General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Window:Motor and/or Regulator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window:Motor and/or Regulator

Ok so my drivers side 04 coupe window at first would roll down smooth until about the last couple of inches then clunk and drop all the way down. After a few tries it would finally go back up.Occasionally when closing my car door the window would roll halfway down and i would need to restart my car to get it abck up and sometimes that took a few tries. About two weeks later the motor started to sound very weak. Now the window is stuck all the way up, a couple days ago i tried rolling it down and it rolled a couple inches down and stopped. Inorder to get it back up i held the up button slammed the door shut and could hear the motor struggling but the window didnt go up until i pulled up on the window too. Now the motor is making absolutely no noise. So im wondering if this is just another one of the common motor problems or if im going to need to get a new regulator too. I took it to a mechanic only to find out a repair is $700 and they couldnt tell me which one i needed to replace. I decided the diy for the motor looks easy enough, didnt see one for the regulator tho if anyone could let me know how difficult that is or link a video of it.

Last edited by rForce; 02-04-2012 at 03:13 AM.