G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

If the couple in 2007 is "G35", will you wait until "G37"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the couple in 2007 is "G35", will you wait until "G37"?

Well, most of you guys know that the Sedan is still G35. What if* (let's hope not) the couple releasing a year later is also G35? Will you buy it because you just can't wait? or will you wait until the rumor G37?

Let's hear it guys...

Old 04-13-2006, 08:46 AM
I personally would wait until the G37 came out. I wonder how long it will take to release teh 3.7L engine, since they are saying the 3.5L engine in the 2007 G35 sedan is 80% new. It seems strange that they would release an 80% new engine, and then release a new 3.7L engine a year or two later. Who knows though...

Old 04-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Perhaps this is what Infiniti is going to do -- separate the G into a smaller engine and bigger engine? (As someone mentioned in another thread ... release a "G20" like they have in Japan) If that is the case, why bother separating a cheaper model with a more expensive model by 0.2L? At least separate by a larger margin (by a significant amount of HP difference...)

Personally, I hope the 2nd gen coupe will be a G37 and maybe the sedan G37 will be a mid-year update? Who knows what Infiniti is thinking these days ... so secretive!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, just to toss this out there, i test drove an 06 coupe yesterday (God help me i'm probably going to buy it ) and started chatting with the salesman about the GTR. He did mention the G37 coupe for around 08, and he mentioned a G47??? Granted, this guy was a salesman, and also off base in some of my questions to him, but take it for what it's worth... speculation and rumor

And hi, i'm new here

Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Glycerine
Well, just to toss this out there, i test drove an 06 coupe yesterday (God help me i'm probably going to buy it ) and started chatting with the salesman about the GTR. He did mention the G37 coupe for around 08, and he mentioned a G47??? Granted, this guy was a salesman, and also off base in some of my questions to him, but take it for what it's worth... speculation and rumor

And hi, i'm new here
I wouldn't trust anything a salesman says. Every time I'm at the dealer for service and start chatting with one of the salesman, I am amazing by how little they know about the cars they are trying to sell. Not to make a generalization, but that's just what I've noticed. I doubt these dealer's know anything more than us about future models.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
Personally, I hope the 2nd gen coupe will be a G37 and maybe the sedan G37 will be a mid-year update? Who knows what Infiniti is thinking these days ... so secretive!
This is probably a good guess of what will happen.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea of a G47. Maybe it's just me clinging to a dream but a 4.7 liter V-8 powered G coupe wouldn't take too much development. This would land it squarely in BMW V-8 M3 and Mercedes AMG SLK55 V-8 territory. I have always wished that Infiniti offered a V-8 in the G coupe. Even if it was a $10,000 option, I would take a $45,000 japanese V-8 coupe over a $45,000 corvette. Imagine the possibilities, APS would make a monster out of it for sure!!

Old 05-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by newtlicious
I wouldn't completely dismiss the idea of a G47. Maybe it's just me clinging to a dream but a 4.7 liter V-8 powered G coupe wouldn't take too much development. This would land it squarely in BMW V-8 M3 and Mercedes AMG SLK55 V-8 territory. I have always wished that Infiniti offered a V-8 in the G coupe. Even if it was a $10,000 option, I would take a $45,000 japanese V-8 coupe over a $45,000 corvette. Imagine the possibilities, APS would make a monster out of it for sure!!
please go drive a corvette and then talk...

for one it would be maybe a 400 hp option but would weight something like 3800+lb, 500lb more than a vette..it would eat the G47 alive...i would like to have an infiniti's version of the GTR with atleast 500hp and awd with about 3350ish lb, then we can say it might be able to hang couple of car lengths behind a z06..and also base price be somewhere in the 65k range..

Old 05-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I understand your point about sheer speed but I'd rather have a nice refined japanese RWD V8 that's built like a luxury sports coupe instead of an american car that is fast as hell but built like, well, a GM. The Corvette's numbers do speak loudly (holy crap they're fast) but it's a matter of personal preference for me. Corvette's just aren't my bag, too many cost cutting measures effected by GM bean counters. When I sit in a corvette I see the GM truck steering wheel control stalks, brake rotors that are slotted backwards on one side (Z51) really bad orange peel paint especially in black, shot peened black plastic exterior "A" pillars, cheapo stereo and HVAC controls, too much "metal look" interior plastic and really......a leaf spring rear suspension? Check out the $750 option yellow paint. It comes complete in 3 different textures depending on which panel you are looking at (I notice these things). It may work OK and be fast but it's not going to get my $50,000. Hell, Toyota Camry interiors look like 2-3 year old Lexus' now. For twice the price of a camry, I would expect better appointments regardless of quarter mile times. Chevy needs to keep the Magnesium roof structure and put some effort into a higher quality appearance rather than saving 6 pounds. For the price of a moderately equipped 'Vette, I'd take an M3 or AMG mercedes (or G47 coupe) even if they are a bit slower. In that price range, the difference is in the details.......my humble opinion.

Last edited by newtlicious; 05-03-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:21 AM
+1...the g series is going to need something, especially with the z4 coupe coming with the M3 V8. that will be one quick little car. infiniti stands to not only fall off the competition wagon with the M3 and 300hp tt inline-6 3-series, but also the little roadster that could now in coupe form and sporting 2 more cylinders.

Old 05-04-2006, 03:33 AM
id wait

Old 05-04-2006, 03:35 AM
but im wondering if the new G will have the same bolt pattern... so i can just through on my wheels once i get it

Old 05-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
but im wondering if the new G will have the same bolt pattern... so i can just through on my wheels once i get it
+23

Old 05-04-2006, 03:23 PM
I understand your point about sheer speed but I'd rather have a nice refined japanese RWD V8 that's built like a luxury sports coupe instead of an american car that is fast as hell but built like, well, a GM. The Corvette's numbers do speak loudly (holy crap they're fast) but it's a matter of personal preference for me. Corvette's just aren't my bag, too many cost cutting measures effected by GM bean counters. When I sit in a corvette I see the GM truck steering wheel control stalks, brake rotors that are slotted backwards on one side (Z51) really bad orange peel paint especially in black, shot peened black plastic exterior "A" pillars, cheapo stereo and HVAC controls, too much "metal look" interior plastic and really......a leaf spring rear suspension? Check out the $750 option yellow paint. It comes complete in 3 different textures depending on which panel you are looking at (I notice these things). It may work OK and be fast but it's not going to get my $50,000. Hell, Toyota Camry interiors look like 2-3 year old Lexus' now. For twice the price of a camry, I would expect better appointments regardless of quarter mile times. Chevy needs to keep the Magnesium roof structure and put some effort into a higher quality appearance rather than saving 6 pounds. For the price of a moderately equipped 'Vette, I'd take an M3 or AMG mercedes (or G47 coupe) even if they are a bit slower. In that price range, the difference is in the details.......my humble opinion.

This is a good post. Spot on.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Archangel
This is a good post. Spot on.

Thanks, I have my moments.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If the couple in 2007 is "G35", will you wait until "G37"?