General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

The "I don't have Volks, Works, IForged, etc. " Picture Thread...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
nice wheels

Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Axis Zero

Weds SA55M

Old 09-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kind of rims are these?

Old 09-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I haz hugz to givez

Received 286 Likes on 263 Posts
if you mean the post above you...each picture is labeled...

Old 09-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
mine xxr526 20x9 20x11 225/40 245/40

Attached Thumbnails The "I don't have Volks, Works, IForged, etc. " Picture Thread...-edited-g-2.jpg   The "I don't have Volks, Works, IForged, etc. " Picture Thread...-g3.jpg   The "I don't have Volks, Works, IForged, etc. " Picture Thread...-paramus-20110914-00043.jpg  
Old 09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gabe3d
Axis Zero

Weds SA55M
So uh wheres that nismo front now?ha..

i have caribbean blue too. I feel like theres 5 guys on here with that color

Old 10-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So I'm a "newbie" and all, but what's wrong with buying HRE, Savini, Works, or Iforged wheels? Sure they're expensive, but they make some sick wheels "IMO" I will admmit I've seen some clean wheels on this thread though in great price ranges. I've spent the past few hrs reading this thread. I'm only getting involed with the thread because I'm going to be changing up my G over the next 6 to 9 months and wheels are one of the changes, along with full color change, interior color change, audio, added body kit parts, hood, trunk, upgrade to 06' headlights, and motor work. I'm browsing threads and post to get the best ideas and feedback

Old 10-01-2011, 04:42 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying expensive rims. The issue is there are a group of our members that look down on people that buy knock-offs or cheaper brands and that's why this thread was created. Not everyone that wants rims can/will spend $4000 on a set, but if that's what you want to do go for it.

I've never understood all the wheel hate, but hey who am I to judge, I roll on chrome wheels. Lot of hate on here for those as well, but I say fvck the people that hate just to hate. I love my rims and wouldn't trade them for the world.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying expensive rims. The issue is there are a group of our members that look down on people that buy knock-offs or cheaper brands and that's why this thread was created. Not everyone that wants rims can/will spend $4000 on a set, but if that's what you want to do go for it.

I've never understood all the wheel hate, but hey who am I to judge, I roll on chrome wheels. Lot of hate on here for those as well, but I say fvck the people that hate just to hate. I love my rims and wouldn't trade them for the world.

Your G looks sick! I love chrome wheels though. I'm going to add some color to mine though. I've been looking for wheels an haven't found anything that really knocks me off my feet which is why I have been searching threads. My thoughts are if I have to pay a grip for wheels that will set my car off once it's done then that's what I'll have to do. I wouldn't want to settle for wheels that aren't the best fit if I spend a ton on paint, body mods, engine mods, suspension mods, etc. The wheels can make or break your ride "IMO" I've attached the wheels I like most "so far" I had to go to Savini's website and build them. I'm sure I'll be paying 5 to 6 grand for them, but that just means saving up. I just feel that these would be the best fit for my car with the upcoming mods. Keep in mind my car will be Lambo Orange with Strafe AMS hood, and K2 style trunk in Carbon Fiber with the roof painted black as well. Thoughts or comments are welcome

Attached Thumbnails The "I don't have Volks, Works, IForged, etc. " Picture Thread...-sv23s.jpg   The "I don't have Volks, Works, IForged, etc. " Picture Thread...-bs1.jpg  
Old 10-01-2011, 05:12 AM

Thanks man, that's the magic of Marcus Cooke photography, he did a shoot for me when I was in Cali last week. This is just the teaser pic.

On the vertinis, I'm not a big fan of carbon fiber so to me they look OK but do what you like and don't listen to the opinions of others that will try to sway you from your decision. I would also look around for a good deal on a used set of whatever you decide on if they're available. I'm an old-school muscle car guy and LOVE a simple 5-6 spoke design and when I joined Driver almost 3 years ago I immediately fell in love with these rims. Problem was they had been discontinued for a couple of years at that point so the hunt began for a used set. I rolled on coupe 19s for a while until I found my rims, it took me 2 years of trolling forums, craigslist in several cities, and ebay before I did. After selling the tires that came on them, my net cost was $500, can't beat that!!

Old 10-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Thanks man, that's the magic of Marcus Cooke photography, he did a shoot for me when I was in Cali last week. This is just the teaser pic.

On the vertinis, I'm not a big fan of carbon fiber so to me they look OK but do what you like and don't listen to the opinions of others that will try to sway you from your decision. I would also look around for a good deal on a used set of whatever you decide on if they're available. I'm an old-school muscle car guy and LOVE a simple 5-6 spoke design and when I joined Driver almost 3 years ago I immediately fell in love with these rims. Problem was they had been discontinued for a couple of years at that point so the hunt began for a used set. I rolled on coupe 19s for a while until I found my rims, it took me 2 years of trolling forums, craigslist in several cities, and ebay before I did. After selling the tires that came on them, my net cost was $500, can't beat that!!
Yeah man, you can't beat that price at all! I'll have closer to 9 months before I'm ready for wheels, so I have time. As for the carbon fiber I'm not a huge fan of it either actually. I just seen a few cars with it and liked the look when built a certain way. I figured these wheels would be custom to the build of the car and go with it better than just a black wheel. If I don't like the carbon fiber hood and trunk we're going to shoot a candy orange similar to the Lambo Orange over the carbon fiber. That should give it an orange tint and then the carbon fiber might not be as dominant. You and I might have the same views in most cases. I'm new to the G and Tunner cars. I'm more of a muscle car guy as well. I just picked this up and it was supposed to be a "get me from point A to B vehicle" I just enjoy mods and custom anything, so when I looked around at the G online I got hooked and figured I would set it off. Hopefully it all comes together the way I see it in my head...lol

Old 10-01-2011, 05:30 AM

lol when I bought my car a K&N filter was the only thing I was going to do, actually stopped at an Auto Zone about 2 blocks away from the dealer to pick one up on the way home from purchasing it. Then I found Driver and man oh man, that was it.

I think your plans sound tight, you have the right mindset by having a "theme" or vision on how you want your car to turn out and that's cool. I got lucky, had no pre-set plans, but over the years the car has come together rather nicely I think. So now my official theme is 'Simple, clean, and shiny',

Old 10-01-2011, 05:40 AM
lol when I bought my car a K&N filter was the only thing I was going to do, actually stopped at an Auto Zone about 2 blocks away from the dealer to pick one up on the way home from purchasing it. Then I found Driver and man oh man, that was it.

I think your plans sound tight, you have the right mindset by having a "theme" or vision on how you want your car to turn out and that's cool. I got lucky, had no pre-set plans, but over the years the car has come together rather nicely I think. So now my official theme is 'Simple, clean, and shiny',
Well for me it was a toss up between what you've done "Simple, clean, shiny, and "IMO" on point" or just go all out for a one-off look and style. It took me some time thinking on it because this will be the first time I've done a mod and gone this far outside my comfort zone with giving carbon fiber a shot, bright a$$ Lambo Orange colors, etc. I just feel that after looking around that it's going to come together clean. I didn't want something that I may run into on a daily basis is pretty much why I've gone to this plan for my G. I figure if I can justify damn near a grand for headlight mods, I'm sure I can justify the cost of custom wheels...lol Again, well done IMO on your G. Looks really clean and classy

Old 10-01-2011, 05:45 AM

Thanks brother, sounds like you have a good plan. If you "One off" it, it will be sick.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
What do you guys think about these let me know what you think before I buy'em the guy is selling it very cheap cause he wants to get another set..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The "I don't have Volks, Works, IForged, etc. " Picture Thread...