G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

To those convinced and ready to buy MY08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those convinced and ready to buy MY08

What kind of colors/options/mods are you thinking of?

If white/black is available, I will do that most likely. Otherwise black/stone. Both with the metal trim.
I really hope they offer red leather, though I know it's extremely unlikely.

Mine will be a fully loaded 6MT.

Mods?
Nothing extensive. Tint, BMC/K&N filters, suspension (most likely just some springs, but not sure which yet of course), and wheels (Black/polished 19'' Work Varianza T1S most likely).

Love Black wheels with a polished lip, and tint is a must. These combined with a drop will make the car look a million times better. Just undecided between White and Black!!

What do you guys have in mind? Stock pictures so far don't look great, but niether do stock MY07 pictures IMO. It's the potential a car has, and I think MY08 will look GREAT with some small upgrades. Just like a Z - pretty ugly stock, but an AMAZING looking project car!!

Share!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm sold on the car for the following reasons:

The car looks great! The more I look at it the sexier it looks.

The wheels look great! and with 19/18s there is no need to upgrade

The interior is amazing! I'm going to get a dumb grin on my face everytime I sit in it.

The car has been touted as handling better than the 335... I love a great handling car and once again there will be no need to upgrade (for me, not you other guys who need the extra improved handling and looks that a lowered suspension gives you)

The Bose studio on wheels sound system. Once again no need to upgrade with 11 speakers and suposedly the most advanced stock system ever put into a car.

The price... having a brother as a Nissan Exec gets me 4% under invoice... making this car an even bigger bargain. Since it doesn't make much sense to buy anything other than an Infiniti or Nissan I feel pretty lucky that infiniti makes a car that is almost exactly what I want in a car.

The engine... I saved the best for last. 270 lb.ft of torque iand 330 HP in a 3700 pound car isn't perfect but it is pretty damm good. It's 12 lb/ft and 37 HP more than the old one and the old one can easily put a smile on your face. Furthermore the torque curve is supposedly flatter with that new valve event technology so there will be even more torque at the top and bottom of the power band than the peak 12 lb/ft increase.

As for what options I want:

Navigation
Bose studio sound system
Red Leather if it is an option
Black would look nice with red leather.
Sport model of course which I think is only available with the 6mt

I'm not interested in the active steering system because it sounds like something complicated that can break... or maybe I'm just not sold on it yet.

As for mods....

I don't think that I will be doing anything to this car it's good enough for me already.

Last edited by Racer X; 03-27-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Very well put.
Yah, I guess the steering to me isn't important either?

Old 03-28-2007, 05:36 AM
i visited the dealer last sunday and placed a 1k deposit down on a 6mt, black, prem, nav,tech no 4ws, no spoiler, graphite. the only thing i might change is the inter color from graphite to stone.. still on the fence.

active steering is one of those things i would rather it was integrated into the "everyone gets" package. i expect it'll add a few thousand to the bottom line.

bm

Old 03-28-2007, 06:09 AM
I'm putting $500 down this weekend. I too will probably not get the steering.
Yours sounds very nice and similar!!
On a B. O., I would get stone leather instead of more graphite. But on IP, I'm on the fence. Waiting for new pictures after the NYIAS. If it's hot, I'll get white. If it's not, I'll get BO to hide some lines.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i visited the dealer last sunday and placed a 1k deposit down on a 6mt, black, prem, nav,tech no 4ws, no spoiler, graphite. the only thing i might change is the inter color from graphite to stone.. still on the fence.

active steering is one of those things i would rather it was integrated into the "everyone gets" package. i expect it'll add a few thousand to the bottom line.

bm
FWIW, the graphite interior looks much better with the washi aluminum trim than the stone interior. This is just my opinion of course, but I find the washi provides a fantasic contrast against the graphite interior. Besides, black on black always looks sexy!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:43 AM
I'm probably going to go with the G37 Sport. Mine will probably stay generally stock except for wheels, unless they make chrome from the factory.

If anyone here is a hip-hop fan, I'll borrow a cleaned-up version of a lyric from Rich Boy: "Ridin' with no tint so they know it's me."

As far as mods go, I'm going to look into fuel economy and power mods. We'll see what kind of mods are available but I definitely want to add a turbine. Either turbo- or supercharger.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
there will be a rear spoiler option... i wonder if it'll cover the chrome on the trunk lid. fuel economy should be 19/27 like the sedan.

it will be rough trying to add a turbo w/ 11.0:1 compression but someone will be in the works of that quick

Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 AM
^^^^ If you get the spoiler, it goes in place of the chrome piece and the spoiler has the 3rd brake light in it. I am sold on this car, and GOD willing this will be my next car come August. Mine will be pretty much stock, because I am not too much into modding, though that may change if I actually get it!! I am planning on getting:

Platinum Graphite (Unless one of the 2 new colors grabs me)
Graphite Interior
Aluminum Trim
5 AT
Sport Package (Gotta Love The '19 and Sport Tuning)
Premium Package
4 Wheel Active Steer
Spoiler

Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Sport 6mt with premium

Hoping that comes in around 38k

Considering the base suspension on the coupe is the sports suspension on the sedan, I have a feeling the G with its revised chasis and suspension is going to be one very fun car to drive

Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
On the subject of spoilers... if I planned on going aftermarket and adding somthing like the 03-05 style spoiler... would you think it would be better for me to not get the spoiler that goes over the chrome, or to just stick with the chrome and put the aftermarket over top?

Maybe some sedan guys can chime in, becuz im wondering how easy it is to remove the chrome lip... which is also why im thinking to get the spoiler that goes in place of the chrome, so it can easily be removed later.
(hmmm, unless the chrome is there no matter what and just hiding under the other spoiler)

gah, whaddya think guys

Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
^^^^ If you get the spoiler, it goes in place of the chrome piece and the spoiler has the 3rd brake light in it. I am sold on this car, and GOD willing this will be my next car come August. Mine will be pretty much stock, because I am not too much into modding, though that may change if I actually get it!! I am planning on getting:

Platinum Graphite (Unless one of the 2 new colors grabs me)
Graphite Interior
Aluminum Trim
5 AT
Sport Package (Gotta Love The '19 and Sport Tuning)
Premium Package
4 Wheel Active Steer
Spoiler
I'm looking into the blue colors as well as graphite. Same thing I'm getting above, minus the 4 wheel steering. Hopefully they'll offer wood as an option separate to the sport package so I'm not forced to have aluminum, though I won't complain.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I wonder if the blue slate will come off as well as on the sedan.

I love that color on the sedan!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
On the subject of spoilers... if I planned on going aftermarket and adding somthing like the 03-05 style spoiler... would you think it would be better for me to not get the spoiler that goes over the chrome, or to just stick with the chrome and put the aftermarket over top?

Maybe some sedan guys can chime in, becuz im wondering how easy it is to remove the chrome lip... which is also why im thinking to get the spoiler that goes in place of the chrome, so it can easily be removed later.
(hmmm, unless the chrome is there no matter what and just hiding under the other spoiler)

gah, whaddya think guys
The chrome lip on the Sedan isn't easily removable.....especially if you have the Tech Package. If you have the Tech Package with the back up camera, the camera itself is integrated into the chrome lip. IMO, your best best would be to have the chrome lip painted the same color as the car. With the Sedan, the chrome lip is there whether you have the spoiler installed or not. I have no idea if that will still be the case with the new Coupe.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Good point! The backup camera...
I guess we'll hafta see where the backup camera would go on the coupe if the other spoiler goes in place of the chrome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To those convinced and ready to buy MY08