General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

HELP - 2005 G35 sedan Driver Power Seat Switch Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... And thanks to all who posted previously, it helped a bunch...

Old 06-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Regarding G35 Seat Switch

There are 3 wires per white box switch (see here)
1) What happens if I cut the wires and touch them together?
The one switch has a red, white, blue (the other are 3 other colors I am just away from my car now so don't know what they are)

Also, can these little white box switches (or whatever their name is) be bought? If so where? Or could something comparable be purchased.
Thanks

Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

My 2005 had the pass/seat tilt switch issue, mainly stuck in the tilted position. I read the above and pulled the seat. I clipped the tie wraps that hold the wiring to the various connections on the bottom of the seat. Removed the side switch and looked at the microswitch. The fwd/backwards switch worked, no tilt with jiggle or 10 “Hail Mary’s (sorry Fredo it’s lonely in the row boat with Michaels bodyguard). So, I removed the side console plastic plate and gained access to the back seat cover zippers. Slid the zippers up and found the connection from the switch to the motor. Unconnected the working fwd/backward connection after the switch and jumped the power to the unconnected tilt motor connections. The tilt motor was good.

I read the microswitch repair above and decided that was an option, but not my path. I jumped/spliced power (live) under the seat, added a toggle switch, and then ran the switched power to the tilt motor. Mounted the new switch in the front bezel plastic below the passenger seat section to fix the broken switch issue. You simply have to tell the passenger where the new tilt switch is, you have a fix.
Regards,

SecurIT

The following users liked this post:
ErikNYC (05-24-2017)
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Had the same problem on my passenger switch, only wanted to go one way. Poured a little bit of rubbing alcohol on the switch itself without taking anything apart. Cleared up the debris that was stopping the rocker.. Worked fine ever since

Old 02-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Argh so I lost the tiny springs that align with the ball bearing... trying to look for alternative springs or switches instead of buying the whole assembly..Man sucks....any help is appreciated..

Old 07-06-2015, 01:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I just messed with the passenger seat switch.

If it's stuck full forward, you're in luck. Just remove the console (easier then removing the seat), and you have access to the switch screws.

IF it's stuck full back, then you can remove the front panel of the seat, disconnect the connector to the motor, and get some jumper wires (two top spades) so that the switch operates in reverse so you can move it full forward so you can remove the rear two console screws.

When taking apart the switch, put a rag underneath it so that all the small parts won't get lost (like the aforementioned springs and ball bearings). Clean the heck out of the contacts, and CAREFULLY put back the the switch assembly together.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:15 PM
G35 electronic drivers seat out of control

My 2006 G35 drivers seat controls are out of control. Without any warning the seat back and bottom just retract back as far as they can go. My wife cannot reach the pedals almost causing a accident. Sometimes I can bang on the seat control and it will stop, but lately it doesn't allow me to do anything. Anyone else have this problem and if so what have you done to get support. I feel that this is a serious safety problem

Old 08-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon Scadden
My 2006 G35 drivers seat controls are out of control. Without any warning the seat back and bottom just retract back as far as they can go. My wife cannot reach the pedals almost causing a accident. Sometimes I can bang on the seat control and it will stop, but lately it doesn't allow me to do anything. Anyone else have this problem and if so what have you done to get support. I feel that this is a serious safety problem

You'll need the clean the switch like what I did.

- Remove the console (your seat will need to be up to remove those back screws; reverse polarity the wiring under the seat if it's stuck in the back position and CAN move at least one direction).

- Remove the two screws holding the switch. Take apart the switch and BE CAREFUL not to drop/lose those ball bearings (BBs) and springs! Put a rag underneath to catch them.

- clean all connections w/rubbing alcohol.

- put it all back together carefully.

This is the driver's seat so this should be done ASAP. If you can't/won't do it, take it to a shop. They'll probably replace the switch. $$$

Old 08-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Can you tell me where I can get a photo of what your referring to.
Thanks
Jon

Old 08-14-2015, 08:18 PM
2006 G35 coupe Driver seat problem

I posted the other day stating my seat just takes off and moves seat back and bottom all the way back. Once it is back I can move it forward again, but it takes off again and moves back. Someone told me to remove the counsel and remove the seat sensor switch and clean it. Does anyone have a photo of that sensor please.
Thanks
Jon

Old 08-18-2015, 04:11 AM
Just finished replacing the power seat switch in my g35 04 sedan. Used a Nissan 350z driver side switch. Was cheaper.
Lost the tiny springs so had to replace the damn thing...

Old 01-18-2016, 11:26 PM
Moves Forward Not Back

If my seat will move forward and not back, does that mean all the gears and motor assembly are in working condition, but the switch is going? It seams each time I move it forward it wont go as far back as it did before. I can still drive it, so I am not going to mess with it until I can get it to go backward.

I hear a clicking when trying to move the seat backward, does anyone know what that all means for the most likely issue with my power seat?

Old 01-19-2016, 12:36 AM
It is almost certainly your switch. In my case it was the seat back tilt and every time I hit the switch it tilted more regardless of which way I moved the switch. My instructions are on here. Good luck.
Originally Posted by moenk5
If my seat will move forward and not back, does that mean all the gears and motor assembly are in working condition, but the switch is going? It seams each time I move it forward it wont go as far back as it did before. I can still drive it, so I am not going to mess with it until I can get it to go backward.

I hear a clicking when trying to move the seat backward, does anyone know what that all means for the most likely issue with my power seat?

Old 05-08-2017, 06:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I just did the fix on my drivers side seat today, it's worked for the most part but I would have to hit the forward switch a few times to get it to move. I figured it was just going to get worse so I went ahead and did that since I was unbolting my seats to fix the airbag light anyways. I realized after I finished the drivers side that I could have accessed the switch on the drivers seat just by raising the seat all the way up with the back 2 switches.

You can see in the pic it's easily accessible that way, as long as your back 2 adjustment switches are working if your changing or cleaning the switch.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Side note- My car will never feel clean again from now until I clean all up under the seats. Couldn't believe how much crap was under the seat, and I keep my interior clean 90+% of the time. Crazy