General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Heater doesn't work and car is overheating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck with everything ( especially the adoption) hope it is trouble free now.

What kind of vaccume system are you talking about...EVAC?

Old 11-06-2008, 10:52 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh the vaccuum? The one that they used to get all the air out of the coolant system.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:55 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
well thanks for the info..sorry to bring this back up from the dead...but I have been having the same issues on my car for the past couple of days...I had a coolant leak from the main Upper LARGE hose that runs into the coolant....I fixed that by buying a band clamp with a screw...that has corrected the leaking issue..however my heater does the samething when I am stopped....it blows cold air...when I go though it sometimes will kick the heat back on and sometimes it wont...My temp will start to rise but its not hitting H like it was....before when I had the leak I was hitting H everytime I stopped...but as soon as I drove off it was perfectly fine....I had it up at infiniti about 2 days ago...dropped it off in the morning....got a call in the afternoon saying..Mr. Black the tech has called me and said he will not work on the car because it will not be under warranty because I have Aftermarket Hoses and radiator..the thing that pisses me off is that they installed both of them.....so I called the Servce Manager who I happen to be friends with and said they wouldnt work on my car...he said that was bull**** and wasnt a happy camper and said to bring it back in after the holidays and I will get you fixed up.

Hopefully in the First week of December I can take it up there and have them perform the test like you had above to figure out the issue...IMO I have a stock block with an intake and plenum spacer...dont think I will be a heargasket issue but I think its my thermostat. Hopefully thats all it is...Anyways I will post up what I find out.

By the way thanks for the information above!! this has helped me alot..I have a notebook over here that I have documented my issues with what my car is doing.