General Media Share Find and share Infiniti-related videos! Just took some pics for fun? Looking for general pics and vids? Try it out. Please post specific media (Mods, etc.) in its specific category in the Tech Area.

Death of my G35

Old 09-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by VMRWheels
Me too!

OP, glad you walked out of that mess.
Thanks, considering how hard the impact was it's a bit of a fluke I stepped out of the car as if nothing had happened. I think that's because I didn't tense up like a board and also let go of the steering wheel just before impact then grabbed it again after.

It's like how someone who's drunk is able to walk out of a bad wreck because they flopped around like a doll when they crashed, they were relaxed from being wasted. I was in no way impaired but I was in the same relaxed state. If you've ever seen in-car footage of some race car crashes you can see the driver isn't freaking out, they're calm and trying to regain control right up to impact. That's what I was doing also.

Originally Posted by Tinaphps
always sad to see these pictures

Yes it is, especially when it's your car. It's tough now to look at pictures of all the places I went and things I did just from having this car and now it's gone because of a small f@cking oil spill on the Hwy. F@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by gary c
You should change your name to Lucky! Glad your injury's were minor, sorry bout your coupe! Pic like these make me ill, I can feel what it would take to tear up a car like that....Ouch!
Gary
Damnit, I forgot to buy a Lottery ticket after. Lucky and then some. I don't really consider what I walked away with as "injuries", a small nick and stiff shoulder is a normal day of Trucking.-lol

It's a hard lose to bear...oh woe is me! I read an article recently on owner's attachment to their vehicle, Infiniti owners ranked the 3rd most attached to their car and I can tell you that survey is Bvllshit, I miss my car like it was the only one on the planet.-lol

Admit it Gary, deeeeeeep down inside you're going "Yes, another Twilight Blue bites the dust, ka-chinggg"!-lol It's getting rarer to find one nowadays, especially one with a vlsd like mine had. All in all it's just a car and I walked away basically without a scratch, I'm putting the insurance payout towards a down-payment on a place so that helps ease the pain of losing my car a bit.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:57 AM
So I went and got the cheque from Insurance last week for the buyout on my car, a little over $15,400 when all was said and done. Not bad for an '04.5 with 101,000 miles though I would rather still have my car. Oh well, now the house/town-house/condo hunt starts.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
glad youre ok.. so sad to see those pix

Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
you're this guy right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwdE...ature=youtu.be

...sooo oil patch right ?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Very sad to see but very good to see your ok
Cause cars are nice but our life's are worth a bit more lol

Hope you stay in the G family

Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Row2k
you're this guy right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwdE...ature=youtu.be

...sooo oil patch right ?
I love it when people feel the need to give their 2 cents when it's not even worth 1/16 of a cent.

Yes, oil slick douche. I guess you're familiar with the area and know about the 6 freeway interchange reconfigurations while the new Port Mann Bridge was built beside the old bridge.

You probably also know about the rush hour traffic that crawls through this same interchange, this is where I had the accident.

Oh, you didn't know all this. Here's an idea...S.T.F.U. GOOF!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I am sorry to see your G go.
Glad you are ok.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad to see this.