G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

G37 Coupe to have re-designed tail lights 2nd year.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
no they fired the guy that didn't give Infiniti the GT-R....but not to spill marbles they are good to their word maybe having a R38 upgrade in the G coupe in the future

Old 08-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt they'll make such a dramatic change after the first year, but if they do, just use the coupe concept body:

If they're changing the rear, might as well change the front too:

Old 08-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
hehe....

Ya all gotta admit.... it was a good spoof!

And some of ya, ya you know who you are were going OMG WTF... can I get my deposit back???

Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 AM
What's an R38 upgrade?

Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 AM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Triji
hehe....

Ya all gotta admit.... it was a good spoof!

And some of ya, ya you know who you are were going OMG WTF... can I get my deposit back???

I was thinking more along the lines of, "This guy has lost it". But, hey, you know...whatever works for ya.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by N50
I was thinking more along the lines of, "This guy has lost it". But, hey, you know...whatever works for ya.
well, ya.. I have lost it, but thats besides the point... I am totally psycho!

Old 08-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by peterbanks
What's an R38 upgrade?
Are you talking about the VR 3.8 that is going into the GTR?

Old 08-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you guys not seen the Autospies video? The Infiniti guy said "without giving too much away, we can expect an M3 competitor". Im kind of glad my lease is up in 2 years, giving me more time to save for the big boy G.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Another take on the G37's rear-end styling:

It's always interesting to read the comments on a new model introduction from the owners of the current model. Inevitably, they tend to find fault with the new car, as almost becoming defensive. This is a natural thing.

In NO WAY am I trying to imply that anyone is right or wrong - styling is very subjective. I'm just making an observation as an impartial outsider.

I've got an Acura TL that was purchased two weeks after Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast. I had started to encounter an electrical problem with the 2001 Acura CL Type-S I owned at the time, and the dealer really couldn't nail down the problem. My Company had relocated out of the New Orleans area for a few months and I needed a reliable car.

I seriously considered a G35 coupe at the time, but availability was limited in the Baton Rouge area, and they were about $3K more than the TL. Having just shelled out about $8K in storm clean-up costs (none covered by homeowners insurance), I decided to go with the "safe bet" and purchased a TL. It's a great car, but about as exciting as my weed eater.

I'm now seriously considering a new G37S 6MT. I love the styling, especially the interior upgrade (my only "problem" with the G35). What I find interesting about the objections to the rear-end stying is that I don't see that big of a difference. I think it looks fine.

Like I said, styling is very subjective. As a non-owner, I have nowhere near the "insider" view of the new car. All I'm saying is that maybe some of you need to take a step back and frame your observations in the fact that the G35 coupe is becoming the "old" body style. It is still a beautiful, and I mean beautiful, car. I just look at the G37 as an evolution of the breed.

Hopefully, I'll be on the "team" soon. I've been asking a bunch of questions, and you guys have been great at answering them. The passion of this group is incredible and I find it a bit more mature than the TL owners forum I subscribe too. Maybe that's a function of the price difference betwen a G and a TL.

Like I said up top, I in no way want to offend anyone. I respect your opinions and hope you can continue to answer my (and others') questions with honest and experienced insight.

Thanks to all.

gurney

Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Do you know what a fanboy is?

You have preconceptions about what the G37 should look like. Let me tell you that coming from the Z, moving into a coupe, there is no other choice BUT the G37 right now. It is mean looking, a bold statement, and that statement goes all the way to the bone.

I haven't been looking at G35s for the past 5 years, and I couldn't care a bit less what it looked like then. This is a new start, it looks smoking hot from all angles, and has the guts and comfort the car implies from it's stance, and shape.

It's a new standard. There is no way they are going to second guess themselves at this point.

Besides, even if what you are saying is true, that would make the 2k8 G37 that much more desirable and rare. Now I want it even more.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 AM
The passion of this group is incredible and I find it a bit more mature than the TL owners forum I subscribe too. Maybe that's a function of the price difference betwen a G and a TL.
Are you sure about this statement? Unless you're driving a 2nd gen TL (and using the Acurazine forum) ... the G35 coupe forum is no more 'mature' than the equivalent TL forum. In fact, you'd think the opposite ... who drives a sedan versus a coupe?

Anyway ... whatever the OP thought about saying a car will be redesigned before the car officially releases is throwing nothing but BS. Does that make any sense? I'm glad 'da mayor' has dispelled that myth and added more speculation to the discussion thread. (ie GT-R upgrade to the G37). One of the service techs at the local Infiniti dealership has already taken a look underneath the G37 and has said to me ... everything is bolted on ... lots of space so it would seem very easy to put in turbochargers and the like to make the G37 into a GT-R.

Very interesting ... I'll wait until after the Tokyo / Detroit autoshows to see what things have in store ...

Old 08-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
well Infiniti is looking more into a global market now and moving way up along the mainstream -- no more sitting in the entry level like Volvo, Acura, Saab and now on par w/ BMW, Mercedes.... just wait till the EX crossover, the '08 M-series, the new FX (to be revealed at the Geneva Auto Show), and the G37 hardtop and maybe the AWD coupe later on.

i'm happy with what Infiniti is coming along. yes, lexus can come out w/ the $200k supercar and IS-F but a true sports car is available in a manual

Old 08-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
If they do any revision it wont be until 2010. I just finished the Overlays for the G37 including the headlights, taillights and rear valence! They will be available next week .

Bat™

Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by izmir41500
why would they do that? they didn't change the exterior of the g35 for 5 years, and they're goin to redesign the rear of the g37 after 1?
clearly the g37's rear looks just as bad as Roseanne's

Old 08-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by dijstiiv
clearly the g37's rear looks just as bad as Roseanne's
clearly you are in the wrong forum if you dont like this car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 Coupe to have re-designed tail lights 2nd year.