesman I am working with said they would also be placing the orders in a couple of weeks. I put my deposit down too, but the dealership I am using allowed me to order the car exactly how I want it. I have already picked out color and options!! Guess some dealerships don't allow the customer to order the car they want. Now comes the hard part, waiting for the day that he calls me and tells me that it is in. Is it bad that I am already counting down the days to the arrival, and they haven't even ordered it yet!!

Last edited by InfinitiFreak; 04-23-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
my sales guy just called to check in. said they would be ordering new g37's within the next few weeks. the mgr who orders new vehicles would contact me and step through the order process. he would provide to me a website we could step through to order all the options together over the phone.

bm
Sounds great, congrats again and i bet u cant wait, i cant wait and i am only testing it first. If the web site allows you and does not reveal any personal information, copy the web pages into a word doc and post the link, it would be nice to see package options with possible pricing and see exactly where the build will come out depending on individual choices. Thanks for the info, is that dealer up in Boston?

Old 04-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sold on the car. All that I want/need:

6MT
Nav

But the nav requires the premium package so oh well, I'll take that too. The coupe will be black, Volks and a drop are a must from the start.. black grill, exhaust.

In a nutshell, over the years this G will become what my old one was:

Old 04-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Tony-That photo is unreal. Now I know why I want Black and I'm calling my dealer with this news about orders going in in a few weeks. I'm jacked!!

Old 04-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Nice picture!!!

I too finally come to Black/Stone I think.
I wish we could get some real picture of a few colors. White is the other choice, but doubtful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To those convinced and ready to buy MY08