G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

G37 Pics at the NY Show!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bravo Bravo - Make the coupe rounder, smoother and more feminine. Then what? Oh yeah, when we bring out the car at the autoshow let's shine some valley girl purple shade on it to make sure all the women out there will take notice.

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pb...6.jpg&Maxw=600

This G37 says - "I am beautiful, graceful, independent, and I have the rights act up once a month. Who needs a man anyways when you got a G37"
Yeah, funny and sexist. Let this be my first post as a female on this board that is completely offended by what you've had to say, and no, it's not my time of the month either.

I'm buying a G37, and not because they have made it a "girly car" and have now entered my demographic. Where do you see a feminine car? To me, a girly car is a Mazda Miata, a Beetle, a Mini-Cooper or a Porsche Boxter. I was going to get a G35 until I found out they were re-designing it. If I could afford it, I would buy a Porsche 911 Carrera....maybe in about 10 years. Oh yeah, the reason I'm buying a G37 is b/c they shined a purple light on it....get real.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:33 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MissLydia
Yeah, funny and sexist. Let this be my first post as a female on this board that is completely offended by what you've had to say, and no, it's not my time of the month either.

I'm buying a G37, and not because they have made it a "girly car" and have now entered my demographic. Where do you see a feminine car? To me, a girly car is a Mazda Miata, a Beetle, a Mini-Cooper or a Porsche Boxter. I was going to get a G35 until I found out they were re-designing it. If I could afford it, I would buy a Porsche 911 Carrera....maybe in about 10 years. Oh yeah, the reason I'm buying a G37 is b/c they shined a purple light on it....get real.
MissLydia, welcome to driver. Oh...and nice first post!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
^ ouch! and i agree completely

Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
To all the "haters" ... put this in your pipe and smoke it! This car is one sweet looking ride!
Not trying to **** on your thread or anything... but your opinion is in the minority on the forums here. We are not being "haters". Most of us are die hard G35 owners who love our G's and were hoping for an awsome evolution of styling on the next coupe, but feel let down or disappointed by the new exterior design. Most people, including myself, are having issues with the front end of the car. IMO, the G35 looks leaner, sportier, sleeker, and more sexy than this new G37.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
^^ we'll see once it hit the streets. The bar was set so high with the stunning style of the G35, this is just an extension on that already WOW style.
Aug 21st needs to hurry up and get here

Old 04-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Awesome pics BostonMerlin. I think that most of the people that don't like the G37 are not in the target demographic for the G37, so that is why they don't like it, Infiniti is not targeting them!! Their target being 25-45, professional males, who have no intentions of modding their car, don't want a car that screams look at me, and want a fast coupe as a daily driver. People who don't like the G37 have two choices, keep their G35 or go to another automaker.
With all due respect, I only agree with the last sentence of your post.

Most of us that don't like the G37 exterior styling are G35 coupe owners! The G35 was a head turner that drew lots of attention. So did Infiniti completely change their target demographic? I don't think so. I don't think Infiniti would wish to alienate their core base of G35 owners and chase away repeat customers. However (and sadly), it appears that Infiniti has done just that by missing the mark on the front end styling of the car.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by InfinitiFreak
Awesome pics BostonMerlin. I think that most of the people that don't like the G37 are not in the target demographic for the G37, so that is why they don't like it, Infiniti is not targeting them!! Their target being 25-45, professional males, who have no intentions of modding their car, don't want a car that screams look at me, and want a fast coupe as a daily driver. People who don't like the G37 have two choices, keep their G35 or go to another automaker.

+1. well said

Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I dont like it. The interior is nice but I am not feeling the tail lights or the nose.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:09 PM
N50
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
With all due respect, I only agree with the last sentence of your post.

Most of us that don't like the G37 exterior styling are G35 coupe owners! The G35 was a head turner that drew lots of attention. So did Infiniti completely change their target demographic? I don't think so. I don't think Infiniti would wish to alienate their core base of G35 owners and chase away repeat customers. However (and sadly), it appears that Infiniti has done just that by missing the mark on the front end styling of the car.
I understand what you're saying. I think everyone needs to shut up a sec and wait until they can view the car with their own eyes, at the nearest dealer or at the Auto Show. Then and only then should opinions be formed. I know it will never happen that way but one can dream.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Not trying to **** on your thread or anything... but your opinion is in the minority on the forums here. We are not being "haters". Most of us are die hard G35 owners who love our G's and were hoping for an awsome evolution of styling on the next coupe, but feel let down or disappointed by the new exterior design. Most people, including myself, are having issues with the front end of the car. IMO, the G35 looks leaner, sportier, sleeker, and more sexy than this new G37.

i apologize if i hurt your feelings. i owned a coupe as well.. early adopter 2003. your story has been told at nauseum.. you're not telling me or the rest of us who like the car anything we havent heard already.. you dislike the car a thousand times over. yawn. why do you care i'm in the minority? i certainly dont.. and following the crowd is not something i do well either. come up with something more creative or put it to rest. You hate the car.. you have the right to express yourself on this forum.. and so do i.. you're a "hater". I call it like i see it.

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 04-04-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:16 PM
There is so much hate toward the new coupe around here. Honestly would you guys that keep bashing the G37 buy a 2007 G35C over a 2008 G37C right now. To me that sounds crazy. But to each his own.
Some people just get too attached to their current car, which I have been guilty of many times.

-----------

Last edited by O NO; 04-05-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:16 PM
The new G is not that bad. if someone can make a new bumper, simular to the "concept" bumper, i wouldnt mind getting the new G.

i'll have to wait and see.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
whats with the chrome spoiler

Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Cool

Love the interior, but the exterior doesn't seem to allow it to standout from other similar cars. It's amazing how different it looks at differenct angles and lighting. Need to see it in person, but from pictures...I'm not liking the nose... It seems to high. I would love the have the voice activated touch screen in my 06 coupe and the hard drive...

Old 04-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by noynic
Love the interior, but the exterior doesn't seem to allow it to standout from other similar cars. It's amazing how different it looks at differenct angles and lighting. Need to see it in person, but from pictures...I'm not liking the nose... It seems to high. I would love the have the voice activated touch screen in my 06 coupe and the hard drive...
yea.. i'm curious if current 07 sedan owners care for that drive.. meaning.. do they use it to store tunes? I'm an ipond kind of guy so my tunes go with me.. seems more usefull than the drive. anyway.. curious if they rip tunes to it or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 Pics at the NY Show!