G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

G37 Pics at the NY Show!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Awesome pics BostonMerlin. I think that most of the people that don't like the G37 are not in the target demographic for the G37, so that is why they don't like it, Infiniti is not targeting them!! Their target being 25-45, professional males, who have no intentions of modding their car, don't want a car that screams look at me, and want a fast coupe as a daily driver. People who don't like the G37 have two choices, keep their G35 or go to another automaker.
You are definitely wrong. I was in the market for that car. As a matter of fact, my lease on my current G is up nect year in November, but I was willing to break it to get the new coupe ASAP, guess who's not doing that now. They took all the manliness and sportyness out of this car, and what they created was a quicker 2 door sedan look alike. The lines of the current G is what made the car look great, and mean. The lines on the new G look like they belong on a sedan.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:01 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
The lines on the new G look like they belong on a sedan.
If we didn't have the '07 sedan or the new coupe came out first, would you still say that the lines on the coupe look like they belong on a sedan? Seriously, the lines of the car are what they are. Yes, so there is a little bit of sedan influence in the front fascia...we should have all known that was coming. I don't understand what all of the fuss is about. Yes, there are some aspects of the new G I don't care for, like the rear. Other than that, I think it looks pretty good and it will sell pretty well. I guess what I would like to hear from those who dislike the design so intensely are ideas as to how the new G should have looked.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:04 PM
disgusting..back picture looks like a solara...

Old 04-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by 06BLACKMT
disgusting..back picture looks like a solara...
the moderators of this board are way ahead of you on that one.. they setup a place for you to go so you'll never have to look at that butt ugly g37 ever again!

g35coupe forum
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/

serious.. no hate.. it's all good!

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 04-04-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
the moderators of this board are way ahead of you on that one.. they setup a place for you to go so you'll never have to look at that butt ugly g37 ever again!

g35coupe forum
https://g35driver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

serious.. no hate.. it's all good!

uhh..or i'll post what I want about the G37 in a thread about the G37...sweet 75th post...

Old 04-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by ONEmike
i don't really like it.. front is ugly back doesn't look ant diffrent then the new sedan oh well im glad i got a nicer version on the coupe
does look awkward..hopefully it will grow on me and change my mind..i think the G35 looks better for now

Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by N50
If we didn't have the '07 sedan or the new coupe came out first, would you still say that the lines on the coupe look like they belong on a sedan? Seriously, the lines of the car are what they are. Yes, so there is a little bit of sedan influence in the front fascia...we should have all known that was coming. I don't understand what all of the fuss is about. Yes, there are some aspects of the new G I don't care for, like the rear. Other than that, I think it looks pretty good and it will sell pretty well. I guess what I would like to hear from those who dislike the design so intensely are ideas as to how the new G should have looked.
If this coupe came out before the sedan did, I might not say that the lines belong on the sedan, but I will still definitely say that as of right now it still looks like sh*t. I wish they made it look more like the sedan they did a great job with that. What I am saying is that, this car does not have those sleek curves anymore that made it look mean and aggressive, now it just looks like they womanized the car.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by GThIrtYFiZle
If this coupe came out before the sedan did, I might not say that the lines belong on the sedan, but I will still definitely say that as of right now it still looks like sh*t. I wish they made it look more like the sedan they did a great job with that. What I am saying is that, this car does not have those sleek curves anymore that made it look mean and aggressive, now it just looks like they womanized the car.
You must not of liked the lines of the Coupe Concept either.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Mixed thoughts about this one now... I am in the market for a new car and was hoping that the new coupe would wow me like the 1st gen did. The concept wowed me and now I just have mixed thoughts. I will have to wait to see it in person to decide if it is my replacement for the 1st gen.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:21 PM
These pics rock. Now that's wut im talkin bout. Cant wait till next saturday

Old 04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
whats next saturday?

Old 04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I wonder if they are going to post pictures of a nonsport bumper anytime soon.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by whassupG
I wonder if they are going to post pictures of a nonsport bumper anytime soon.
may have to either 1)wait for them to create the 'build your car' section where it might show differences or 2)for someone on the forum who's in the know to take a pic. Does anyone know if they did that for the sedan? I'm told the sedan has a diff. front facia as well.

bm

Old 04-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
At this point I rather have the G35 sedan front fascia on the G37 coupe..... or I'll buy a used 2006 front bumper and stick it on the new coupe.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by frshgcoupe
whats next saturday?
that's just when im gonna be at the show.... my bad for the confusion

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 Pics at the NY Show!