G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Edmunds.com - Stick shifts and metal trim = not good

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerzcard6
I have to disagree, the Interior of the IS350 "feels" big and bulky, has way to many different color lights (counted like 5? green? orange? red? white? blue? not clean...), to top it off the car is garnished in wood, which is nasty. The one thing I will give it is the seats and the straight line performance. It's obvious they weren't aiming to make a sports sedan with this car, or else its a failed attempt. The seats are super plush which is comfortable but not sporty, the suspension is super soft which is comfortable but not sporty, the handling is not THAT bad as people make it sound although the car is not very planted. For not trying, toyota did good, but all in all i don't know who they are trying to compete with when they don't even offer a 6MT. Sorry, I had to rant, my opinion =)
Agree. I don't care for the interior on the IS350. Alot of cheap plastic or bad looking wood. The Lexus RX330 does have a nice interior - I'll admit (IMO - I own one so I am biased).

Old 06-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus and Acura for refinement, Infiniti for driving character.
BMW and Benz for showoffs.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jokerzcard6
I have to disagree, the Interior of the IS350 "feels" big and bulky, has way to many different color lights (counted like 5? green? orange? red? white? blue? not clean...), to top it off the car is garnished in wood, which is nasty. The one thing I will give it is the seats and the straight line performance. It's obvious they weren't aiming to make a sports sedan with this car, or else its a failed attempt. The seats are super plush which is comfortable but not sporty, the suspension is super soft which is comfortable but not sporty, the handling is not THAT bad as people make it sound although the car is not very planted. For not trying, toyota did good, but all in all i don't know who they are trying to compete with when they don't even offer a 6MT. Sorry, I had to rant, my opinion =)
There are a few things in the IS that I do like though. While I think it's going pretty far, props to Lexus for offering memory seating for the passenger seat. Plus I think you can program up to 3 positions for both driver and passenger while we can only program 2. On top of that, the ISs gauge cluster puts the Gs gauge cluster to shame. The white lighting used on the numbering and the needles is top notch and the deep blue surrounding the gauges is very easy on the eyes. And the way the needles light up from base to tip on startup is simply a classy touch. I also like how you can set the outer rings to glow amber when you reach a set speed or certain rpms. Something I wish our sedans had. I sometimes feel like the Gs gauge cluster has one too many things going on in terms of color. Red needles, white lettering, the bluish/purple ring in the center, amber warning lights and a red LCD in the center.

However our center stack is much easier to navigage IMO. Plus I like our screen better than the one in the Lexus. I also like how the lights surrounding various knows glow bluish/purple in our car. While I prefer the colors of the Lexus gauge cluster, I don't like the green that surrounds various ***** on their center stack as it feels very Toyota Camryish. The digital clock doesn't help either.

In the end there are things I like and dislike with regards to the interiors of both the G and the IS but in the end it comes down to driving dynamics. I simply prefer the way our cars drive and handle. Plus as an added bonus for G drivers...no 6MT in the IS350. Chee-hoo.