G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

G37 came yesterday to Infiniti of Massapequa

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyCham
looks like black is the only color that looks good on the car so you dont see those weird looking curves. lol. but black does make it look alot better than all the other colors i've seen..
Thats exactly what I said after I saw the black one today in person. Black by far is the best color for that car, it def hides the curves.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Dont forget the posts that not only were negative on the looks, but predicted doom, huge sales losses, a bad gamble, outright failure and instant re-design because of the expected drop in sales... While this car is not yet a hit in the sales charts, I think it is safe to say it is not yet in need of a new look.

Mayor - good job, thank you, and I may have to come down to look at some of those September un-spoken for models. Hope this site alone puts you on top of the sales charts youself this fall!DOMO

+1. I don't think this coupe will disappoint.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by edchar4us
I wouldn't want to buy that black G37 look what the sticker says "SAMPLE".
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
The SAMPLE is referring to the STICKER because the sticker's have not been made yet. The car is not a sample, the MSRP sticker is.
I doubt it, from the comment below, it would seem like this is the sample that was sent for the Aug 16th launch release and instead, was turned around and sold. I could be wrong though but it would be a really big coincidence they only got one in at this time and the rest are on its way .
Originally Posted by da mayor
the rest of the G37's are still in Sea In Transit

Old 08-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by G-WannaBe
Dont forget the posts that not only were negative on the looks, but predicted doom, huge sales losses, a bad gamble, outright failure and instant re-design because of the expected drop in sales... While this car is not yet a hit in the sales charts, I think it is safe to say it is not yet in need of a new look.

Mayor - good job, thank you, and I may have to come down to look at some of those September un-spoken for models. Hope this site alone puts you on top of the sales charts youself this fall!DOMO
thanks still rated one of the top 10 sales consultants in the east region for Infiniti. try my best to help everyone out. the G37 is growing on me. no one really sees the curves from the pics as you do in person. i think after sitting in the G37 i might have to finally buy an iPod b/c that makes life a lot easier

Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by SeismicGuy
This was also the one "tacky" detail on the 2000 Acura TL that we bought for my wife. I see these types of phony fillers on the front bumpers of other cars also and it always looks like the buyer was too cheap to get the driving lights. I wonder if the phony grill areas on the G37 are removable and, if so, I assume some aftermarket producer will come up with a more useful/attractive filler.

Nissan probably is offering HID fogs for the new Skyline (G37) in Japan in the same way they have JDM HID fogs available for the previous generation Skyline which I have on my G35, but they were not cheap!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by BlkonBlkG
Thats exactly what I said after I saw the black one today in person. Black by far is the best color for that car, it def hides the curves.

Yes, I agree black is by far the best color for the G37- it really cleans up the looks.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:51 PM
is that an intake duct on the driver side of the middle grille?

Old 08-08-2007, 01:55 PM
that's the radar thing...comes with the tech package

Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 PM
what does it do?

Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Curt941
what does it do?
intelligent cruise control??

Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 PM
N50
Originally Posted by MaximaPower
intelligent cruise control??
Correct.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
With ICC (Intelligent Cruise Control) you preset a distance between your car and the car in front of you, lets say 30 feet. If the car in front of you slows down, and breaks that 30 feet threshold, your car slows down by itself to maintain the 30 feet distance. Its all guided by that little laser in the front bumper, that's how it works....

Old 08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
thanks still rated one of the top 10 sales consultants in the east region for Infiniti. try my best to help everyone out. the G37 is growing on me. no one really sees the curves from the pics as you do in person. i think after sitting in the G37 i might have to finally buy an iPod b/c that makes life a lot easier
Of course - if you do get the I-Pod, then you will have to get a car to match! Easy math, new ipod = new G37. Time to place your order.

I can't say enough how many times I saw the pictures back in late March, and then walked around it on the platform in Jacob Javits, it was really night and day, you cant get a full scope and feeling on all the angles, curves, and lines this car has even with the high res shots you are providing. To those onthe fence, wait until you see it in person, and bring the checkbook!

Old 08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
someone said those splash guards really m ake a difference. i want to see who's the first one to mod the G37. very tempting to throw some black maya's on the showroom car. also, wiating for my cousin to come in so we can try and install the fujita intake to see if it's compatible from the sedan/z 35hr's =)