G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Debating on color, inputs please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The white looks the greatest AFTER black. Black is just hard to maintain, keep clean, and hard to keep the swirls out of.

I'd get white among all 3 choices. (note i didnt even consider the blue slate)

Old 07-13-2007, 04:32 PM
who in here has considered the wood package?

Old 07-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by anotha
who in here has considered the wood package?
The wood isn't available with sport package for now. If you don't want the sport package, then you can get the wood trim. If you do get the sport package, then dealerships can install the wood for you. I know Riverside Infiniti can install wood trim for you but it'll cost you more money.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:56 PM
why dont you just wait till you see them in person, you may regret it if you just go by pics. Everyone here knows colors look diff when you see them up close, the lines may flow better on a color when you see it in person and not on the computer, or whatever your looking for in a color.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Yimbie
The wood isn't available with sport package for now. If you don't want the sport package, then you can get the wood trim. If you do get the sport package, then dealerships can install the wood for you. I know Riverside Infiniti can install wood trim for you but it'll cost you more money.
yimbie is the expert now

Old 07-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Originally Posted by mantisG35
yimbie is the expert now
I know 10x more than my salesman. Although I can't believe I missed the IP w/ Graphite part. I guess I just missed the announcement.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:14 PM
wow blue slate looks realllly good in that picfture

Old 07-13-2007, 07:19 PM
I want those huge INFINITI BRAKES!!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by M6_G
Hey guys,

Wanted input of fellow members on what color should I get for the new G37?

Looking at my previous cars, I've had the Etneral Blue on the Acura, and Black on the current G35. So open to your inputs, Package wise everything except for 4WAS? Your :2cents:
Honestly bro, no one can decide what color you should get except YOU. Myself personally, I would go for the red with graphite interior or the IP with graphite interior. If you go with BO or BS and want it kept clean all the time, be prepared to work extra hard for it. Also, Infiniti is notorious for their extremely soft paint, so swirl marks and spider webbing will be unpreventable. But again though, get the color that excites you the most.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I echo Garnet Canuck's comments in full. I have had several black cars that always look great WHEN clean. This time, I'm going for IP with the graphite interior. BTW , if you live an area of hot summers and/or high humidity, black is even more difficult to keep clean, plus your car will be hotter outside AND in with the darker colors.

Good luck and happiness, whatever your final choice!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by WasabiPossum
I echo Garnet Canuck's comments in full. I have had several black cars that always look great WHEN clean. This time, I'm going for IP with the graphite interior. BTW , if you live an area of hot summers and/or high humidity, black is even more difficult to keep clean, plus your car will be hotter outside AND in with the darker colors.

Good luck and happiness, whatever your final choice!
Yep ^ What he said... I have OB and am considering changing colors to Red. This is my 3rd Black car and I think that I am tired of the extra work it takes to keep clean. Our other car(Nissan Pathfiner) is red . It is easy to make look lood . Interestingly the paint on the Nissan is much better than on my Infiniti.- go figure.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
i'm always a fan of the athens blue/stone combo -- too bad they won't put it on the sedan

Old 07-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Myself personally, I would go for the red with graphite interior or the IP with graphite interior.
Great mind thinks alike . Those two colours are my number one choices as well, even in the same order .

However I don't agree that black is harder to keep clean then white. Both are equally hard. White usually shows little rust dots, not coming from the car and have no idea where they come from, that only claying the car will remove .

EDIT. In case anyone ask, my previous BMW was white, my current car is black and my brother's Lexus is white and both white car had/has those pesky little rust dot.

Last edited by Techuinang; 07-14-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Rust Dots on White Paint ...

Originally Posted by Techuinang
Great mind thinks alike . Those two colours are my number one choices as well, even in the same order .

However I don't agree that black is harder to keep clean then white. Both are equally hard. White usually shows little rust dots, not coming from the car and have no idea where they come from, that only claying the car will remove .

EDIT. In case anyone ask, my previous BMW was white, my current car is black and my brother's Lexus is white and both white car had/has those pesky little rust dot.
Don't know if it applies to Infiniti cars during transport, but some owners of Taffy White Civic Si's on the 8thcivic forum stated that their "pesky" rust dots/spots were the result of RAIL transport from the Canadian plant that assembles Si versions of the new Civics.

I'm still a' goin' for IP on the G37, and here in Coastal Georgia I think I'll be worrying more about FREE Deposits from Brown Pelicans, Herring Gulls, White Egrets and the infamous 'Great Blue Heron,' perhaps the most insidious Giant Pooper of them all!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by WasabiPossum
Don't know if it applies to Infiniti cars during transport, but some owners of Taffy White Civic Si's on the 8thcivic forum stated that their "pesky" rust dots/spots were the result of RAIL transport from the Canadian plant that assembles Si versions of the new Civics.

I'm still a' goin' for IP on the G37, and here in Coastal Georgia I think I'll be worrying more about FREE Deposits from Brown Pelicans, Herring Gulls, White Egrets and the infamous 'Great Blue Heron,' perhaps the most insidious Giant Pooper of them all!
about the last part.

However, those rust dots appears with time, I noticed them usually right after winter so who knows where they come from. I will choose Vibrant Red this time around, but I may change my mind as I really like white cars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Debating on color, inputs please