General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Got in an accident on Monday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got in an accident on Monday.

Okay. Here's my story. I admit, I was going at a good speed, but I wasn't speeding.

I was driving on a two-lane road heading home from school and it rained all day so the road is still pretty slick. So I drive slower than I usually do on this road because it's a pretty dangerous road where there are always some serious accident weekly. As I was approaching this blind curve, four cars came out from the opposite lane and their headlights blinded me for a few second so I instinctively turned further into the shoulder than I usually do and I didn't see the patch of dirt there so my right tire hits it, gets back on the road and then that's where I started losing traction and control of the car. I'm going about 40-45mph, the speed limit is 40mph, so my car start hydroplaning and fish tailing at the same time, and while this was happening, there were cars coming towards me on the opposite lane so I had to fight my steering wheel a bit to avoid hitting them and I eventually decided to aim for the steep dirt wall on the right shoulder instead of trying to correct myself and risk hitting other drivers. I hit the dirt wall, my car spins around, gets caught and started to flip and then rested on the driver side of the car. I literally held onto my steering wheel for couple of minutes before people started to stop to check me out. I was literally handing sideways and I put the gear to Park, turned off the engine and started to climb out of my car. The airbag didn't even deploy so I don't know why.

Paramedics came later and took me to ER. Got a unpleasant migraine and a sprained hand. :\ I'm never taking that road home again that's for sure.

Once I got out, my car looked totaled. So I'm going to go get it checked out by my body shop and see if it is repairable. I thank God for saving me and glad I had the camry which probably helped me to get out without serious injuries. Always wear seatbelts folks, it really saves lives as it did mine.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad your ok.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Here are some better pics I took today.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:25 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
what road are you talking about (google maps)

glad you ok man.

Who put the intake on the camry?

Old 12-09-2009, 06:59 PM
^ I did. I inspected it and it didn't get damaged so I took it out.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by JOKER

Who put the intake on the camry?
haha

Old 12-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as long as you didnt get injured too bad its good