G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

To wait, or NOT to wait: 2007 G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTR Enthusiast
Did you know that the headlights will be LED? that is amazing, they told us in the meeting yesturday.
I HIGHLY doubt that they will be operable LED headlights. Maybe daytime running lights or supplmental lighting. LED low beams are 3-4 years away from making it into production cars.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
I don't have all the answers but here goes:

1) Also LEDs don't get hot like xenons or halogens.
That is not true. One of the reasons we haven't seen a full production LED headlight is because of the massive heat problem. The first generation LED headlights WILL HAVE cooling fans to dissipate heat that is generated from use. High powered LEDS get very hot and require seperate heat sinks (ex. Luxeon Stars)

Old 03-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My lease for my G sedan is up in June...

I'm going to just get a G coupe...then trade it in a year after the new coupe's come out.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:31 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Wow excuse me i was one year off...
uh... well one year of difference seems to be entire basis if this question.. so no, you aren't excused.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
That is not true. One of the reasons we haven't seen a full production LED headlight is because of the massive heat problem.
Shoot ... had it backwards. Thanks for correcting.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:14 AM
If it were me. I'd wait.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by Gpair
If it were me. I'd wait.

Well, I was going to go ahead and purchase an s2k this month. But then my first choice was a G35, but excuse me because most of you guys will hate me for saying this... but I always hated the face of the G. The @ss, I've always loved, but I never liked the weird headlights. And after seeing these pics of thsi concept vehicle, my inclination is to wait for another year or so. My current car isnt' so bad that I HAVE to get out of it... so my suggestion is to also wait it out.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd wait for the 07's.

WORDS!!!

Old 03-23-2006, 01:41 PM
S2K and G35c are two different animals. I'd say a Z350 is more comparable to a S2k. I'm sure if you went to the track, you'd have a blast with the S2k but you have to rev the heck out of that 2.2L engine to get it to go. But you can get a fully loaded S2k for $30k, taxes in.

G35c ... wait for the 2007 model. I'm sure you won't be disappointed ... despite all the nay-sayers here who think the new model won't come out until 2008. (And the headlights and the interior dash were the reasons why I didn't trade my car in when the first G35c came out ...)

Old 03-24-2006, 02:40 AM
Out of curiosity, what makes you think that it's going to come out in 2007? In most cases, the 4-door makes its appearance one year ealier than the coupes - case in point, that's why there aren't any new model 2 door bmw 3 series...

My speculation is that the G35 sedan will be remodeled and offered later this year whereas the coupe will come out next year. However this is only my speculation. I was just curious as to how you think itll come out this coming year. I really wish you were right because I really want to get into the new g35.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Empire -- I have no more information than the guy who says the next gen couple is coming out in 2008. I'm merely speculating. Perhaps I'm being way too optimistic than conventional wisdom leads on ... but here's my thinking:

- GT-R confirmed to come out 2008

- Why would Infiniti / Nissan want to bring out 2 models (of a somewhat similar niche) at the same time? Would it not make more sense to bring out each car out separately to max out sales? (ie some g35c might upgrade to a GT-R)

- it's been published on Autoweek online that Infiniti will intro the sedan & coupe at the NY Autoshow next month ... that way they can get 2 "premieres" out of it ... (great marketing by creating so much buzz at Detroit and then a few months later ... full production model, IMHO)

- some are saying that the above mentioned 2k7 model is just a facelift until a fully redesigned model comes out in 2k9 (which would make sense to me ... extend the line out a couple more years before a major make-over)

Anyway ... I'm starting to ramble. Wait a few more weeks to see what's up Infiniti's sleeve. I don't think there's much more info from the nissan.co.jp website.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, that does make a lot of sense. I didnt' equate the release of the GT-R with my speculation of the re-modeled g35's. I guess ultimately we're going to have to just wait - something we knew all along. But you've now led to me believe that there's an opportunity of a redesigned G35 released later this year.

BMW did much of hte same thing, they unveiled their Z4 coupe and later that year introduced it into the market - so we could definitely see in this April's autoshow and have it come out later this year. :fingerscrossed:

Old 03-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
- some are saying that the above mentioned 2k7 model is just a facelift until a fully redesigned model comes out in 2k9 (which would make sense to me ... extend the line out a couple more years before a major make-over)
(

I don't think this is true because of the BMW's new design. I'm sure you're already aware that the 3 series bmw is the car to beat for Infiniti's G35. And with the BMW with their new design, it wouldn't make much marketing sense for Infiniti to hold out for a little longer with theirs. Just like Audi redesigned their vehicles due to BMW's lineup on newly designed cars, I'm sure Infiniti's G35 will to keep the market even more competitive.

-my .02 cents

Old 03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Empire
I don't think this is true because of the BMW's new design. I'm sure you're already aware that the 3 series bmw is the car to beat for Infiniti's G35. And with the BMW with their new design, it wouldn't make much marketing sense for Infiniti to hold out for a little longer with theirs.
That's a very good point ... manufacturers either jump the gun and release their cars before the competition or wait a year to avoid getting stepped on by them. (ie leap-frogging on another) Since BMW already released their new 3-series, it would make sense for Infiniti to bring out their upgrade shortly thereafter to avoid further sales losses (and bad press -- see last sports sedan shoot-out in last Motor Trend ?). For Infiniti, the G sedan is confirmed to be released next year (and we're going to see the production model next month in NY). Infiniti already has maxed out their G sedan so an upgrade is a must to stay competitive.

However, the coupe is a unique market niche. The 3-series coupe is out ... M3 is coming out next year ... G coupe -- you think they can wait until 2008? This further builds credibility to a sooner update to the current gen car. How many models does Infiniti make? What is the margin on these cars? The current speculated upgrades to the car (engine to be 320-330hp, interior inspired by the current M-series) ... that should be more than enough for Infiniti to sell a bunch of them until 2009 when the platform gets upgraded.

Of course ... this is all pure speculation.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Even though G35 sales (both coupe and sedan) beat out the 3 series this year, according to Infiniti, I don't think they'll go head on against an opponent like BMW. I think they'll wait for the release of the 3 series and let them have their "day in the sun," with for it to pass, and then introduce their own highly anticipated release and have all the press themselves.

OR, maybe you're right. Maybe their marketing strategy is to saturate the market with more competition, thus trying to eat away more of BMW's sales, and go head to head again with BMW with the M3 vs. GTR. Either way next month will show. More and more I talk with you, I'm tending to lean towards a new fully designed coupe out on the showroom floors near the end of this year. Hopefully that will be the case.

-empireme

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To wait, or NOT to wait: 2007 G35 Coupe