General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

steering gear is leaking (from Russia)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry steering gear is leaking (from Russia)

Hello everybody from Russia) Tell me please, I can not find it. Here is the "GEAR SUB ASSY-POWER STEERING" is leaking.

I have found SEAL KIT-RACK for POWER STEERING GEAR, and I want to find seal kit for this GEAR SUB ASSY-POWER STEERING. But I can't. I have to buy the whole thing, but do not want to. Is it possible to buy a separate SEAL KIT or something for this?
Thanks

Old 10-26-2012, 03:53 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by djvov
Hello everybody from Russia) Tell me please, I can not find it. Here is the "GEAR SUB ASSY-POWER STEERING" is leaking.

I have found SEAL KIT-RACK for POWER STEERING GEAR, and I want to find seal kit for this GEAR SUB ASSY-POWER STEERING. But I can't. I have to buy the whole thing, but do not want to. Is it possible to buy a separate SEAL KIT or something for this?
Thanks
As far as I am aware, you will probably need very special tools to rebuild that area of the rack and it is not easy. Have you considered contacting a dealership to try to acquire the parts?

Old 10-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
As far as I am aware, you will probably need very special tools to rebuild that area of the rack and it is not easy. Have you considered contacting a dealership to try to acquire the parts?
Yes, and I found that GEAR SUB ASSY-POWER STEERING is expensive and it has no seal kit. Besides, it has leaking only at winter. So, I decided not to do anything