General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

fuel level sensor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
pull they seats upwards. The middle piece on the coupes mounts to the seat so that comes up with the seats together. DO NOT pull on the middle piece. You're gonna break it. Pull on the cushion.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man ill try that tomorrow.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by GR6RR
Easy!
Lift up your rear seat
remove the sucker out the cAr
there are two caps, remove the passenger side cap, 4 black tabs you need to turn
disconnect wires
disconnect fuel line (be careful it'll spray some that is pressured in the line) butdont worry it's not much. Use a rag to cover while disconnecting so it don't get in your face!
Use rag to clean up excess fuel spillage
take out all six screws and put them some where safe!
Lift the thing out, it might take some jenga skills to help manuver the unit out...
Clean the fuel level sensor with a q tip... (use a few)
fuel level sensor should be next to the floating assembly arm, you should be able to tell. Looks like a graph type thing . Haha

reverse the steps and you should be good to go
hope thishelps
__________________________________________________ ________________________
Thanks Guys.... i did exactly what GR6RR instructed above and my problem is fixed....saved me a lot of money...
BECAREFULL About {disconnect fuel line (be carefull it'll spray some fuel... that is pressured in the line) but dont worry it's not much} ... as it sprayed fuel all over my clothes

Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 PM
nice

Old 05-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by bokchilo
I fixed this problem on my car and both of my friend's G coupes. One 03 and another 05.

Simply replace both driver and passenger side Fuel Sending Units along with the O rings. The fuel level issue is a common problem on the G. The 4 parts should cost about ~$250. Replacing it is easy too.

Hi,

how or where can I buy the passenger sending unit all by it self.
I called the dealer and they won't sell it separately because they say it comes with the pump and other stuff. Dealer wants over $400 for the passenger Side and $120 for the driver's side.

Any help will be apreciated!

Thank you!

Old 05-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by bokchilo
Simply replace both driver and passenger side Fuel Sending Units along with the O rings. The fuel level issue is a common problem on the G. The 4 parts should cost about ~$250. Replacing it is easy too.
Why both? Is that necessary? Can't just one be bad or do they work together?

I'm getting tired of refilling off the trip odometer so want to put in this fix.

TIA!

Old 05-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by BeachNative

I'm getting tired of refilling off the trip odometer so want to put in this fix.

TIA!
Once the Seat is out, you have access to both of them, might as well take both of them out and clean em....

The passenger side fuel sensor is a bit of a hasle to take out, and dont worry about dropping the fuel line attached to the fuel sensor into the tank once you un hook it,, you can easily grab it later on...

The driver side fuel sensor is easy to take out. Once both of em are out, clean the graphs on em with a Q-Tip and your good 2 go.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by GDave
Hi,

how or where can I buy the passenger sending unit all by it self.
I called the dealer and they won't sell it separately because they say it comes with the pump and other stuff. Dealer wants over $400 for the passenger Side and $120 for the driver's side.

Any help will be apreciated!

Thank you!
you can call concord infiniti in California. Maybe they can ship it to you or something. It costed about 130 for the passenger side i believe.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by BeachNative

TIA!
The dealerships always replace both for some reason. So I suggest doing the same as well. Eventually the older one will go bad anyways. mind as well do both. Most of the time it's the passenger side one that goes bad.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Just waiting more to come on this thread...

Old 06-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Particulars considered individually and in relation to a whole: careful attention to detail.
A small elaborated element of a work of art, craft, or design. b. Such elements considered together: the intricate detail of a rococo altarpiece. c. The rendering of artistic detail: the fine detail of the painter's brushwork..

Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I've been looking at a few reasons as to why my gauge is stating 'E' when it has at least 14 gallons in the tank. With only 55k miles, do you think cleaning would fix the problem? Or should I go ahead and jump the gun to give my buddy at the dealership a call to order me new sensors? I feel that @ 55k, it would be too early for the sensors to foul out.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 PM
I just did mine as GR6RR laid out. Piece of cake and back to normal!

Try the cleaning job first before buying the sensors. If it doesn't take you'll know how to replace the sensors anyway. Very straight forward effort!

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
which side would you want to change out first? I assume the passenger side?

I found infinitipartsusa selling them, but which would it be? 11 & 14?
http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/part...layCatalogid=0

Old 12-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, the driver side would be cheaper since just the sensor is $100. The passenger side which is the fuel pump as well is $270. It'd be worth doing one at a time to see if one fixed it before replacing both.

Before that though, I'd just clean off the copper contact points with a q-tip on both of the sensors. Mine used to have 7-8 gallons in the tank when it was showing empty and it never showed a full tank on the needle. Now when the light comes on, I have about 3 gallons. left, and the gauge shows full when I top it off. It's not ideal, but I'm much happier with the fix and it was free.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: fuel level sensor?