General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

2004 G35 Coupe wont start.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 G35 Coupe wont start.

Good day, I was driving my G a few days ago, it was fine the entire day, left work and came home and it was fine. Had to be to the airport early the next morning so I stayed at home the entire night. 5am the next morning I tried to start it and I just heard it click. I started to think okay, its about 49 degrees out, maybe the engine needs to warm up but it still hasn't started. Now there is just a single click, not a series of clicking. when I turn from ON to START, I hear a single click and on speedometer lights go off but the ABS, OIL, SERVICE ENGINE SOON, TIRE PRESSURE SEAT BEAT ETC the are still on. When I release the key, i hear another click to say Ive released the key I guess. But there's not even an attempt at an engine start. I've gotten a new battery and tried starting it with the headlights lights on, the lights do not dim or go off but still the same thing. ON - START - CLICK - RELEASE KEY - CLICK...almost lick when you ring a door bell. I also tried removing the fuse for the radio to see if it was a parasitic drain and still no dice. Can anyone help me??? Please....

Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by buttafly_kris
Good day, I was driving my G a few days ago, it was fine the entire day, left work and came home and it was fine. Had to be to the airport early the next morning so I stayed at home the entire night. 5am the next morning I tried to start it and I just heard it click. I started to think okay, its about 49 degrees out, maybe the engine needs to warm up but it still hasn't started. Now there is just a single click, not a series of clicking. when I turn from ON to START, I hear a single click and on speedometer lights go off but the ABS, OIL, SERVICE ENGINE SOON, TIRE PRESSURE SEAT BEAT ETC the are still on. When I release the key, i hear another click to say Ive released the key I guess. But there's not even an attempt at an engine start. I've gotten a new battery and tried starting it with the headlights lights on, the lights do not dim or go off but still the same thing. ON - START - CLICK - RELEASE KEY - CLICK...almost lick when you ring a door bell. I also tried removing the fuse for the radio to see if it was a parasitic drain and still no dice. Can anyone help me??? Please....
Well , i guess if you tried a new battery meaby the Starter motor?? but other then that i dont know, its weird that it dosnt even turn over

Old 01-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the input, I have a diagnostics guy coming to check it probably on saturday, we don't have a dealership where I live, so hopefully he can get some error codes when he connects to the consult.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:44 AM
damn that sucks i hope its something cheap and easy .. post the update when you get it

Old 02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Okay, Sorry for the really late response but when my G was down I could a ride with someone and we got in a accident head on with some *** trying to overtake in a no overtake zone. Well, that ended in lacerations and a concussion, so I was on bed rest and a few weeks off. I wasn't really on the PC. But turns out, it was the starter, changed the starter and I'm back in the game. Just a quick follow up, thanks to everyone for their advise.