General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Power Seat, Dome Light, Door Light etc not working anymore

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Power Seat, Dome Light, Door Light etc not working anymore

Hey whts up guys..

I have an 08 G35xS and today i tried replacing my vanity mirror light with a de3175 LED.. i took the stock bulb out and tried putting the LED in it's place.. the LED lit up for 2 secs and when i tried to fit it into the holder, it turned off.. i figured the lights just turn off after a while so didnt pay any mind to it.. the LED didnt end up fitting in the stock holder because it was too short so i just put the stock bulb back... went upstairs, came back to my car after an hour and got it the driver seat...

the driver memory seat did not adjust to my setting, nor did the steering column go down.. the map lights dont work, the door lights dont work, the side mirrors dont work, the auto function on my windows dont work (i have to hold the switch up/down).. the audio steering controls work though however.. everything else works fine (navi, ac etc)... also i noticed under the settings for comfort and convienience, the option for "lift steering wheel on exit/entry" is not there anymore.. i checked the 10A fuse for electrical parts underneath the driver side, i also checked the one by the battery.. i disconnected the batery for 30 seconds.. still doesnt work..

what happened.. and what do i do??

The following users liked this post:
jayyyp3 (07-05-2021)
Old 05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
bump

Old 05-17-2009, 03:38 PM
just to make it more specific... this was the LED that i tried putting in

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...54410-1-2.html

Old 05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres a good possibility you fried your BCM as all those are BCM controlled functions take it to the dealer say i don't know what happened and then see what they do from there.

Also check your fuses and such to see what you havethere to make sure you didn't backfeed the circut.

Your ADP fuses and the "interior lighting" fuses. that are int he interior and there might be one in the IPDM/ER beside the battery i can't remeber off the top of my head at the moment.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Just got the whip back... it was a blown fuse.. "meter/batt" by the driver's pedal fusebox..

Old 05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
***note to myself... the only fused i replaced was the 10A electrical parts (thats the only one that made sense to me).. but next time i know to run a test light through all of them if it ever happens again

Old 05-20-2009, 05:06 PM
any time and everytime you have an electrical issue the first step is to check all fuses with a test light or a multimeter, easy enough blown fuse at least you didnt' fry the BCM, and the extended storage fuse is the electrical fuse you replaced. so there you are easy and simple enough best of luck sir.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Thx for the feedback.. I didn't have a test light and me not ever having this problem on a new car, I thought it wouid be something more serious than just a simple fuse.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:16 PM
there are now so many fuses and everything is protected by a fuse or fuseable link on these cars now for that reason because a simple lightbulb being burnt the wrong way can back feed the circut very easily.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
got you... they should really have a diagnostics menu on the nav like the bmw/benz does.. but then again, that would take away the job of the techs at the stealerships right

Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM
yeah i'm a tech a DEALERSHIP sir so i do HATE that word you use =)

there are diag menus in the nav display they are hidden though read the ESM and find them if you wish its under self diagnosis functions of said system.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:56 PM
sorry man.. got into too many scuffles with ppl from my place, i didnt mean to profile.. but interesting enough, that is something new to me.. do you mean there are hidden menus? because i'm sure as everyone knows we can see the regular menus under settings..

Old 10-04-2009, 04:26 PM
I have the same issue....power seat doesn't work, side mirrors don't work, and those features in the menu are gone as well, everything else works.

Everything was fine the morning i went to work and after work all seats were pushed forward and the driver seat doesn't work. That's when I noticed all the stuff that was wrong.

I brought my 2007 G35x into my local dealer and they have had the car for 4 days and they don't know whats wrong. They have never seen this before.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:28 PM
it was a fuse by the driver's left leg..

Old 10-04-2009, 04:37 PM
and you got those menus back on the screen?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Power Seat, Dome Light, Door Light etc not working anymore