G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

1st test drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnhw2
Got a price from my dealer, west houston infiniti. Mine is pretty well loaded and MSRP is just shy of $45k. Ive got to see it in person to decide at the price, given the mixed views of forum members who have seen it.
wow, a lease is prob gonna be in high 6's early 7's loaded.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Johnhw2
Got a price from my dealer, west houston infiniti. Mine is pretty well loaded and MSRP is just shy of $45k. Ive got to see it in person to decide at the price, given the mixed views of forum members who have seen it.
Absolutely. For $45K you have lots of great choices, so make certain that the G37 is the right car for you.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Seems that the 6MT is actually cheaper than buying and AT. Seems you have to add $1,850 for the sport package on the auto, and that option is standard on the 6MT. The dealer told me the car I was interested in ordering/purchasing would be in the $43-$44,000 range.....Jeeez, that almost $7,000 more than my 04!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We just got a auto journey here at infiniti of denver this morning. The car is SO much better looking in person. After driving it around the block, I can say that its definately ALOT smoother than the previous models. Although lke the previous models the G sedan feels a bit faster. Yes I know it has less HP but still it feels a bit faster. It may be the the coupe is smoother not sure.

The G37 WILL be coming in AWD at some point to. It has a bump in the center of the car for a diff and the front hubs have the wholes for axles.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The thought of AWD is nice, but the thought of adding any more weight is slightly unbearable!!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Comatose
The thought of AWD is nice, but the thought of adding any more weight is slightly unbearable!!
Yeah the car will be VERY heavy with the AWD. The door weight on the car in 2wd is 4658. Thats only 120 less than the 07 AWD sedan

Old 08-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll be test driving a G37 here in So Cal tomorrow afternoon. The dealer 'claims' to not have any pricing on 'lease structures' as of today and would only quote what we already know MSRP wise. We'll see tomorrow. I'll try to post some pics as well.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Just drove black G37

I just got home from a test drive of a new G37, identical to the one I have on order. I loved it, definately going to lease the one ordered for me. Looks were good, slightly different and better than the old G35 (2003) that I own. Interior wise as all you newer G35 owners know is a major luxury upgrade to my old G35. It seems about as luxious as my M45 Sport (2006). The drive is what sold me completely. First reactions were so smooth and under control to drive, engine sound, shifts, seating, just very high end comfort across the board. It is a very fast car, much like my M45 sport but smoother. Brought it by my house and took my wife for a drive in it too with the sales man on board, she loved it as well. Salesman is 6ft tall, my wife is 5'3 so she had the front seat where her feet touched the floor, he was in the back and had a foot of knee room. Back seat is nicer than I expected and my family of three (me, my wife and her mom) can do trips in this car given the two petite ladies. Bottom line....LOVED IT.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Advice: Don't make the mom ride shotgun :-).

Sounds like you had a great time with the test drive.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:29 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by denverinfiniti
We just got a auto journey here at infiniti of denver this morning. The car is SO much better looking in person. After driving it around the block, I can say that its definately ALOT smoother than the previous models. Although lke the previous models the G sedan feels a bit faster. Yes I know it has less HP but still it feels a bit faster. It may be the the coupe is smoother not sure.

The G37 WILL be coming in AWD at some point to. It has a bump in the center of the car for a diff and the front hubs have the wholes for axles.
Sweet. That's music to my ears. That's what I've been looking for. I don't care about the weight so much as I wouldn't be tracking it. So long as I still have decent passing power, that's all I'd care about.

Last edited by N50; 08-08-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I test drove a G37 Journey with all the options today including sport. I also test drove a 335i not to long ago. First off this car looks stunning in person! The color was blue slate with stone interior. The handling of the car is very reminiscent of the 335i I drove. You will not be disappointed in either car in this respect. I think it comes down to what car looks better to you and features. For me I like the looks of the G37 and it seemed bigger, sleeker, and higher tech. The main issue I had with the 335i is that it looks like a sub-compact car and the interior is too clean looking.

A couple of features I loved were the IPOD integration and the adaptive cruise control. I didn't think I would like the splash guards but they are not obtrusive and look good on the car. The 19" wheels are beautiful with the Infiniti embossed calipers but I like the 18" wheels slightly better. However I am still not a fan of the spoiler and like the front-end and wheels better on the non-sport. The biggest downside was the road noise and stiff ride due to the sport option tires and tuning.

I am glad I ordered the G37 Journey with all the options including rosewood but no sport option, as it will be a little more luxurious and comfortable yet plenty sporty enough for me.

Beautiful work Infiniti!

Last edited by mhfnet; 08-09-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by a_paradigm
I'll be test driving a G37 here in So Cal tomorrow afternoon. The dealer 'claims' to not have any pricing on 'lease structures' as of today and would only quote what we already know MSRP wise. We'll see tomorrow. I'll try to post some pics as well.
Which dealer is letting you test drive? I have been told not until the 16th by 2 different dealers that have the car already.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by caltender
Which dealer is letting you test drive? I have been told not until the 16th by 2 different dealers that have the car already.
My Dealer in Colorado Springs got their car today. I went in and took a look at it. It looks really good. They are going to start tests drives on Friday after they take pictures. It might be only for pre-order people but I am not sure.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I think I'm going to drive one tomorrow. Will report back.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 PM
This is the one for me

Originally Posted by FAST1
Absolutely. For $45K you have lots of great choices, so make certain that the G37 is the right car for you.
This is the one for me.......reliability, comfort, fast, luxury, good looking and easy to drive. I see nothing else in this price range value wise even close. What you smoking<G>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st test drive