G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

My order is in!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My order is in!

Just got back from a test drive. Unfortunatly for me it was a automatic- but sport.
old info: car looks hot- better in person. back end is off. interior is great. very much reminds me of my acura TL (which is a compliment). I'm 6'3" and fit very comfortably in the car. the drivability is off the charts. much smoother than the 1st gen. good power at all spots on the power band. sticky, sticky, stick. will be fun to really push it.

New info (I think): 1) the back up camera is awesome- shows 12 feet behind the car with measuring points every 3, shows a different color trajectory of where you are heading. very cool
2) the Navi does not work when moving- I hate this safety device, but it seem all the newer models have it. The hazard lights button is also in a bad place. It is were you want to rest your havd if using touch screen on the navi. I activated it, took us 45 minutes to find it. then he hit it near the end.
3) my dealer looked at the incoming cars but they are only logged in the computer for the first two deliveries due to the earth quake in japan. if you have ordered a car to be made past that, he said it will be delayed for at least one month.

Personal info that no body really cars about- I've known I wanted this car for awhile, but have been agonising over the color. I really wanted black, but decided I may not wash it as often as I should (and hate those ugly swirl marks), so changed to Athens blue (after seeing the magazine pictures with it on the cover), but the real blue in person is not as deep. it morphs between a nice deep blue it the shade and a light blue in the sun. well being I live in Arizona, I don't like the light blue. I like the Platinum graphite, but it is also too grey (and I've owned three of these in a row).
so I chose....

Black on black!!

I think I like the black interior better than the grey.

Last edited by GoofyG; 08-09-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah swirl marks suck bad! On my car i have now there is visible swirl marks in the paint and it just drives me crazy. Ive only owned the car a month so i guess ill get used to seeing them?? But black cars are off the chain, and if i was in the market for a G37(i wish!), i would go with black aswell.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:22 PM
if you never wash your car.. you wont see those swirl marks.. problem solved! seriously.. my 2003 g35c was black and i rarely washed it past the six month mark.. terrible i know.. but the rain kept it looking good!

Old 08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Awesome post. Nice color choice, black always looks hot!

Old 08-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually, if washed correctly, with proper materials and microfiber cloths from day 1, you will not get swirls marks.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I feel you...I have the same problem. After seeing it in person, I decided to get it over a G35 sedan. Before I get to my choices...here's my situation...I live in a townhome complex and have 1 carport, 1 uncovered space. Wifey's got the carport for her 07 Lexus ES350 (White). Here are my choices:

1st Ivory Pearl - Seen a few pics...haven't in person. I love this color but as I said...wifey's car is white. Is 2 white cars dumb?

2nd Platinum Graphite - Weird. Looks really nice in some pictures...looks really dull in other pics. My concern here would be, since I've never had a darker colored car...will PG show lots of dirt, dust, and swirl marks like Black?

3rd Liquid Platinum - I think this is the safest color...looks good when clean and looks good even when dirty. Only thing is I've had 2 silver cars...wanted something different for a change.

Any recommendations?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I thank you all for you support. I'm not sure why I can make decisions every day, but to pick a color drives me crazy!!!
Sweeet P- first I don't think two car the same color is dumb. you are in them at separate times. I will admit, I am biased against white, but I love the Platinum Graphite. as I said, I've had three of them (and my wives Land rover is the same color ). I personally do not think it shows dirt as much as some dark colors, and do not think it looks dull. (I hope that is a better answer than every color is good for the individual). good luck

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
congrats bro!

Old 08-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sweeet P

3rd Liquid Platinum - I think this is the safest color...looks good when clean and looks good even when dirty. Only thing is I've had 2 silver cars...wanted something different for a change.

Any recommendations?
I think you should get another color besides silver... Start fresh with a new beautiful car since you've already had 2 silver cars. Your choice though- they're all gorgeous selections.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sweeet P
I feel you...I have the same problem. After seeing it in person, I decided to get it over a G35 sedan. Before I get to my choices...here's my situation...I live in a townhome complex and have 1 carport, 1 uncovered space. Wifey's got the carport for her 07 Lexus ES350 (White). Here are my choices:

1st Ivory Pearl - Seen a few pics...haven't in person. I love this color but as I said...wifey's car is white. Is 2 white cars dumb?

2nd Platinum Graphite - Weird. Looks really nice in some pictures...looks really dull in other pics. My concern here would be, since I've never had a darker colored car...will PG show lots of dirt, dust, and swirl marks like Black?

Any recommendations?
I would go with Liquid Platinum! Very easy to take care of, and looks good all the time!