G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Was that Amethyst Graphite ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered this color at the prompting of my husband. The more I think about it, I'm glad I got it. I think a lot of people are scared of the word "amethyst", but think about it, would Infiniti seriously put out a car that looks like the Barney-mobile? When I look at the brochure pics and compare it to the NYIAS pics, I really think it's the same color. A medium silver car that when the light hits it, has a slight purple hue to it. I think it's going to look cool as he!! and not girly at all.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 PM
If it is, it should be a hot color. Perhaps that brochure is pre-production colors, so maybe my initial thought on the autospies photos having Amethyst wasn't too far off.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:25 PM
OK, I am officially in love with the color I ordered. I might have to buy some purple fuzzy dice for the mirror. (and that was definitely a joke)

http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=171837

Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can see the very slight purple hue. I think that color looks pretty good. MissLydia, I'm sure you'll be very happy with your purchase.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
Yeah you made a great choice MissLydia. I have the Blue Slate on order and that has a bit of purple in with the blue only in bright light though. I love how Blue Slate on the G37 is actually many colors in one. Chris at Riverside Infiniti said that the Blue Slate is the most interesting color because it shifts the car's personality.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 AM
It is a nice color. Come to think of it, it looks like we've been seeing Amethyst for quite a while now. Below: first 2 from the Circle Infiniti dealer, next two from the first pics posted by InfinitiMichael. I debated but thought it was a Platinum Graphite with some off-white cement walls reflecting on it, turns out it was the new Amethyst Graphite color.

Attached Thumbnails Was that Amethyst Graphite ?-g37_coupe_ag_g37front.jpg   Was that Amethyst Graphite ?-g37_coupe_ag_g37rear.jpg   Was that Amethyst Graphite ?-g37_coupe_g37_008s.jpg   Was that Amethyst Graphite ?-g37_coupe_g37_086s.jpg  
Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm almost certan it's the same color as the auto show. How long 'til September???

Old 07-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I think you are right. Photos outside and inside under showroom light, all gorgeous.

Attached Thumbnails Was that Amethyst Graphite ?-g37_coupe_g37_33663558911_0_alb.jpg   Was that Amethyst Graphite ?-g37_coupe_nyias_auto-show-photos_autospies11.jpg   Was that Amethyst Graphite ?-g37_coupe_nyias_g371.jpg   Was that Amethyst Graphite ?-g37_coupe_nyias_g3714.jpg  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:57 AM
I don't think NYIAS car is AG. It had no purple hue whatsoever when I saw it in person. On the other hand, I'm not convinced it was PG either. My theory is they used a non-production silver just to make it look real good for the auto show, kind of like the concept car.

Originally Posted by SilkeG
I think you are right. Photos outside and inside under showroom light, all gorgeous.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:12 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Guru6
I don't think NYIAS car is AG. It had no purple hue whatsoever when I saw it in person. On the other hand, I'm not convinced it was PG either. My theory is they used a non-production silver just to make it look real good for the auto show, kind of like the concept car.
I think yur right!!The new york auto show's silver coupe looked "INCREDIBLE" in person I spent most of my time there just staring at it..LOL

Old 07-27-2007, 06:46 AM
The AG seems identical to BMWs "Sparkling Graphite". In the shade, it looks like a dark gray, but in direct sunlight the purple definitely comes out. Some people like that, others don't. Personally, I think it looks great in the shade, but not in the sun.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I have to agree that the one at the NYIAS was not the Amethyst Graphite.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Traditionally, IP and OB are the most popular colors followed closely by Graphite.

In this thread, no surprise for IP but looks like Blue Slate might be a new favourite for dark color over OB:
http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370596
It might just be that there are no photos of black but most people know what OB looks like. Blue Slate does look good on the G37 so I won't be surprised if we see them more often.

Amethyst Graphite and Platinum Graphite are neck-and-neck. There's still some confusion between these two colors so that may change. Sample size for poll is also small, so may not be accurate.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by MissLydia
I ordered this color at the prompting of my husband. The more I think about it, I'm glad I got it. I think a lot of people are scared of the word "amethyst", but think about it, would Infiniti seriously put out a car that looks like the Barney-mobile? When I look at the brochure pics and compare it to the NYIAS pics, I really think it's the same color. A medium silver car that when the light hits it, has a slight purple hue to it. I think it's going to look cool as he!! and not girly at all.
Great color MissLydia! It's on my shortlist... AG, PG or Blue Slate.
I think the AG will look awesome under various lights (sunlight, overcast, streetlights etc.) Congrats!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:45 PM
im lostt the AG and the PG??? Which one is the darker gray in the second reply there is a picture of the dark gray coupe that looks awesome.. butt thats the only picture all the other pictures dont look as nice.. Can somebody please post the dark and light color gray g37.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Was that Amethyst Graphite ?